JAY'S JOURNEY (NEUROBLASTOMA)

G'DAY MY NAME IS " JAY " I'M 13 YEARS OLD & LIVE IN AUSTRALIA WITH MY DARSLY MUM,DOG SNOWFLAKE & MY MATE PORKA. "I HAVE NEUROBLASTOMA - IT DOSNT HAVE ME" I WANT TO RAISE AWARENESS OF NEUROBLASTOMA SO WE CAN FIND A CURE SO NO OTHER CHILDREN LIKE ME HAVE TO SUFFER I HOPE I CAN INSPIRE EVERYONE TO HELP ME FIND A CURE & SPRED THE WORD ABOUT "NEUROBLASTOMA & ME". STRENGTH - COURAGE - DETERMINATION - HOPE & INSPIRATION CANCER IS NOT KILLING ME - IT IS PUSHING ME TO LIVE.

Friday, October 27, 2006

I WON an Australian AWARD

JAY'S (Smile Mail)
P.O. BOX 2075
Fountain Gate 3805
Melbourne - Victoria - Australia
***
G'DAY it's JAY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
*****
It's good to be back as you can see by the photo below I am still looking a bit sick - I tried to give you all a big smile - because I always believe a smile will always make me feel better - my face is a bit puffy still - I am not feeling the best but getting on with what I love to do - give hope to others and I wanted to come and see you all because I have missed cheering you all up and missed all my friends.
Before I start my darsly mum has something to tell you all

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"NEWS FLASH - NEWS FLASH"
This is darsly mum and I am so excited - why am I excited you ask, well that is because I have the most wonderful son and I am so very proud of his achievements.
I received a phone call yesterday (Thursday 26th October) I saw the phone number was a Sydney number and could not even think of who it may be.
The lady on the end of the phone asked - is the Bron the son of the special boy Jay, hesitantly I replied YES and then she told me the best news I have ever heard in my life.
I cannot go into details right now - but JAY has won an AUSTRALIAN AWARD for - this is all to do with his battle with cancer - his journey in life and his ability to give others hope - he has been recognized for his strength and courage and ability to help others and to raise awareness of Neuroblastoma.
Jay and myself will be flying to SYDNEY on the 21st November - 2 nights accomodation in Sydney Hotel - on 22nd November the awards ceremony takes place in front of all of Australia and the media and will be on the Today program.
I can't tell you what the award is yet - due to media coverage and the ceremony not being until 22nd November - I hate keeping secrets but this is a very important award and I was in total shock to hear Jay had won the award, I had to get the lady on the end of the phone to repeat it for me - I started to cry and could not believe they chose Jay, she said he is outstanding he just stood out and we had to select him as the winner.
I can't give the details of what the award is - I want to - but it is going to give Jay the opportunity to full fill his goal in life and that is making sure everyone knows what NEUROBLASTOMA is and to find a CURE.
This award is going to do so much - Jay has achieved his goal in getting the Awareness out there about Neuroblastoma and he has been recognized for it and now he has the opportunity to get the message out there even more.
I AM THE PROUDEST MUM IN THE WORLD
and can not reveal the details - until after the ceremony because the Award has not been annouced.

********
G'day everyone - I have been very sick and have not been able to do any work on the computer. I am sorry it has been about 2 weeks since my last journal. I have wanted to do my journal but my headaches have been so bad I have not been able to concentrate on anything. I have been worried about all my friends and been thinking of you all so much and I have not even been able to come visit you all. Darsly was going to do a journal and visit my friends but with me being sick she said that I come first and the computer comes lasts (that's my darsly for you) she always takes care of me. The last 2 weeks have not been great, I have been vomiting, the headaches are so bad it is like someone hitting me continuously with a big hammer and the leg pains are just as bad and still we cannot get an answer to why I have the headaches. Migrain has been ruled out - the specialists last time I saw them said my symptoms are not that of Migrain, but did not refer me on to anyone who might know the reason. These headaches are really bad and they have stopped me from doing a lot of things over the past 2 weeks, usually I don't let anything bring me down, I try very hard to get on with life and do all the things I love to do, but these headaches have been the worst ever and they are getting worse each time - so some answers would be great. I don't like being sick, but It has been part of my life for a long time, I am sure I have been given all these challenges in my life for a reason (sometimes it is very annoying) but I know I have been given these challenges for a reason and my journey with cancer has not been without purpose. Through my illness - I have been able to help so many, not only other kids but also doctors to understand my illness and the different effects it has - and helps them understand this horrible disease (well I don't like to call Neuroblastoma a disease because In my opinion it is not) a diesease is something that can be passed on and is catching - NEUROBLASTOMA is not something that can be transmitted and is not catching so I say it is an ILLNESS. Through my battle with Neuroblastoma I have opened the eyes of so many around me and have made aware how life really is precious. Life is far too short, my illness has taught me you must not take life for granted - there are no guarantees in life - there are no guarantees for the future and that is why we must all live each day today because tomorrow never comes. Believe in your dreams - I could be on this earth until the day I am 80 or my future could hold just one more day - we just don't know - dream the biggest dreams and live the fullest life every single day - be thankful you wake up in the morning. Through my illness I have met people I would not normally get the opportunity to meet - it is sad that a child has to have a terminal illness to be able to do such great things and meet such great people. I have met families I would otherwise not have met even though we have only met over the internet we all join together with the same purpose in life and that is to find a cure for childhood cancer. My life has only been a short one - 11 years on this earth - but I have in that short life achieved so much, and if I can continue to achieve by touching the hearts of others, by giving people hope where they may have given up, by giving my strength and courage, by raising awareness of NEUROBLASTOMA then I know I have done a great thing. To be recognized for what I have achieved is an achievement in itself and I am very proud that my purpose in life has bee acknowledged. I got up this morning feeling a little better, but would like to feel a lot better which I know I will soon, so all of you little one's out there battling at the moment, you pat yourself on the back and tell yourself you are PROUD OF YOURSELF, because battling cancer, battling Neuroblastoma is not easy and you are all very very special and should be very proud of yourselves - no matter how tough things get a SMILE is always something seen on a cancer child's face - no complaining ever - no winging ever just a huge SMILE. I am going to battle on and I am not going to let any illness get me - I am here I am a survivor and I am going to continue to be a survivor and find a cure for Neuroblastoma. Did you know that there is no direct government funding into the research of Neuroblastoma - drug companies only fund research in to illnesses that will make a profitable return for their chare holders - this SUCKS because NEUROBLASTOMA is not one of those illnesses. The government here will not fund the protocol for Neuroblastoma, that is why poor families have to try to raise money to go over seas to give their kids a chance - something that should not be - some families just like mine, we cannot afford the cost of going overseas, lots of families can't do it, lots of families unfortunately don't get the opportunity because their children die because of waiting to find the money so they can go. It's time the government here got of there BUTT - we have an election coming up here in Australia - how about getting your butts into gear and give money to reaearch for NEUROBLASTOMA and atleast fund the protocol instead of giving money to the most unnecessary things in life - what is more important - SAVING A CHILD'S LIFE - or giving thousands of money to a SCULPTURE - I am sure you can figure that out. Anyways guys it is good to be back, I am not feeling the best still but I wanted to do my journal because so many people are worried about me, and I thank you all so much for your concerns, even the wonderful people who have their own children going through so much right now - you take the time to worry about me and I appreciate your kind words so very very much. Thank you for all the wonderful messages I receive.

Me with my Wonder Drum Teacher ANDY

See the photo above, that is my wonderul Drum Teacher. His name is ANDY and he is the drummer for the PETE MURRAY band here in Australia - wow I could not believe he wanted to teach me the drums and I can't wait each time my drums lesson day come around. If you get the chance to listen to a PETE MURRAY DVD I am sure you will all want to go out and buy all his DVD's. Andy is teaching me the song BEAUTIFUL - it was funny - he said, OH I think I know that song - I have played it so many times. Thank you ANDY for being my teacher- you are the best teacher ever.

Me with my best mate MICK

Is this a funny photo or what - this is my best mate MICK - YEA I know you are all laughing - we look like the typical AUSSIES - we have to wear those broad brimmed hats because of the heat out here - if we do not have our hats we are not aloud to play out side. We have GREEN - BLUE - or WHITE SHIRTS , I wear a different color each day and we must wear blue pants or shorts. This picture was taken on our FETE we raised lots of money for sports equipment for the school

Jim Carey my fav comedian

While I have been sick - I did get the chance to watch a couple of DVD's whilst I was home - and of course I pick Jim Carey - he is just like me (SILLY AND FUNNY). I watched ACE VENTURA, darsly sat and watched it with me - it was so funny we watched it again and still laughed and laughed. As I always say to all my sick little friends LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE - so grab a funny DVD and get your parent to have a laugh as well - having cancer doesn't mean it always has to be doom and gloom. Jim Carey - Adam Sandler always pick me up when I am not feeling so good.

"CAMP QUALITY"

Why "CAMP QUALITY" is so important to me and thousands of kids battling Cancer. Children are our greatest gift. It takes caring and concerned individuals to shape a better tomorrow. When a child is confronted with a physical illness, peace of mind has a therapeutic effect on the body and the benefits of a CAMP will provide kids with cancer an opportunity to learn new skills and make new friends with other kids all of which strengthen their ability to cope with their illness. I have been on many camps and I don't know what my life would be like without camp quality in it - in my opinion the best things about "CAMP QUALITY" is the wonderful volunteers who make things so much fun - and the worst things about camp is having to come home. SENDING just one child on camp costs a lot of money - caring hearts change the lives of a child living with cancer - PLEASE open your heart and donate to Camp Quality so they can continue to put smiles on the diles of kids like me living with cancer. don't think of giving as a duty - think of giving as a privilege.

JAY

www.jaysjourney.org

Sign my Guestbook

View my Guestbook