Jay sick in hospital

JAY'S (SMILE MAIL)
P.O. BOX 2075 FOUNTAIN GATE 3805
MELBOURNE - VICTORIA - AUSTRALIA
***************
G'DAY to all JAY'S Supporters
UPDATE: THURSDAY 3rd AUGUST:It has been a very long day at the Alfred hospital - I will do a proper jouranal update for you FRIDAY 4th August (Australian time late afternoon).Please don't forget we are one day ahead of the USA to it was today (Thursday we went to the hospital) Thank you to everyone who have sent such lovely messages to Jay, he is still home from school (BUT) I saw a BIG SMILE TODAY (hooray).
UPDATE: WEDNESDAY 2nd AUGUST: Things are still not good, bad night and the blood noses have returned (he had nose bleeds all last week)and again this week, so looks like I have to try get on top of those again as well as the servere headaches. Tomorrow (Thursday 3rd August) I have my appointment to see the surgeon so I have no chose but to take Jay with me to the Alfred Hospital - there is no way I would ever leave him home so we will be gone most the day tomorrow - hopefully I will be told I can drive a car which would make our life a bit easier. Keep the great messages going for Jay and I thank everone who takes the time to care. He is not well and has not improved at all and now the continual nose bleeds again - I will give Jay's Oncology doctor a call and let him know the headaches are servere and the nose bleeds are back - and not just a little nose bleed - is pours out.
UPDATE: TUESDAY 1st AUGUST: Jay still sick - no improvement - I bought him an ADAM SANDLER dvd - he loves him so hopefully that will make him feel better & JIM CAREY. His cough is dreadful - chest very sore also his stomach and had been home from school for the second day and will not go tomorrow (Wednesday) either. He had a dreadful night last night - he coughed throughout the night and did not stop. Wednesday (tomorrow) I will try to get him back to the doctor if I can find someone to give us a lift as I am unable to drive. I will try to update again late Wednesday but can't promise. Keep the great messages coming for JAY - I really hate to see him so sick, as you know he is one for the BIG SMILE ON THE DILE I have not seen that beautiful smile for 6 days.
Saturday 29th July to Monday 31st July (Jay's Journey)
Hi, this is Jay's darsly mum, updating you on what has occurred over the past few day's with Jay. I want to thank you all for your support and messages, they really mean a lot to Jay and make him smile.
Saturday night was not a good night at all, (NO SLEEP) at all for either Jay or myself. Poor little man, he was coughing so much which sounded very bad and in the chest, it continued throughout the night and also the vomiting. Each time I tried to get fluids in to him he would vomit and there was no use trying to get the medicine into him because that would come straight beack up. Jay told me his head felt like a drill going through it, the headache was so servere, along with all this was the HIGH temps 39.5 - 39.8 then it hit 41.2 he was on fire.
Sunday 30th July: Time to go back to the doctor - we have had the roughest night, it is now 9am and have an appointment with the doctor at 10am. Got Jay up out of bed (in hand with the bucket for the vomiting) got a friend to pick us up as I am not aloud to drive - layed Jay on the back seat and down to the doctor. whilst at the doctors his temp was 42.2 and the doctor wrote a referral letter and said to take him straight to EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT. I like to keep Jay's Medical Records at the one hospital which is MONASH MEDICAL CENTRE but he needed to get to Emergency quickly so 2 minutes down the road is the Brand New CASEY HOSPITAL which is part of the Southern Health Care so Jay's records would go to MONASH. It is a beautiful new hospital. We arrived but of course had to a bit of waiting in the Emergency department. Whilst waiting Jay was getting worse - his temp was soaring - his face was red and puffy - his eyes were like glass and would not stop vomiting. At this point there was nothing more to vomit up as he had not eaten or drank anything. After sitting in Treage for over an hour (and by the way Jay was laying across four chairs and they would not give him a pillow) FINALLY got called into the emergency Ward where he could lay down on a nice bed and rest his painful head. We arrived here at 10.30AM it is now 12.30PM.
12.30pm Sunday: Jay layed in the ward bed for quiet some time before we got to see a doctor but before that of course a nurse was monoriting him with Blood Pressure and Temp. As we were waiting to see the doctor Jay was tossing and turning in pain and fever. It is now 1.30pm and still we have not seen a doctor. Jay has finally given in a bit and having a little sleep I think he tired himself out tossing and turning, lucky I bought his dressing gown - NO BLANKET so he is snuggled up in his PJ's and dressing gown, it is quite cool in the Emergency Ward, I have a think jacket on and I am freezing. Sleep lasted all of 10 minutes and the tossing and turning started again and the coughing (it sounds AWFUL). 2pm (A DOCTOR ARRIVES) - LADY Doctor who is South African and very nice. She check Jay all over and ordered BLOOD TESTS and X-RAY. When Jay saw the needle he was like (What are you doing) I hate needles. She said I just have to take some blood for tests to see why you are so sick because at the moment you are very sick. His temp at 2pm is 38.9 still high and the headaches very servere, he keeps begging me and the doctors to get rid of the headaches. 2.30pm Of to X-Ray, he was wheeled in his bed because if he gets up he is dizzy, sitting up or standing makes him very dizzy. X-Ray was completed just have to wait on the Blood Test and X-Ray results. Back to the Emergency ward and nurse came to do the blood pressure and temp. Jay's temp is still very high 39.3. Still waiting on the Medicine they said was going to be given but no sign of that yet (OOPS spoke to soon) here come the medicine (as long as it was flavored and liquid) Jay didn't mind. Jay will not swallow tablets. Whilst sitting here I must tell you I am in a great deal of pain with my back - sitting here is not good, I keep getting up going for a little walk but the pain has set in. I shall not complain though, just tough through it. I was getting very hungry as Jay nor I have had breakfast or lunch and now being 3.15pm a block of chocolate would do down nicely - well that's about all I can get from the Machine (lucky I am a Chocoholic) so it went down real quick (LOL). Hopefully we won't have to stay here the night - but just have to wait and see what the results are. I sit and wonder, when our lives will ever be NORMAL - will it ever not have hospital in our lives. I feel for Jay - his entire life has revolved around Hospital, while his friends have lots of fun and go places with their parents - we are always stuck in a hospital - I suppose I have to give in to the fact that this is how it is suppose to be - anyway what is NORMAL, I don't really thing there is a normal. 3.30pm and waiting - 4.30pm NOSE STARTS TO BLEED (WO) Jay has not had a nose bleed since April and it is pouring out. 5pm Doctor comes in (WHITE CELLS are sitting at a low level as well as the LEUKOCYTES) Doctor says I am not overly concerned - but I am concerned (it that a contradiction or what) he says it could be a bacterial infection just fighting but really not sure - X-Ray showed patched of infection but what infection they don't know. Doctor said he could go home - I was like - yea right - he has blood pouring out of his nose - he has a temp right now of 39.3 - he has a servere headache and you say he can go home (I was dumb founded) surely you should not let him out until the fever goes down. 6pm The fever did not go down much but they discharged him and said he was not to go to school tomorrow and if he gets any worse he is to come back - well - in my opinion he is worse right now and we are at the hospital why come back - but they sent us on our way. I suppose they are just guessing he has a very bad - virus - flue - bacterial infection which hopefully will not get any worse and turn into Pneumonia (this has happened before) and it is not nice seeing your child with Pneumonia. I am a little reluctant to take him home in the state he is in (how sick do they want him to get) does he have to have Pneumonia before they will help him?) I suppose the best medicine is your own home and own bed, we will just have to wait and see and hope he improves. 7pm We were discharged, not happy, even on discharge the temp was 39 plus. I know my son (only a mother knows her child) I know he is not well enough to go home but even the doctor says they are concerned about hos sick he is, I just don't get it. We arrived home - Jay has not eaten all day, a fe sips of water that is all - I tried to make him eat but he refused. I got him straight into bed where he tossed and turned until 8.30pm When he started crying - he was on fire - I took took his temp it was 39.3 (not good) and his head was about to explode and blood pouring out ofhis nose (poor little man) he missed the bucket (yep) vomit all over the bed. I got the bucket under him where he continued to vomit - finally got the nose to sop bleeding. To clean up I had to put Jay on the couch - it was difficult because of my back I could not lean down to get the blankets off his bed but with the determination Jay has, I did it (but in a lot of pain). 11pm All the sheets are washed and dry and the bed made (my pain is quite bad but it is a case of I have no one else to help so I have to do it all myself). Got Jay back into his bed - his temp being 39.2 so still very high - I dosed him up on medicine hoping the temp will come down again and he will sleep (he really needs sleep he is exhausted). 12.30am Monday morning - Still sleeping - 2am - Coughing profusely and vomiting again (his belly is empty he has not eaten in days so the vomiting is taking it's toll on the stomach muscles) 3am - Settled him down again - 5am - Woke coughing and vomiting again - 5.30am - Settled and sleeping - 7am - I just goes on through out the morning - NO SLEEP FOR EITHER OF US.
Being Monday morning there will be no school for Jay today, have to keep him snuggly in bed and try to get him well - I will monitor him all day and see how he goes throughout the day and the night and see how he is Tuesday morning. But to be honest now - the day has gone and he really has not go much better - No vomiting today - he did eat a tiny bit which was great but it is now 5pm Monday afternoon and he is still quite sick - I will try to get through the night and take him back to the doctor in the morning - not sure how I will get there because I am not aloud to drive the car - hopefully a nice neighbout could give me a lift. So please keep your nice messages coming for Jay to get better because I really don't want it to end up in Hospital.
OUR GREAT FRIEND ZOIE.
I am sure you all know ZOIE BUDD, you all visit her site. Her wish was to come to AUSTRALIA - well her wish came true today - ZOIE and her mum touched down safely on AUSTRALIAN SOIL at 6am this morning (Monday 31st July), it is a very long trip from USA to AUSTRALIA and they missed a day because we are one day ahead so they are a big jet lagged. WE SPOKE TO ZOIE AND HER MUMZY, on the phone and when I said to Zoie do you want to speak to Jay she was screaming (I AM GOING TO SPEAK TO JAY - I AM GOING TO SPEAK TO JAY) she was so excited. Jay had a little chat with Zoie and her mumzy. The are having a free day today (they need it after the long flight). I don't think people realize how big AUSTRALIA is, yes it is our Island home but it is larger than you think. Zoie and her mum settled into the beautiful Gold Coast Hotel and they were about to go and do some shopping (hope they hare lots of money). Zoie and her mum will be in the land down under for I think 5 days so she will not be updating her site but her site is of course www.caringbridge.org/visit/zoiebudd Little miss Zoie is now an AUSSIE - what a great kid, she is so excited to be here - we wish we could go and show her around a bit but we live in Melbourne which is a 3 hour plane trip for us to go to the Gold Coast - if I had the money I would fly up and take her around. I will be talking to Zoie again during the week, I will keep you up to date as to what she is up to whilst in our beautiful country.
DONT FORGET TO TURN UP THE VOLUME ON MY WEBSITE - THE WELCOME PAGE AND THE JAY'S FAV PAGE.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU TAKE A LOOK AT THE PREVIOUS JOURNAL ENTRIES
Below a link to what I believe I am (A True Survivor) THE SURVIVOR MOVIE (Who I am - A true Survivor)To All JAY'S wonder friends and supporters - I thank you so very much for caring for Jay, your words to him mean so much so please don't forget while you are looking at his website please don't forget to sign his GUEST BOOK, just a message to say G'DAY is enough, he just want's to know you have taken the time to stop by and say Hi.




<< Home