Jay 2009

"CANCER IS NOT KILLING ME""IT IS PUSHING ME TO LIVE"

G'day everyone, yes it's been a while since I have been on here and sorry about that, but it's been a dreadful year so far in many way's. I'm ok and doing alright, in a stable condition with a mass sitting on my spinal cord, which sits there dormant not shrinking and not growing, and yes that is good in some ways, but I still walk around like I have a ticking time bomb in me which sometimes is not a nice thought. We are doing it tough, and of course we know the rest of the world is also doing it tough, Australia is now in recession, it's hard, and tougher than before, but darsly and I stick together and do our best to get through. I have been going to school, I'm now in year 9 but I do year 10 and 11 work and yes I still love planes, and that is my passion my dream of being a pilot and working hard to get there. Over the last school holidays I did a few things with the cancer groups I am with and also did some things with darsly mum and below are some pictures of the things I have been up to the past few months. OH I hope you all like my new school photo above, I will be turning 14 on the 24th MAY, no one believes me I am only 14, they all think I am 18 and also I have reached 6ft tall and poor darlsy mum is still little.
Above - this is me and my beautiful little dog snowflake, it was a nice day so I took her for a walk to the park around the corner from where we live, I usually take the lead off her and she runs around silly. She loves her walks and is the best little dog ever, she is nearly 6 years old now.
This is funny, it was really windy, and snow loves it when it's windy and lets the wind blow in her faceMe & Darlsy mum in Melbourne
It was a beautiful warm day so we decided to go for a drive into Melbourne, we parked the car and we just walked and walked all around Melbourne. This picture is at the MCG which is the Melbourne Cricket ground, we were just being silly as we were walking and taking our own pics.
This is me standing at near the big Ferris wheel as we were walking from the MCG back into the city along the Yarra River, you can see between the wheel is a big building, that is the tallest building in Melbourne, the Eureka Tower and we walked our way to the tower and then when up.
Me standing with the Eureka Tower in the back ground - wow I'm nearly as tall as the building.
This is the view from the top of Eureka Tower, that is the MCG in the background, that is where darsly and I walked from earlier, great view hey.
We had the formula one grand prix here in March and I was lucky enough to be invited to the race with CANTEEN one of the cancer organisations I am with.
Me and another Canteen member just sitting around at the Grand Prix waiting for the cars to come.
Some of the different race cars at the track, there were not only formula ones there were the V8 Supercars and others as well.
Me and another Canteen member enjoying the day, the weather was great.
Enjoying the Grand Prix with other members of Canteen
All the pictures below are of me and the Canteen gang having fun at the Grand Prix


The next lot of pictures are of me at the Avalon Airshow with Canteen
I got to go to the AVALON Airshow with Canteen, seeing I love planes I was invited along to get close up to all my favourite planes.
This plane I am stand next to is the new Qantas A380, look at the size of the tires, amazing plane
Me and the Canteen gang I went to the Avalon Airshow with
How big is this, it's the nose of the Qantas A38, WOW its huge
The Moomba festival was also on in Melbourne, so darlsy and I went into the city and to the Yarra where the Water Skiing Championships were being held during Moomba, it was a great day, nice and hot and lots of people. 
Me Darlsy mum and Snowflake just sitting on couch
Me and Snowflake in front of the sunset out the front of our house
Below, this is close the fires were to us, this pictures in taken from our back yard
Another picture from the back yard, its was a really scary time having the fires so close.
Well that's it for now and I am sorry I have not been around, I do think of everyone who has supported me everyday and that includes all my great friends over seas, I will try to get on here a bit more and keep you updated, it is just difficult with school and other things at the moment. I also have my MRI SCAN and MIBG SCANS all coming up very soon and will up date you on all when I have them done. I will get back on hear before my birthday, I can't believe I'm going to be 14, that is so cool seeing the doctors said I would never make it.......gee have I proved them all wrong. You just have to always be positive in life and all the things you do, and believe that cancer is just a word and don't be scared of it, I have proved you can survive Neuroblastoma and I would love to see more kids survive it. Still we search for that cure and I hope that cure will be here real soon, but to find that cure we need research and to fund that research we need donations, so if you can give to the Neuroblastoma Research Department then please do so because I don't want any more kids dying from this horrible illness. 
<< Home