JAY'S JOURNEY (NEUROBLASTOMA)

G'DAY MY NAME IS " JAY " I'M 13 YEARS OLD & LIVE IN AUSTRALIA WITH MY DARSLY MUM,DOG SNOWFLAKE & MY MATE PORKA. "I HAVE NEUROBLASTOMA - IT DOSNT HAVE ME" I WANT TO RAISE AWARENESS OF NEUROBLASTOMA SO WE CAN FIND A CURE SO NO OTHER CHILDREN LIKE ME HAVE TO SUFFER I HOPE I CAN INSPIRE EVERYONE TO HELP ME FIND A CURE & SPRED THE WORD ABOUT "NEUROBLASTOMA & ME". STRENGTH - COURAGE - DETERMINATION - HOPE & INSPIRATION CANCER IS NOT KILLING ME - IT IS PUSHING ME TO LIVE.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Story of JAY & DARLSY


*************************************
G'DAY MATES - ITS ME - JAY

Have a look at me yesterday - if you don't know it is FREEZING here in AUSTRALIA right now and yesterday we had the biggest HALE STORM, it was absolutely freeeeeeeezing standing outside in it, the hale stones were HUGE and they were hitting me like big rocks being thrown at me, you can see them in the picture coming down on me in the backyard.Not only was there big hale stones, there was also Lightening, so I rushed out real quick so DARLSY could take the photo and rushed back inside because of the Lightening bolts.WINTER in AUSTRALIA, very cold, we have Snow on all the Ski Resorts, it is COLD - COLD - COLD. Darlsy mum dosn't like the cold, she rather the real
HOT weather and can't wait for WINTER to be over.




MY SHIRTS






My little friend from Lebanon (KAITLYN) has been fighting so hard for so long to stay alive, unfortunately her little body could not go on anymore and she Earned her little ANGEL WINGS, it is the second tragedy in just a few weeks for the family, they lost their little boy kaitlyns little brother as well, so they are now both together keeping each other safe. Please visit www.caringbridge.org/visit/kaitlyns and leave a message of love to the family, not only have they lost two children but are also living in the WAR ZONE of Lebanon which has been very difficult for them. I have visited Kaitlyn for a very long time and the family have become my friends and always will be.

THE WEEK THAT WAS FOR ME

I did not have the best week, I got many headaches and had a few days off school.I tried to stay at school but the headaches were too bad so I had to come home. We are still trying to get answers to the headaches, but no success yet as to the cause of them. My scan results were good although I still have the spot sitting on my Spine at T-11T12, the results were good for the rest of my body - this spot is dormant meaning it just sits there and we the doctors hope and we hope it will not do anything and just sit there the rest of my life. I have had problems with the bullying again, the same kid who has been bullying me for the past 2 years keeps on bullying me. I was very very scared yesterday when I was riding my scooter around the school grounds this bully boy came up to me and said "DO YOU WANT A PUNCH IN THE FACE" - I don't like any violence or fighting and I said "NO" I don't want a punch in the face, he kept on at me, I tried to run but he got me and he assaulted me, he grabbed me by the throat and was choking me, I could not breath, he pulled my shirt from behind tightly against my throat and I also had by bike helmet of and the straps were choking me. I finally got away and I called Darlsy from my mobile phone. I have marks all around my neck. Darlsy called the police because this kid is real trouble and the police know him well and the family. Last week at school he kicked my in the calf muscle and popped my calf muscle, he nearly broke my leg. When darsly rang the police she said she wants something done about this kid - the police said "We can't do anything - you will have to take it up with the Principal of the school tomorrow" - Darlsy kept saying - this is not a school day, this is the weekend, this is an assault of an innocent child and they would not do anything. Darlsy has fire coming out of her head, she is in so much pain with her back but this morning she got up, got dressed and stormed down to the school and cornered the Principal, she said to him, I am not leaving until something is done about this kid - she was so angry. I don't like this kid and he scares me a lot, I told darlsy to get a restraining order on him to leave me alone. I will let you know what happens as Darlsy said to the Principal I will be back at 3-15pm to make sure you have done something. This boy could have had a knife (he didn't) but if he did he could have really hurt me bad. About Darlsy, she is going along OK - if anyone tries to hurt me she dosn't care how sick she feels she will stick up for me. She is still in a lot of pain but she is walking a bit better. I can't wait until she can drive, it has been very boring just being at home and not being able to go anywhere, hopefully she will be aloud to drive soon and she can take me somewhere. She got the staples out of her back (OUCH) that hurt to get them out, but she said it felt a lot better having them out, she justs wants the pain to go away. The V8 SUPERCARS are on, I watched them on the weekend, my MATE RUSSELL INGALL he went ok, my other MATE MARCUS AMBROSE he is driving NASCAR now but he stays intouch which is great. Russell is great, and I can't wait for the next RACE because I get to go and see all my V8 MATES and hang out with them all again.

STORY OF DARSLY AND MY LIFE

I wanted to tell you a story about what our life has been like, for those who don't know, it has been a pretty hard life. Because all my journal stuff from my old sites can't go on here, my story from the beginning has not really been told. Having to change sites because of my sites being sabotaged I have had to start all over and still this site is not complete and I am sorry about that. My journey has been just that - a real journey, from young to the age I am today and darlsy's life before I was born was not easy. Before I was born Darlsy lost a lot of family members to illness, than I was born, Darlsy wanted so much for me and had it planned I would have a great life - well - that changed and so did our life forever. My darsly's father (my PA) he was a healthy man, nothing ever wrong with him, until one day he complained about a pain in his arm. Darlsy and the doctors though it was a pulled muscle - how wrong was everyone. My PA was very sick, he was diagnosed with MESOTHELIOMA (asbestos poisoning) CANCER, the doctors gave him 6 months to live. It was hard, my darsly had to give up her work and we moved up to the farm where my pa and nanna lived to take care of PA. Darlsy gave up everything to keep her father alive. He was getting sicker and there was nothing anyone could do but watch him die (it was horrible). My PA he died 6 months to the day age 62 years old, it was really hard on Darlsy because she loved him so much. Then there was NANNA, my darsly mums mother. She also was very fit, she played golf and loved playing bowls. My darlsy mum received a phone call from her mother one day saying she had just won the golf tournament, darlsy was so thrilled for her. About 30 minutes after that phone call another call from NANNA'S neighbour saying Nanna was really sick and she had to take her to the hospital. We live 3 hours drive from Nanna, by the time we got to the Hospital Nanna had only 10% kidney function, within 10 minutes she had total kidney failure. This was a very hard time, Nanna had to be put on dialysis machine to keep her alive. Nanna was in the country and we lived in the city 3 hours away, it was hard to drive each day to see her so Darsly wanted to try and get her transferred to Melbourne to take care of her (this was a hard task). Not long after Nanna was diagnosed with Kidney failure, I started to become sick, not knowing what was wrong with me, doctors kept telling darsly there was nothing wrong with me and this went on and on for nearly 10 months until finally I was diagnosed with NEUROBLASTOMA. SO - the real difficult struggles started. I was terminally ill and so was my Nanna, they would not allow my darsly to take care of Nanna because they said she could not take care of TWO Terminally ill people. Well DARSLY proved them wrong, she finally got Nanna transferred down to live with us. Nanna and I were in the same hospital, I was in the CANCER WARD and Nanna was in the RENAL UNIT. Darlsy gave up her life to take care of not only 1 not only 2 but three terminally ill people - ME - PA and NANNA. I was very sick, Nanna was getting sicker, chemotherapy and many other things for me, and dialysis each day for nanna meaning hospital was our home. Nanna had other things (Scleroderma) which is a dust related illness and was caused by washing my PA's clothes - my PA worked in the building industry and asbestos was in the clothes so my PA and NANNA were living with a killer inside them for many years. Darlsy was getting very tired, it was hard for her, not being able to work and just struggling not only to keep me and nanna alive but to keep up with bills but she always kept going and was determined to keep fighting for us. Nanna could not go on anymore, Darlsy and I put her to bed one night, each morning I would always go and wake Nanna up. Not thinking Darlsy said go wake NANNA up Jay. I went into Nanna's room, I shook her to wake up, she didn't wake up. Nanna died, so now I don't have any family but my darlsy and only darsly to keep fighting for me and she did, darlsy was not going to let me die, she had already lost her mother and father and she said NO WAY was my son going to die as well. My story is very long, this is just a short version, but our life has not been the best, it has been very difficult and now darsly is not well and not working, but she is determined to keep going and keep fighting for me. Darlsy is all I have as a family, we stick together and we get each other through all the bad times. We wish something good would happen, we have had to much tragedy, not many good times and I wish one day our life will change and things will get better, I really wish that for Darlsy. I wanted to write lots more, but our story our JOURNEY is a life time, and the Journey still goes on. I am ok but I am by no means free of Cancer, Cancer will always be a part of my life, I just try to get on with my life the best way I know how and that is to treasure every day, keep a smile on my dile, love my darlsy each and every day and be a kid and do everything kids should do. We have had so much pain in our life but we are still here and we will continue to soldier on.So what I would like you all to do is to think (did you have a bad day today) was it just a tiny thing that made it a bad day - was it just an insignificant thing - take a look at those who go through what we do - we have had many a bad day but we still have that STRENGTH-COURAGE-DETERMINATION-HOPE AND INSPIRATION to keep going, to keep fighting and never complaining. So I guess what I am getting at is - Dalrsy and I have never had a great life it has always been a struggle, Dalrsy has givien up so much not only for me, but for PA and NANNA, but she never complains, so just remember no matter how tough things get there is always someone worse off than you.

MY POEM TO ALL MY WONDERFUL FRIENDS: Smiling is infectious - you catch it like the fluWhen someone smiled at me today - I started smiling too. I passed around the corner - someone saw me and they Grinned. When he smiled I realized something - I had passed it on to him. I thought about the smile - and I realized it's worth. A simple smile just like mine - Could travel around the EARTH. So, if you feel a SMILE begin - don't leave it undetected. Lets start an epidemic QUICK - and get the entire WORLD INFECTED.............(JAY)


Below a link to what I believe I am (A True Survivor) THE SURVIVOR MOVIE (Who I am - A true Survivor)

I tried to put something I made onto my journal but for some reason it is not working - hopefully I can figure it out for my next journal.

A big hello to all my little sick friends, I have been getting around to visit but have not got to all of you this week. I think of you all every single day and hope you are all kickin cancers butt. To my friends with other illness I hope you have a better day today.

PAIN IS TEMPORARY - QUITTING IS FOREVER so lets keep fighting, keep tough, keep smiling and Never GIVE UP.