JAY'S JOURNEY (NEUROBLASTOMA)

G'DAY MY NAME IS " JAY " I'M 13 YEARS OLD & LIVE IN AUSTRALIA WITH MY DARSLY MUM,DOG SNOWFLAKE & MY MATE PORKA. "I HAVE NEUROBLASTOMA - IT DOSNT HAVE ME" I WANT TO RAISE AWARENESS OF NEUROBLASTOMA SO WE CAN FIND A CURE SO NO OTHER CHILDREN LIKE ME HAVE TO SUFFER I HOPE I CAN INSPIRE EVERYONE TO HELP ME FIND A CURE & SPRED THE WORD ABOUT "NEUROBLASTOMA & ME". STRENGTH - COURAGE - DETERMINATION - HOPE & INSPIRATION CANCER IS NOT KILLING ME - IT IS PUSHING ME TO LIVE.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Muddy day (play)







This is Jay's Darlsy mum - as you can see by the photo Jay decided seeing it was muddy and wet he would go and play in the mud (boys will be boys) he thought is was a great joke , he was mud and slush from head to foot.


The other photo is Jay all cleaned up and looking handsome with his dog Snowflake and of course his mate Porka.

Today will be the last post until atleast around the 3rd June as I go into Hospital (The Alfred Hospital - the biggest trauma centre in Melbourne)(Australia) tomorrow morning Monday 29th May to have a major back operation (SPINAL FUSION) which I am not looking forward to one little bit - but if Jay can beat Cancer then this is a piece of cake.

I will be in hospital from Monday 29th May to atleast Friday 2nd June, Jay I am very worried about because I have always taken care of him, no one has ever taken care of him but me so I am a little hesitant in leaving him with someone for a week. Jay doesn't want me to go, but I have to have the surgery because my back is getting worse each day and I am at a stage where I can't walk some days.

I know Jay is a tough boy - boy do I know that and he will make sure he looks after me although it is going to be hard for him and not really fair on an 11 year old to take care of his mother.

Although my recovery is going to be atleast 4 months, I am going to try and get back quicker (yes Jay got that determination and strength from me) no back surgery is going to keep me down (I am to active to be confined to doing nothing).

I want everyone to know that Jay loves having his website back, and as soon as we sort of get back to normal, Jay will be doing his journal. He said to say thank you to everyone who sent him birthday greetings, he had a great birthday.

Please know that if you sign the guestbook you will not see the entry until I come home from hospital.

We wish all our friends especially all the little sick friends lots of strength - courage - determination - hope and inspiration all the trates Jay has for you to all get better and live a wonderful fulfilling life.

REMEMBER:

DON'T TAKE YOU LOVED ONE'S FOR GRANTED
ONCE YOU LOSE THEM
THEY HAVE GONE FOREVER
GIVE THEM ALL A BIG HUG EACH DAY
AND TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM EACH DAY
TREASURE EVERY MOMENT YOU HAVE
AND LIVE EACH DAY TO THE FULL

"JAY"





5PM SUNDAY NIGHT UPDATE:

MY BACK SURGERY HAS JUST BEEN CANCELLED:

MY Surgery just got cancelled, I just received a phone call telling me I am sorry but we have had to cancel your scheduled surgery due to LACK OF BEDS. Am I fuming , you bet I am, I have been waiting for this surgery for 2 and a half years. I organized for Jay to be taken care of for a week (someone went out of their way to take a week off work to look after him) and now everything has been mucked up. I have not been given a new day or date for my surgery, the only things I got was sorry there are not enough beds. I will have to let you all know what is going on, but can't do that until I know something but really don't know what I will do now because my friend cannot take another week off work. SO Jay and I will be here - we are not going anywhere - I have been put on hold, my bags are all packed and don't know when my surgery is - also Jays bags are all packed and he was finally prepared for me to have my surgery, now that has mucked with his little head now. Well what can I do, I rang the department of health as they were the ones who have been trying to get my surgery done and were angry that I had to wait so long, and when I told her what had just happened she said she will be ringing the hospital first thing in the morning to and give them a piece of her mind and demand an explanation. Department of health and the health minister here in Melbourne are not impressed this has happened and are demanding answers (so am I). So looks like you have to put up with us for the week - we are not going anywhere (lol). If I don't laugh I will cry. Hope to talk to you all during the week and I will let you know what is happening. Also we are waiting Jays MIBG scan still, so hopefully we can also get some answers to when that may be.

TAKE CARE bye for now

***************************************************