JAY'S JOURNEY (NEUROBLASTOMA)

G'DAY MY NAME IS " JAY " I'M 13 YEARS OLD & LIVE IN AUSTRALIA WITH MY DARSLY MUM,DOG SNOWFLAKE & MY MATE PORKA. "I HAVE NEUROBLASTOMA - IT DOSNT HAVE ME" I WANT TO RAISE AWARENESS OF NEUROBLASTOMA SO WE CAN FIND A CURE SO NO OTHER CHILDREN LIKE ME HAVE TO SUFFER I HOPE I CAN INSPIRE EVERYONE TO HELP ME FIND A CURE & SPRED THE WORD ABOUT "NEUROBLASTOMA & ME". STRENGTH - COURAGE - DETERMINATION - HOPE & INSPIRATION CANCER IS NOT KILLING ME - IT IS PUSHING ME TO LIVE.

Friday, July 28, 2006

DETERMINATION and INSPIRATION (Saturday 29th July 2006)


JAY'S (Smile Mail)
P.O. Box 2075
Fountain Gate 3805
Melbourne - Victoria - Australia













G'DAY to all our wonderful friends from around the World

UPDATE ON JAY:

Monday 31st July: - Jay had a a very bad night - very sick little boy. I will try to do a proper update later this afternoon but may not be able to.

Sunday 30th July: (7am) - He is worse today - very sick - I have not seen him this sick in a long time.

Sunday 30th July: (10am) Jay was sent to the EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT of the Hospital where he is. I will update you after we are out of the hospital - hopefully Monday!

Saturday 29th July in the Land Down Under

This is Darlsy mum today. Yes it is usually my wonderful little man Jay doing the journal but Jay has been very sick for the past two days and is very sick today - I will tell you about that soon.

First I would like to explain the ABOVE PHOTO'S to you - as we are having problems getting photo's put into Jay's photo gallery I have to put them up on the Journal, I have millions of photo's of Jay and the Journey he has been on his entire life but so hard to show them all.

What a wonderful Inspirational little boy I have and the photo's above show you just how DETERMINED Jay is. You will remember earlier in the year 2006 Jay competed in a TRYATHLON, although he was not that well on the day, he sure was determined to finish by doing a SWIM - RUN and CYCLE. This day was a very HOT day here in Australia, not a cloud in the sky, the water was flat as a pancake (you could not get it any flatter), not a breath of wind, just the sun boring down and burning the skin. This morning we woke at 5am (I had already packed the car the night before) with Jay's bike and swim gear and runners. We headed off to MELBOURNE (beautiful Melbourne voted the best city in Australia). WOW what a scene when we got there, 3000 others competing in this TRYATHLON. I am very proud of Jay what ever he does, but I was so very proud of him on this day. Knowing the obstacles he has had to endure all his life and then to come out and tackle this TRYATHLON really showed me what a big heart he has with GUTS - STRENGTH - DETERMINATION and heaps of COURAGE. The biggest obstacle for Jay in this Tryathlon was the SWIM - Jay had not had the chance to have many swim lessons because of his illness so I was a little scared and hoping he would be able to have the strength to push himself through the swim leg. The trooper he is - he bounded into the water, he swam his little heart out - it got to the deepest part and I saw him struggling a bit (there were lifesavers) watching all the kids, but I could see him really struggling, but all of a sudded he found some energy to get over it and he swam that swim leg like he had a million swim lessons. He ran out of the water with the biggest SMILE on his face because he new he had achieved a milestone, he got over the fear of the swim leg and he did it. Then it was onto the BIKE leg, the people I talked to who was watching Jay said he powered down the road on that bike - he was going 100 miles an hour (lol), those little legs did not want to stop, I think the adrenalin set in and he was not going to stop. He jumped off that bike, and like a gazelle he powered into the RUN leg, those legs of his has so much strength in them (if you take a look at the RUN PHOTO -( take a look at the QUAD MUSCLE) it is really working hard. Jay ran up the last part of the run leg - NO - he sprinted up the last part of the run leg, just look at his face, the determination on his face - he NEVER GIVES UP - he went over that line and I was so very proud of him. I could not wait to share these photo's with you all - I have only just received them that is why it has taken so long to show you anything from the TRYATHLON. I just cried when I saw the photo's, they just tell a real story, a story of a boy who has had to fight hard all his life from a terminal illness, a monster NEUROBLASTOMA, but show's what you can achieve if you put your mind to it. Jay's saying is to NEVER GIVE UP because giving up is NOT AN OPTION, he believes he can achieve anything in life even when times are tough. I wanted to add the little photo of Jay when he was smaller because that photo also has a lot of meaning to me - a little boy who always has a smile on the dile (face) no matter what - through illness - pain - tragedy he always has a smile - this little photo shows how far Jay has come - from this little boy having to fight everyday to stay alive to the same boy but bigger still fighting each day but always enjoying his life to the full no matter what obstacles are put in front of him. As Jay's mother, I am so very proud of him, he has such strength, I am not sure where he gets it from although I do know he is very much life his stubborn late PA. Jay is an inspiration not only to me but I know he is an inspiration to a lot of people. All Jay wants is to show that even though you have an illness, even though times get tough that you feel like you don't wont to go on anymore, even though there are good day's and bad days' you must still live your life to the full and never complain and to treasure each day each moment each minute because you never know what the next day will bring.

I would like to thank all our friends who have sent me lots of wishes to get better, to be honest I have never had so many people care about me and Jay before in our life and it means a lot to me. I am actually feeling human again, still in a bit of pain, and unable to do many things, but I have been making sure I get up and go for a walk each day which is helping in my recovery. Sorry if we scared you all with my SCAR - but that is reality, that is what it looks like (I now have the staples out) what a relief to get them out (IT HURT) but it was a huge difference not having them there. I go to see my surgeon on Thursday 3rd August and I will then find out what I can and can't do, but I am like JAY, no such thing as can't - it spells CAN, and I can do anything. I am even going to drive next week even though the doctor say's I can't drive for another 2 weeks - BLAAAAA - I don't wont to be stuck in the house any longer. The pain is getting better, but very difficult at night, and if I stand for too long and even sitting too long the pain kicks in, but with all your support I will bounce back just as Jay will aswell. WE LOVE YOU ALL.

ABOUT JAY (Not Well)

On Thursday 27th Jay went off to School, that night he started to (BARK LIKE A DOG) meaning coughing quite badly. Friday morning he woke and was still coughing, but stubborn as he is, he wanted to go to School. No phone call at all from the School which I thought was fantastic and thought that he was ok. The little trooper endured the entire day at school feeling very sick, but did not tell anyone. He stumbled in the door at 3-15 after school (well fell in through the doo) and he said "DARLSY" "I am feeling so sick - my throat is so sore" and he was barking like a dog (coughing) even worse than in the morning. He was miserable and wanted to go to bed, NOW Jay is not one for giving in easily and he must be very sick for him to want to go to Bed. I got some medicine into him, his temperature was elevated and he had a very bad headache and I also new he was very sick because his face was very puffy - whenever Jay gets sick his face puffs up. I am concerned but wanted to give him the chance to have a lay down and rest and just monitor him. Friday night was not a good night (NO SLEEP) at all, Jay was up vomiting all night. It was difficult for me, as I am still recovering from my SPINAL operation and not aloud to bend down (I can't anyway). Jay was vomiting everywhere not only in his bed but as I got him to go to the bathroom to give him a shower he vomited all over the carpet (and mind you this is 2am in the morning), so here I am an invalid who needs help but is doing my best to take care of Jay. Finally got Jay into the shower and he sat at the bottom of the shower with the shower hose running on him - he didn't want to move. I got him out of the shower and dried him and put him back into bed with a BUCKET beside him. He continued to cough badly throughout the early morning and then at 4am started vomiting again along with a very high temperature - this went on all morning so not one bit of sleep was had by either of us. I had to wait until 9am to call the doctor as they don't open until 9am and could not get an appointment for Jay until 10-45am (I don't really like GP's) they don't really get down to the problem they just give some medicine and send you on your way, but hopefully I can get on top of what he has before it gets worse. Having lived our lives around doctors, I know who to trust and who not to trust and who to believe and who not to - I don't have much faith in the normal GP because they are the one's who continually told me for 10 months plus that nothing was wrong with Jay and in the end he had NEUROBLASTOMA - so I am reluctant to go to a GP but this morning really had no option because I am not aloud to drive and had to rely on a neighbor to take us just down the road to the GP. Concerned about the cough which we don't want it to turn into pneumonia or bronchitis or something worse the doctor gave him some medicine to take just for 2 days only and then he has to go back on Monday. Of course the doctor did all the normal listening to his chest - looking in ears and throat. The trouble with Jay is that when he gets sick, he really gets sick and he goes down very quickly, I wanted to pounce on whatever he has very quickly because I know he can get sicker. Went to the Chemist to get Jay's medicine and then took him straight home to bed (oh) first I had to try and get some food into him, because he can't take the medicine unless he has some food. I eventually got a little something into him and then the medicine (hope he doesn't throw it all back up)(lol), and off to bed for the rest of the day. I will continue to monitor him for the rest of the day, but he is not well right now and I don't see him improving much throughout the day at all. It is now 2pm on Saturday afternoon here in Australia and he is sleeping and has not moved.

DONT FORGET TO TURN UP THE VOLUME ON MY WEBSITE - THE WELCOME PAGE AND THE JAY'S FAV PAGE.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

ABOUT MY SHIRTS (US DOLLARS ARE INCLUDED)


ADULT T-SHIRTS size S M L XL XXL XXXL:
USA dollars $18-00 Australian dollars $20.00


KIDS T-SHIRTS size 8 - 10 - 12 :
USA dollars $13-00 Australian dollars $15.00


WRISTBANDS :
USA dollars $4-00 Australian dollars $5-00


PLUS POSTAGE:
USA dollars $5-00 Australian dollars $6-70


Cheque/Money order payable to "JAY BULL"including postage along with your name address and order to: P.O. BOX 2075 FOUNTAIN GATE 3805 MELBOURNE-VICTORIA-AUSTRALIA

--------------------------------------------------------------------

To All JAY'S wonder friends and supporters - I thank you so very much for caring for Jay, your words to him mean so much so please don't forget while you are looking at his website please don't forget to sign his GUEST BOOK, just a message to say G'DAY is enough, he just want's to know you have taken the time to stop by and say Hi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Free Users Online Counters