JAY'S JOURNEY (NEUROBLASTOMA)

G'DAY MY NAME IS " JAY " I'M 13 YEARS OLD & LIVE IN AUSTRALIA WITH MY DARSLY MUM,DOG SNOWFLAKE & MY MATE PORKA. "I HAVE NEUROBLASTOMA - IT DOSNT HAVE ME" I WANT TO RAISE AWARENESS OF NEUROBLASTOMA SO WE CAN FIND A CURE SO NO OTHER CHILDREN LIKE ME HAVE TO SUFFER I HOPE I CAN INSPIRE EVERYONE TO HELP ME FIND A CURE & SPRED THE WORD ABOUT "NEUROBLASTOMA & ME". STRENGTH - COURAGE - DETERMINATION - HOPE & INSPIRATION CANCER IS NOT KILLING ME - IT IS PUSHING ME TO LIVE.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Jay & Darlsy Adventure Weekend

********

G'DAY my mates it's JAY

JAY'S (Smile Mail)

P.O. BOX 2075

Fountain Gate 3805

Melbourne - Victoria - Australia

**********

Bone Marrow transplants are a very important to kids like me with cancer - if you ever thought of bone marrow donation here is the link to the Australian Bone Marrow Registry; Australian Bone Marrow Donor Registry

**********

PLEASE take a moment to look at the movie of who I am - I am a TRUE SURVIVOR: The Survivor Movie

**********


******************

WEDNESDAY 16th a little update from Darlsy mum: Our phone rang this morning at 8.30am, I picked it up and it was a caring friend from America, I was so shocked but so thrilled that a person we have never met took the time to call Jay and myself to see how we were - thank you Siobhan for the wonderful conversation and Jay was so excited to talk to you. Thank you for taking the time to care it really mean a lot to us.

**********

I HAVE A SECRET: It is my darsly mum's Birthday on the 29th September and I am hoping to do something nice for her because she never celebrates her birthday and never does anything for herself.( I better not tell how old she is).


OUR HEALTH: Thank you so much for caring - we are feeling a bit better than what we were, but not back to full health yet - both of us still have this bad cough which will not go away and it is very annoying. We are a lot better this week and were able to venture out even though darsly mum was still sick and her back was bad. I have had a bad headaches since Thursday, a couple of bad one's whilst I was at school, but I lay down in the sick bay for while and then was able to go back and do my work. Friday night I had a real severe headache after school and I came home and lay down in bed and darsly gave me some medicine. I don't know now when I will get to see a Neurologist darsly is working on that. Darsly still has to wait until 31st August to have her CT SCAN, so as usual it is the waiting game. So this Bronchitis is still lingering around us, just as we think we feel ok, it attacks again. Although we were not 100% we wanted to go have a good weekend.Today which is Tuesday (down under) I had pain in my chest at school - it was not a stitch, it was pain in the left side of my chest and I got the pain again when I was walking home from school - I told darsly as soon as I got in the front door (I don't know why I have it).

THANK YOU : Thank you to all our wonderful friends - the past few months have been really difficult with darsly having spinal surgery and me being sick and it is really difficult for darsly trying hard to do everything for me. We don't have much but we have each other and that is what gets us through and the caring support we have from people we have never met.

JAY AND DARSLY'S ADVENTURE WEEKEND: (SATURDAY 12th AUGUST) - Darlsy always keeps her promises, and she promised we would do something this weekend and we did (we were not feeling 100% but we could not stand another weekend in doors and it was going to be a beautiful Sunny Winters Weekend, one to make the most of. It may not be exciting to others but it was exciting and fun for me and I got to finally spend a great time with my darsly mum instead of being stuck at home being sick and looking after darlsy or darsly looking after me. We live right at the BOTTOM of AUSTRALIA on the right side of the map near a Bay which is called PORT PHILLIP BAY - well we drove down the Coast as far as you can go to PORTSEA this is where you see DOLPHINS and SEALS playing in the water and we saw lots of them, they were floating in the water getting the sun on themselves. I ran along the beach and climbed through rocks - even though Darsly mums back was hurting, she still walked with me (see the photo's) we got a person walking by to take them for us. The one of Darsly and me with open rock face hole with water coming in was scary, the water was coming in real quick and hearly swept us off the rocks. I love to walk on the beach, I was playing cat and mouse with the waves and one got me and I got real wet, the water was freezing but it was beautiful day and the sun was shining. We were getting real hungry so we got some FISH N CHIPS and we sat at PortSea right on the waters edge and ate them, as I was eating my chips a little baby magpie came down from the tree and landed on the table and he ate right out of my hand - I have a photo of it but can't get it up on the page. We had a wonder day darsly and me driving along the coast stopping at different beaches, but it was getting late so it was time to drive home and we arrived home about 6pm. (SUNDAY 13th AUGUST) - I did not know darsly was going to take me somewhere today - but she did. Darsly would not tell me where we were going - we headed out at 10am and drove 45-50 minutes into the YARRA VALLEY which is WINE country where all the Australian wines are made, but that's not where we are going, up and down hills, winding roads we made it to a place a little country town called HEALSVILLE (I said "I know where we are going") .We arrived at the HEALSVILLE SANCTUARY - it is like a Zoo but a place where the animals are all Australian and they all rome free - I have never been here before and have always wanted to go. We saw every single AUSTRALIAN animal - KOALA'S - WOMBAT'S - EMU - BOOMERS (KANGAROO) - WALLABY - BIRDS OF PREY - ECHIDNA'S - PLATYPUS - and lots more and we got to see the Birds of Prey display where the keeper comes out and shows you what they can do - he came out with a HUGE WEDGE TAIL EAGLE and an owl and they do lots of cool stuff - they fly over the top of your head and they catch food. It was a big place and we walked all over, I wanted to see the ECHIDNA'S and they were out roaming around, there was a little baby one with it's mother and father and darsly took a photo (I love Echidna's). Then as you can see by the photo's I patted a WALLABY, yep that is a little Wallaby not a Kangaroo, he just came up to me and licked my finger, they are so friendly. And the SNAKE, how cool is that, I was so lucky, the keeper put the PYTHON around my neck, he was so soft and gentle. We then walked on to where the WOMBATS were and this BIG FAT WOMBAT loved getting his back rubbed, I scratched his back and he kept coming back for more. Then we walked on to the big animal hospital, they have at the Santuary for the sick animals and they were performing an operation on a MONITOR LIZARD, you could view it all, they have a viewing area where you can watch everything they do, it is a beautiful hospital and in there were two little ECHIDNA'S which had been run over and some baby KANGAROO. We were getting hungry so we got some luch - I had BIG FAT WOMBAT (which is nuggets and chips), darsly wanted scones and cream. It was such a great day, we had seen all the animals, I got a souvenier, darlsy bought me an ECHIDNA (not a real one - I wish) then it was time to start heading home. Darsly and I had a great weekend together, that is the first time we have been able to go anywhere since well before darsly had her spinal surgery, although darsly was still sick and had lots of pain in her back she still took me out to have a fun weekend. THANK YOU DARSLY MUM - I LOVE YOU. We arrived back home about 5.30pm and we were both very tired it had been a very long busy weekend involving lots of driving which I know was hard on darsly's back. We got in the front door, had some dinner and then relaxed and watched CROCODILE DUNDEE 1 and 2, then it was time for bed and sleep. I want to put up some more photo's of our weekend, I will do that during the week, I hope you enjoy the photo's of darsly and me which I put up today. If you would like to visit the places Darsly and I did on the weekend just click these following links : HEALESVILLE SANCTUARY (Melbourne) or WALK ABOUT - PORTSEA these are the magnificent places we went to. PortSea is for the RICH, oh yes, only the multi millionaires are able to live there, some of the places are HUGE and some very famous Australians live there.

**************

LIVE LIFE: Life is for Living, no matter if you are sick, disabled, or have no illness at all - LIFE IS FOR LIVING and you should LIVE EACH DAY TO THE FULL - as darsly and I were walking along the beach there were a group of mentally disabled older kids - there disability did not matter - they were living their life - they were having fun throwing a ball, playing in the sand, their disability was something just others saw but it is not a handicap, they can do anything they want to - just as anyone can - just as I can that is what LIFE is all about - I may have had to fight hard for my life, but I am alive, I am here and my illness will never bring me down, it will never take away me wanting to be a kid and living life to the full. Sometimes yes it is hard - to other parents, you watch your child going through the difficult times of treatment but it dosn't mean they have to miss out on living life - make the most of what you CAN do, don't um and ha about what you might be able to do, don't be a GUNNA, gunna do it one day - that day my never come - DO IT TODAY, each day is worth living, each day is a memory, each day is to be treasured. Just what darsly and I did on the weekend was the BEST, we did it together on our own, I had fun and I was FREE and ALIVE and the past few hard weeks were just left behind. So please, don't just say your GUNNA do it one day - DO IT TODAY. I might only just have my darsly mum, the only family I have but we love each other, we take care of each other and we do everything together, it might not be much but we do it together and we treasure every moment. The SIMPLE things in life are FREE and that is what darsly and I did on the weekend, it cost us nothing to walk along the beach, it costs nothing to give a HUG, it costs nothing to tell someone you LOVE THEM, it is all free so give it a go TODAY.

****************
PAIN IS TEMPORARY - QUITTING IS FOR EVER and that is something I will never do - I will never QUIT - NEVER GIVE UP on anything because I beleive not matter what obsticles are in the way I have the Strength - Courage - Determination- Hope and Inspiration to over come anything thrown at me - I believe in always being positive - stay strong and FIGHT LIKE HELL.



***************
WHAT'S HAPPENING AT SCHOOL
: I am doing great with my INVENTION project - I invented a new Stethoscope and it is just in the process of being made- darsly is helping me make it - it is a proto type because there is no way I will be able to get it to work unless I had an expert help me - so as soon as I finish my stethoscope I will show you. Also I have one more week left and I have to perform CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY - I know all my lines, I am the reporter and I get to wear a suit (so cool) I never wear a suit. Darlsy is coming to see me perform on the night of 24th August - I think I will be a bit nervous but I will not let down my mates. We have school holidays coming up but that is not until 15th September and that's when I get to go on CAMP QUALITY can't wait. So this is nearly the end of third term, and then one term to go and that goes until 22nd December and I graduate from Primary School. The Bully at school, the one who always picks on me and kicks me and calls me bad things and makes fun of me, and the one who nearly choked me well he got suspended, he is not aloud at the school anymore but problem is he lives around the corner from me and he always threatens me - I lost my mobile phone so I am not aloud to go riding my bike around on my own until darsly get's me a new phone - well I think I lost it because we can't find it anywhere, I think it fell off my pants when I was riding my bike.

***************
MY SPECIAL FRIEND
: I would like you to go and visit my Special Friend, but just before you do - think to yourself (what did you winge about today which was so petty), did you have a bad day? - well my little friend she has so many obstacles in life but she never winges and she always has a smile - so please visit my friend PATTY KIMBRO you will fall in love with her, she is a big 8 years old, but she is so very tiny and loves life.

**********

PLEASE VISIT MY (NEUROBLASTOMA) FRIENDS:

RYAN MALARKEY (NB) - ADI VARGA (NB) - WESTIN DIETZ (NB) - JOSEPH THOMPSON (NB) -

**********

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO SIGN MY GUEST BOOK - LOTS OF PEOPLE VISIT BUT THEY LEAVE BEFORE SIGNING - I LOVE TO READ YOUR MESSAGES AND KNOW THAT YOU HAVE STOPPED BY.

Please scroll to the bottom of page to view previous Journal Entries - on the right hand side of the page.

**********