JAY'S 11th Birthday - 24th May 2006
Jay was born on this day - on a WEDNESDAY at 4:25am and what a special day that was. From the day JAY was born I knew he was very special but I did not know how special he would become and how hard he would have to fight to live.
Jay is special in so many ways, he deserves every great thing that comes to him in life because he has achieved so much in his life that doctors said he would not have - yep - they said he would never make it. This is one very determined young man - for him to reach the age of 11 is a milestone and a wonderful achievement for one so young.
I celebrate every birthday with so much joy but his 11th birthday is even more special because he has defied all the odds stacked against him and made it with guts - strength - courage - determination and so much inspiration and Jay and I will celebrate this big achievement.
Before going to bed Jay told me I had to wake him at 4:25am in the morning because that is what time he was born (well I think I will be sleeping) I do remember the time 11 years ago (OUCH) but worth it. I will let you all know how his day went and all about the gifts he got.
One thing I must tell you is that Jay has been chosen to get a Scholarship - he has to sit a test on the weekend for the HIGH ACHIEVERS which will help with his schooling which will be fantastic. The Principal and teachers at his school said that Jay is a fantastic Drawer - Creative Writer and Story teller and is one year above his level along with all his other work which put him in the High Achievers for next year first year in Secondary school and a Scholarship - how great is that. I am so very proud of Jay and what he has had to go through in life, he has had to fight for his life, miss out on a lot in life but still can be 1 year ahead in his schooling (I knew he was smart - but this is great) and I am so very proud of him. Better go - I will be back later and hopefully Jay can get on here and tell you all about his day.
To all our great friends and sick little friends - BELIEVE AND YOU WILL ACHIEVE - so you all keep fighting on and never give up and stay happy always.
UPDATE 24TH MAY 2006
G'day all my friends - wow I woke up this morning (darlsy did not wake me at 4:25am the time I was born) she was aslee and so was I , so I got up at 7am.
It was a beautiful sunny day today - we have not had a sunny day for a few weeks but my birthday all day was a beautiful sunny day.
Dalsy let me have a couple of presents when I woke up this morning and snowflake gave a present as well. You know I love LEGO well I got lot of lego, and the Airport city I wanted which goes with my lego plane - so cool. I got an MP3 player (Popstick) for my music as well and snowflake gave me a little cup with happy birthday on it with a little dog in it.
I had to go to school, I really wanted to stay home but darlsy said I had to go to school and I would be aloud to open my other gifts when I got home.
All my friends at school sung happy birthday to me and my darsly gave everyone lolly bags and then it was time to come home and see what my other gifts are.
I can tell you I got some really fantastic things from some great wonderful friends overseas and it was mostly all NASCAR STUFF.
I have to say thankyou to some very special friends because I could not believe what they sent me for my birthday - I did not expect it at all and when I opened the gifts I got from my friends overseas I could not believe my eyes.
Thankyou James, WOW thank you so very very much
Thankyou Mona and family, the same thank you so much.
Nascar is something I love so very much, something we don't get here in Australia and the gifts from you James are the greatest (NASCAR) Dale Earnhart Jnr and from Mona and family also NASCAR stuff , Jeff Gordon - Thank you thank you thank you so much I love the gifts so much - I can't stop looking at them.
This has been the best birthday I have ever had and I appreciate all my friends who sent me E-CARDS and birthday greetings -
I will write again tomorrow but for now I am going to play with some of my things, I am doing ok - I had a headache at school today but I stayed at school.
Thank you everyone for caring about me, I am glad I can come back to my journal again and do some writing, something I am good at and enjoy very much, and also here to cheer up all my sick little friends, and big friends. Remember to always be happy no matter what, no matter how tough things get and stay positive and strong always, believe in yourself and never give up.
I AM 11 YEARS OLD NOW and I know I will have another 11 years and other 11 after that - what a great birthday, thankyou all my friends for making it a great day for me.



<< Home