JAY'S JOURNEY (NEUROBLASTOMA)

G'DAY MY NAME IS " JAY " I'M 13 YEARS OLD & LIVE IN AUSTRALIA WITH MY DARSLY MUM,DOG SNOWFLAKE & MY MATE PORKA. "I HAVE NEUROBLASTOMA - IT DOSNT HAVE ME" I WANT TO RAISE AWARENESS OF NEUROBLASTOMA SO WE CAN FIND A CURE SO NO OTHER CHILDREN LIKE ME HAVE TO SUFFER I HOPE I CAN INSPIRE EVERYONE TO HELP ME FIND A CURE & SPRED THE WORD ABOUT "NEUROBLASTOMA & ME". STRENGTH - COURAGE - DETERMINATION - HOPE & INSPIRATION CANCER IS NOT KILLING ME - IT IS PUSHING ME TO LIVE.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Medical Schedule for MIBG

JAY'S (Smile Mail)
P.O. Box 2075
Fountain Gate 3805
Melbourne - Victoria - Australia




G'DAY MY FRIENDS.

I hope you have all been well since I saw you all last, and I wanted to say thank you so much for all coming to visit me, it means a lot to me knowing that you all care.

MEDICAL SCHEDULE FOR ME:
On Tuesday 20th June is my MIGB SCAN but before it is done this is what I have to do

On Saturday 17th/ Sunday 18th and Monday 19th I have to take this Solution 2x per day, I will explain it to you, it goes into orange juice so I can't taste it at all.

LUGO'S SOLUTION (Aqueous Iodine Solution BP)
This is a transparent brown liquid consisting of 10% part potassium iodide (k1) to 5% part iodine to 85% part of distilled water.

This is used as a CELL STAIN, making the CELL NUCLEI more visible, so basically when I have the MIBG SCAN what should not be there will show up brighter than anything else.

Tuesday 20th: Monash Medical Centre 10.30am given special injection, then I have to wait most the day and then at 4pm I am given one of the MIBG SCANS.

Wednesday 21st: Monash Medical Centre 8.30 am given more special stuff and more scans.

Thursday 22nd: Monash Medical Centre 8.30am given more special stuff and more scans.

Friday 22nd: Monash Medical Centre 8.30 am given more special stuff and the last of the scans (yippppppeeeeeeee).

Tuesday 27th: Monash Medical Centre to see my wonderful Oncology Doctor - Peter who will talk about my MIGB Scan results and also about my continual headaches. My Oncology Doctor is the best and he has watched me grow from the dying boy he diagnosed to the boy I am today and it is because of Peter I am alive today and we are hoping the MIBG SCANS will be wonderful results.

(I have a time bomb inside me) well that is how I explain it - it has to stay there - it sits on T-11 - T12 of my spine - it is inoperable. I am having this MIBG because I have to - not because I want to - I am monitered very closely, because we don't want the NEUROBLASTOMA monster to escape. I call it a time bomb because it is unpredictable - it could sit there and not explode - or it could. Hopefully and I am positive it will sit there until I am 99. So let's see - I have to wait until the 27th the find out (I am positive-strong-and I beleive all will be ok)



MEDICAL SCHEDULE FOR DARLSY MUM
Darlsy mum is in a lot of pain, and her surgery was cancelled for the second time (yes she is angry about that) and the excuse they made was unacceptable but there is nothing we can do about it. We do not have the new date yet for darlsy's surgery, but they are saying THURSDAY 29TH JUNE. I am trying real hard to take care of darlsy mum, as she also takes care of me, darlsy's is in 24/7 pain and it is difficult. We are on our own, it is just darlsy and me, I have my medical issues and darlsy has hers so it is hard for us but we try to take care of each other as we always have. Dalsy mum is having a very dangerous Spinal operation, it is a SPINAL FUSION but one which is not performed very often, she is having L4-5 S1 Fusion, so it is major and dangerous and I have to take care of darlsy after the operation.

MY PHOTO'S TODAY
The photo's I have up today are to say a big thankyou to my very special wonderful friend STACY. I received a gift in the mail from Stacy and WOW when I opened it, Stacy had sent me this JEFF GORDON test car and she also sent me the pass and the program from the Phoenix raceway the NASCAR race in April and all these COOL PHOTO'S she took. Stacy and I like the same things, although she is older she is like an Aunty to me and such a great friend. Stacy and I we are alike in so many ways. We both fight cancer (she has a different one from me) we both like NASCAR and PLANES and we are friends forever. I would love you all to visit my friend Stacy so just click this link: STACY DVORAK

MY POEM TO ALL MY WONDERFUL FRIENDS:
Smiling is infectious - you catch it like the flu
When someone smiled at me today - I started smiling too.
I passed around the corner - someone saw me and they Grinned.
When he smiled I realized something - I had passed it on to him.
I thought about the smile - and I realized it's worth.
A simple smile just like mine - Could travel around the EARTH.
So, if you feel a SMILE begin - don't leave it undetected.
Lets start an epidemic QUICK - and get the entire WORLD INFECTED.............(JAY)


SOME FRIENDS I WOULD LIKE YOU TO VISIT:
JOSEPH THOMPSON (NB)
BRIANSPAGE (all/jmml)
DALTON CAUSEY (Burkittls)
PRINCESS MIA
PRESTON (NB)

PLEASE ALSO REMEMBER AND VISIT MY ANGEL FRIENDS:
RYAN CONNOLLY (NB Angel)
KADIN
sweet NAVADA (NB)
EMILY (NB)




I Always had the following up on my old site - so please take the time to visit just click:

THE SURVIVOR MOVIE (Who I am - A true Survivor)



Thank you everyone, I have so many little sick friends, I just cant' mention them all at once. But each time I do a journal I will always mention someone.
Well I must go, please remember just because you are diagnosed with an illness dosn't mean you can't do things - it is a challenge given to us all and if we all give up then what is the point of the challenge. We may be sick, but we are not useless, we maybe sick but we are still able to do things, don't let anyone tell you that you can't do something, You CAN, you just have to be a bit stronger and a bit more tougher than you would be if you didn't have the illness. I can ride my bike because I CAN, I can walk my dog because I CAN, I can run and play because I CAN, just because we have an illness we should not be placed in the catagory of we can't do anything. CANcer spells CAN - we CAN do anything.
Anyway , I must go now, gotta go have some of that solution stuff, you all make sure you have a SMILE ON YOUR DILE (face) always, give some one a hug and tell them you love them each and everyday, by for now mates. BIG KOALA HUGS TO EVERYONE.


ADDED NOTE:
This is Jay's darlsy mum, I added this bit on, Jay did not know, but I wanted to tell you that Jay play's the tough guy, and yes he really is, but I know he is very scared and worried about having his MIBG SCAN next week , he wont tell you he is worried, but I know he is . This is also all of his school holidays taken up, so while all his mates are out doing great things for the holidays, Jay spends it at the hospital. This wonderful little boy of mine will never admit the fears he has but beleive me he has them. In my life I have never had a broken bone, never had any surgery in my life, but to see my boy who has been on this earth only 11 years - to see the SCARS which envelope his little body is just mind blowing - each time JAY takes off his shirt - the scars just stare at you, they keep reminding me of the most horrible times. Jay would never tell you this, but he will not take his shirt off in front of anyone, if he has to take off his shirt he goes and hides in the bedroom to do it , in summer he will not just wear bathers, he has to wear a shirt. I have told Jay he should be very proud of his scars (they are beautiful) just like him. I suppose he will grow to love them (I hope so). His little body is a battle field of SCARS, not just little ones but big ones which go around his entire body, down his back, across his neck and across his chest and one which is not related to cancer journey is the one on his right eye when he decided to go head first into the letter box. Anyway, as much as this little guy is an inspiration, and he gives lots of hope to others, he also is still going through his cancer journey and needs prayers and encouragement , so if you could all give him a little bit of encouragement it would be appreciated. Thank you.

GO THE "AUSSIES"
"Geoff Ogilvy" WON the "US GOLF OPEN"


BEFORE YOU LEAVE - PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO SIGN THE GUESTBOOK



JAY LOVES TO KNOW YOU HAVE VISITED & LOVES TO READ YOUR MESSAGES