JAY'S JOURNEY (NEUROBLASTOMA)

G'DAY MY NAME IS " JAY " I'M 13 YEARS OLD & LIVE IN AUSTRALIA WITH MY DARSLY MUM,DOG SNOWFLAKE & MY MATE PORKA. "I HAVE NEUROBLASTOMA - IT DOSNT HAVE ME" I WANT TO RAISE AWARENESS OF NEUROBLASTOMA SO WE CAN FIND A CURE SO NO OTHER CHILDREN LIKE ME HAVE TO SUFFER I HOPE I CAN INSPIRE EVERYONE TO HELP ME FIND A CURE & SPRED THE WORD ABOUT "NEUROBLASTOMA & ME". STRENGTH - COURAGE - DETERMINATION - HOPE & INSPIRATION CANCER IS NOT KILLING ME - IT IS PUSHING ME TO LIVE.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Wednesday 15th June 2006

JAY'S (Smile Mail)
P.O. Box 2075
Fountain Gate 3805
Melbourne - Victoria - Australia




G'DAY MY FRIENDS.

Sorry I have not been around, but so much has been happening since I was last here (there is always something going on in our life) never a dull moment.



MEDICAL ALERT -

My darlsy mum was suppose to have her SPINAL SURGERY today 15th June, but what did the hospital do to her again;

CANCELLED HER SURGERY AGAIN - CAN YOU BELIEVE IT - THEY CANCELLED IT.

Darlsy and I were all organized once again, I was all prepared that darlsy was going to have this big surgery and they did it again to her THEY RANG HER AND CANCELLED IT.

Darlsy got a phone call it was from the actual Surgeon who is going to do the surgery, he said to my darlsy I am really sorry to tell you this - but I am unable to do your surgery because I am going on holidays. Darlsy said WHAT!, are you joking and he said no, I can't do it because I am going on holidays. Darlsy said, so you are telling me, your holiday is more important than fixing my back - she was just told, sorry but I will be away. Darlsy EXPLODED, then she cried, then she EXPLODED again, and got on the phone to the Department Of Health. My darlsy is in so much pain, it is not fair, they have done this for the second time, just before she is to go and have it done and not fair on me. They have now told her that she has to wait another TWO WEEKS but doesn't know a date yet.

MEDICAL ALERT - MEDICAL ALERT:
This time it is for me. You know how I have been waiting a long time for my MIBG SCAN, well no more waiting.

My MIBG SCAN is on Tuesday 20th June, yes this Tuesday coming. We have not got all the details yet , but my Oncology doctor Peter Downie, he rang Darlsy and told her the special stuff came in and Jay's scan will be on Tuesday.

I know that I have to fast from 7.30am on Tuesday morning and go into MONASH MEDICAL CENTRE and they do something. Then I have to go back on Wednesday, and also on Thursday. Peter said to darlsy that he is sending her a schedule of what we have to do. So I suppose that is one good thing (I am finally having my MIBG SCAN).

WHAT'S BEEN HAPPENING:

Well last Saturday here in Australia, it was the COLDEST day in 27 years, it was so COLD, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,
and darlsy was freezing (she hates the cold).

I have been doing really well in school and was Awarded by my peers at school the award of best Story Writer, Best Writer and also Best Drawer. I also go the best school report and darlsy is very proud of me.

There are only two days of school left before school holidays (yep that's right) on Friday we start school holidays and don't go back to school until July 3rd, so I am not sure what I will be doing on the holidays , but I do know I will probably be doing something with CAMP QUALITY.

My dog Snowflake is doing great, she is really fluffy at the moment because it is winter and she needs to keep warm, if we have her groomed she will get cold, even though she has a coat to wear.

I want to thank all my wonderful friends who continue to visit me and leave nice messages, it really cheers me up a lot.

I have been visiting a lot of my friends lately, and some of them are doing great and some are having a real tough time. I can't believe how many friends I have lost over the past few months, that is really hard, to lose friends, hoping they are going to get better and then lose them, that is when I think of how very lucky I am, and how it makes me more determined to keep fighting for not only myself but for all the sick kids and try very hard to find a cure.

NEUROBLASTOMA is a monster and it needs to be stopped, but the only way we can do that, is to raise money for research into trying to find a cure. Cure will not come straight away unfortunately, I wish it would so no more kids have to die, but if you out there can donate to NEUROBLASTOMA RESEARCH please do so, please help to find a cure for this horrible monster. If we had lots of money we would give it all to NEUROBLASTOMA RESEARCH but the only way Darlsy and I can help is to RAISE AWARENESS and find ways to raise money to give to NEUROBLASTOMA RESEARCH.

A PLEA FROM ME:

If there is anyone out there who is in a position to be fortunate enough to have money they can donate to NEUROBLASTOMA please think of the kids you will be helping, the lives you will save if you have the heart to donate. These are kids lives, my life, we have monsters inside us, we have not had a chance to live, please give so we can grow, so we can have a chance to grow older. All details to how to donate to NEUROBLASTOMA RESEARCH are on my site under Help Jay find a CURE. So if you can give just a little to finding a cure it would be appreciated.

Well I have to go now, I want to send lots of STRENGTH-COURAGE-DETERMINATION-HOPE AND INSPIRATION to all the little ones out there, all my little NB sick friends, you can do it, you just keep fighting and never give up.

OH: the photos at the top are of PORKA AND ME, and ME on the computer.