JAY'S JOURNEY (NEUROBLASTOMA)

G'DAY MY NAME IS " JAY " I'M 13 YEARS OLD & LIVE IN AUSTRALIA WITH MY DARSLY MUM,DOG SNOWFLAKE & MY MATE PORKA. "I HAVE NEUROBLASTOMA - IT DOSNT HAVE ME" I WANT TO RAISE AWARENESS OF NEUROBLASTOMA SO WE CAN FIND A CURE SO NO OTHER CHILDREN LIKE ME HAVE TO SUFFER I HOPE I CAN INSPIRE EVERYONE TO HELP ME FIND A CURE & SPRED THE WORD ABOUT "NEUROBLASTOMA & ME". STRENGTH - COURAGE - DETERMINATION - HOPE & INSPIRATION CANCER IS NOT KILLING ME - IT IS PUSHING ME TO LIVE.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Jay crashed his bike

Jay's mail bag
P.O. Box 2075
Fountain Gate 3805
Melbourne-Victoria-Australia

G'DAY it's JAY
JAY & MARCOS ABROSE (V8 Supercar driver)
JAY & RUSSEL INGALL (V8 Supercar Driver)
JAY (Go-Kart)
JAY (His fav Car)
JAY (Stupid)

G'DAY it's JAY & DARLSY MUM
*****
THE SURVIVOR MOVIE (Who I am - A true Survivor)
*****
"STEVE IRWIN" 1962 - 2006
4TH SEPT : NEWS FLASH - VERY SAD NEWS IN AUSTRALIA TODAY (THE CROCODILE HUNTER) STEVE IRWIN - DIED TODAY - HE WAS SPEARED IN THE HEART BY A DEADLY STINGRAY - A WONDERFUL AUSTRALIAN - A WONDERFUL MAN GONE - OUR THOUGHTS ARE WITH HIS BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN AND WIFE.
Jay is devistated - we both are and will miss you MATE
JAY CRASHED
***
This is Jay's darsly mum updating you on what the little man did to himself on Monday 28th. Bike crashes are very familiar to me with Jay. Jay dosn't just crash he always seems to crash and burn and damage himself badly. Monday about 5pm he went off riding with his mate Mick at the school, then Mick had to go home and Jay was on his way home but luckily still in the school grounds. He was just riding along when the brakes and steering locked up and a spoke broke and threw him over the handle bars face first into the conrete. Lucky Jay had his helmet on because he bashed his head into the conrete (I dread the thought) of what could have happened if he had not had the helmet on. Jay never does things by halves he smashed himself up pretty bad, blood everywhere and crying but the trooper and determined kid he is he managed somehow to drag the bike home and it is a very heavy bike - instead of calling me on his mobile phone he dragged the bike home which is normally about a 3 minute walk from our house and then a knock at the door, I open the door and there he stands with blood pouring from his chin, a smashed shoulder and a destroyed $500 bike. I put up a photo of Jay with the patch on his chin and you may see the scar on his right eye - well that is from the previous bike crash which landed him unconscious, nearly lost his eye, 17 stitches and nearly brain damage. This time he had 8 stiches in the chin and hopefully the shoulder has no permanent damage BOYS WILL BE BOYS. Jay is very sore and has yet another scar to add to all the rest - but he is alive and I am so happy it was not a car which run him over. I have taken Jays bike back to the place we bought it and told them what happened and they have admitted it is a manufacturing fault - I said OH MY GOD, my son could have been killed - if he was riding on the road and the bile locked up as it did and he flew over the bars as he did, he could have been run over and killed by a car - they were very apologetic and I told them I was not paying for the bike to be repaired. Jay is a tough strong boy and he will bounce back just as he always does.
TUESDAY 29th AUGUST
- Jay was suppose to have his Athletics Carnival today but he had to pull out because of the injuries to his arm and chin, so it was a day at home because he was not feeling well at all. He bashed his head very hard on the ground, even though he had the helmet on it caused him to have servere headache.
WEDNESDAY 30TH AUGUST
Jay is home again today, not feeling the best and feeling a bit sad, sore and upset about his injuries and his bike . I would rather him stay home and recover properly than send him off to school and get teased and bullied by other kids who saw him crash and did not help him, they just stood there and laughed at him. So he is home for the rest of the week because we have a very busy week indeed.
THE REST OF THE WEEK FOR JAY
Well something very EXCITING is instore for Jay on THURSDAY 31st AUGUST in the afternoon, which we will give you a hint and that is why he put up the photo's of the V8 SUPERCAR DRIVERS. Well............OK we will tell. The V8 SUPERCAR DRIVERS INVITED JAY AS SPECIAL VIP GUEST to a special function on Thursday and also invited him as VIP GUEST this weekend to the BIG RACE - YEP the V8 Supercars are in our home town this weekend 1st to the 3rd September and we live just 10 minutes from the track and JAY has been waiting for this weekend fo a year. So you will not be hearing from us from Thursday because JAY will be hanging out with the V8 SUPERCAR DRIVERS ALL WEEKEND - it was good timing, it might cheer Jay up and he will forget about his BIKE CRASH.
23rd to 27th BEFORE THE CRASH
WEDNESDAY 23rd AUGUST
What a day - a tiring day - Jay had bad HEADACHES all night, I had to stay up all night with him, I gave him medicine to ease the pain and finally I got some sleep, but them my ALARM went off at 7am and time to get up for another big day for Jay at school. He had rehearsals all day for CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Also had CROSS COUNTRY training and his legs were aching bad all day .Because he had Cross Country training he missed one of the rehearsals 3.30pm the teachers gave the kids a song they are suppose to learn by 6.30pm. Jay came home and just sang and sang around the house until he new it. 6.15pm I took Jay back to school to perform his first production LIVE. 9.30pm I go to pick Jay up - he said that's one down and two to go
NEWS DAY
- today was the day his friend from the V8 Supercars contacted us and invited Jay and myself to be special VIP guests with all the V8 Supercar drivers on THursday 31st August. Jay is so excited, he gets to meet up with all is V8 Supercar mates and we were also given VIP passes to the big race (so COOL) Jay said. Jay absolutely loves the V8 SUPERCARS in Australia and of course the NASCARS in America - he said to me atleast I get to go to the V8 SUPERCARS because I will never get to go and see a NASCAR race.
THURSDAY 24th AUGUST
UP time after a very late night and another 12 hour day for Jay at school. Tonight is the night I get to see Jay perform and I am looking forward to it. Unfortunately we are not aloud to take photo's because the school they are recording the production and once they have put it together we then have to buy a DVD of the show.
It is time to go and watch the performance and Jay is very excited I am coming along to see him but he is also a bit nervous. The production went for two and a half hours and Jay did a brillian job - what a great reporter he is and he said all his words to perfection. It was another long night and we did not get home until 10.30pm - we were both really hungry and got something to eat and then Jay went off to bed to try and get some good sleep before he has to get up for another 12 hour day.
FRIDAY 25TH AUGUST
Up for school again and another big big day. Jay had more rehearsals and also had Athletics training. NOT A GOOD DAY - Jay was PUNCHED IN THE FACE in the cheek and it was very
swollen and bruised - yep he got puched by that rotter BULLY again - of course I was not happy and stormed into the Principals office (I cannot tell you the words which came out of my mounth but I was mad). Jay came home for a quick dinner then it was back to school for the last performance. It went well but all the kids were totally EXHAUSTED . Jay got through the front door and straight into bed because his legs were hurting a lot, and had been hurting all day, so I gave him some medicine and he fell straight to sleep.
SAT 26th to SUN 27th AUGUST
We just wanted to relax this weekend and do absolutely nothing - and that is exactly what we did NOTHING it was great doing nothing, because the last couple of weekends have been very exhausting and also the week for Jay was exhausting, so we just stayed home and veged out because we have a HUGE week as of Thursday 31st August.
MONDAY 28th AUGUST
Graduation Photo's were taken at school today - all the year 6 students who are graduating at the end of the year - of course JAY looked great and how lucky it was the photo's were today because after school he CRASHED the bike and I am sure the look would not have been as glamorous.
SCHEDULE
THURSDAY 31st AUGUST 10.30AM
We first have to go to the ALFRED HOSPITAL from my CT SCAN of my back - my back the past 2 weeks has been very sore and I still have a numb hip and numb leg so hopefully the scan on Thursday will explain the reason why.
THURSDAY 31st August 5PM
Jay gets to meet all his V8 SUPERCAR mates as special VIP guest of the V8 Supercar Drivers.
FRIDAY 1st SEPTEMBER
Jay and I will be REVING it up at the V8 SUPERCARS all day , Jay is very excited and can't wait.
SATURDAY 2nd SEPTEMBER
Where are we ?? Where else we are still REVING it up at the V8 SUPERCARS.
SUNDAY 3rd SEPTEMBER
Where are we now??? THE V8 SUPERCARS, the big RACE DAY and we wil not be home until late. Also on Sunday it is "Fathers Day" in Australia - that is hard on JAY as he has no father to celebrate it with - so the V8 Supercars is a great distractions and the V8 Drivers are like a family to JAY.
WE WILL SEE YOU
We will see you all sometime next week, and I am sorry you had to put up with Darlsy mums journal today, I am not as good as writing as Jay is. I know Jay will be back next week and will be anxious to tell you all about the V8 SUPERCARS.
PHOTO'S
Jay's displayed photo's today are - of course JAY and his injured chin - his V8 Supercar mates Marcos Ambrose and Russell Ingall - JAY in a go - kart - Jay standing next to his FAV FORD CAR which was sitting outside our house so he said please take a photo - and the one at the bottom - well what can I say - that is JAY being JAY being an IDIOT with stupid glasses on.
JAY'S SAY
Jay would like me to mention a big THANKYOU to the people who take the time to send him SMILE MAIL - it makes a difference it really does. For a child who has no relatives but me his Darlsy mum, it means a lot for him to receive mail from people who care, so a BIG BIG THANK YOU.
JAY'S FRIENDS
Jay also wants me to tell all his FRIENDS out there that he hopes you are all KICKIN BUTT, fighting the fight and staying strong and positive always. He wants you all to NEVER GIVE UP and keep a BIG BIG SMILE ON THE DILE. He will be around to visit you all soon. He also wants me to remind everyone about why Jay is here, and that is because he wants to do all he can to find a cure for NEUROBLASTOMA, with all the STRENGTH - C0URAGE - DETERMINATION - HOPE and INSPIRATION he has which he passes on to everyone else I know he will achieve his goals in life and with the help of al you people out there, please remember just what you are doing when you donate to NEUROBLASTOMA RESEARCH, you are helping to FIND a CURE for this horrible illness so other little one's do not have to suffer the same as JAY and many others.
Please make sure you scroll to the bottom of the page to read previous Journal entries and please don't forget to visit the GUEST BOOK and leave Jay a message, he loves to know you have visited - we have noticed so many people visit but they do not bother to sign - so please take the time to SIGN THE GUEST BOOK - - Thank you.
"JAY"
WWW.JAYSJOURNEY.ORG



Free Users Online Counters