JAY'S JOURNEY (NEUROBLASTOMA)

G'DAY MY NAME IS " JAY " I'M 13 YEARS OLD & LIVE IN AUSTRALIA WITH MY DARSLY MUM,DOG SNOWFLAKE & MY MATE PORKA. "I HAVE NEUROBLASTOMA - IT DOSNT HAVE ME" I WANT TO RAISE AWARENESS OF NEUROBLASTOMA SO WE CAN FIND A CURE SO NO OTHER CHILDREN LIKE ME HAVE TO SUFFER I HOPE I CAN INSPIRE EVERYONE TO HELP ME FIND A CURE & SPRED THE WORD ABOUT "NEUROBLASTOMA & ME". STRENGTH - COURAGE - DETERMINATION - HOPE & INSPIRATION CANCER IS NOT KILLING ME - IT IS PUSHING ME TO LIVE.

Monday, September 04, 2006

V8 Supercars & Steve Irwin & Peter Brock

________________
G'DAY MATES
IT'S JAY & DARSLY MUM
_______________
JAY'S (Smile Mail)

P.O. BOX 2075 Fountain Gate 3805

Melbourne - Victoria - Australia

**********************************

THE SURVIVOR MOVIE (Who I am - A true Survivor)

**********************************

UPDATE

Another Aussie Legend dies

PETER BROCK

Legend V8 SUPERCAR DRIVER

1945 - 2006

Died in Race Car Accident Friday 8th September

I will put up my photo's with Peter Brock during the weekend, he was another hero of mine and he took me for a ride in a LOTUS, another loss to Australia, the second loss of a Aussie Legend in the same week

We will miss you Peter




1962 - 2006
Our Tribute to our Aussie Mate
Australia is devastated - Jay and I are devastated by the tragic loss of STEVE IRWIN
Today is all about you STEVE.
You died doing what you loved, you died for your beautiful daughter BINDI, you died the day after FATHERS DAY which is devastating.
We have lost what we consider to be FAMILY - a friend - a mate - a legend - a role model and we cannot stop crying.
Steve was ENDURING, he was a TRUE BLUE FAIR DINKUM AUSSIE who was the same on screen and off screen.
Jay has lost a mate and his little heart is broken
I had to tell JAY about Steve's death when he walked in the door from school and Jay thought I was playing a trick on him, I had to wait for the news to come on so I could prove I was telling the truth, then he burst into tears - he is devastated.
Jay disappeared and I looked around and there he was on the lounge floor crying with the BOX OF AUSTRALIA ZOO gifts Steve sent to Jay.
Then Jay went to the computer and sent all his mates at AUSTRALIA ZOO a heartfelt email.
STEVE you are our hero and you died a hero.
When Steve was speared in the chest it was all captured on film, and to the end Steve was a hero, he pulled the Stingray Barb out of his chest himself but was pronounced dead as soon as he was pulled into the boat (WHAT A HERO MATE)
Steve adored his children, little BINDI SUE, and BINDI just loved her father, please say lots of prayers for little BINDI because this will be a great great loss for BINDI and also little BOB and his beautiful wife TERRY.
STEVE - you are AUSTRALIA and AUSTRALIA will be lost without you mate.
STEVE we will miss you so much - AUSTRALIA will miss you - you did so much for the animals, for the environment and anything you earned you put back into saving the animals and buying land for the animals.
You are the epitome of a TRUE BLUE FAIR DINKUM AUSSIE and Australia will not be the same without you MATE
"CRIKEY MATE"


MY 'V8 SUPERCAR WEEKEND' (Sept 1st to 3rd)
***********************************************
You can see below all my PHOTO'S of the V8 SUPERCAR DRIVERS. What a weekend it was and very tiring. It all started late Thursday night when I was VIP Special Guest at a function with all the V8 Supercar Drivers. It was so COOL - all the drivers recognized me and would yell out - HEY JAY mate and I would go over and get a photo with each one of them and they also signed photo's from last year and all had time to have a chat with me - I was nervous but soon was ok, they are such nice guys and for them to remember me was fantastic. FRIDAY it was out to the track at Sandown early where I caught up with all the guys and they showed me in the garage and there cars. Darlsy took more photo's the entire weekend and printed them out and each of the drivers signed each individual photo for me - so all my photo's which you see on the slide - they are now all signed by the drivers. It was a long tiring day FRIDAY and back again to the track on SATURDAY and met up with more of the drivers. Steven Richards took me to look at his JACK DANIELS car and I got a photo. JAMES COURTNEY the one in the Jeldwen blue shirt - he is so nice - I was just walking passed his truck on Saturday and he yelled out - HEY JAY come here mate, so I went over and he chatted to me for ages and darsly took another photo. SUNDAY was big race day, and we were out at the track early so we could catch up with the drivers before their big race. We also met up with KAREN she is one of your CARINGBRIDGE FRIENDS from Australia - just click KAREN and you will know who I am talking about, she is in a wheelchair and has CP and she was so excited to meet me. Darsly organized for KAREN to meet her favorite V8 SUPERCAR DRIVER who is MARK SKAIFE, she did not believe she was going to meet him, but we soon convinced her that her DREAM was going to come true. MARK SKAIFE is a wonderful man and we took KAREN around to Marks truck where he came out especially to make KAREN dream come true - she could not believe it - we took some photo's for her to prove she met him and he also signed her jacket and also signed my photo of him with me. It made KAREN day, and she had a great rest of the day - we also got her to meet PAUL DUMBRELL and she could not believe that either. All the drivers are good mates and they will always take the time for me. I did the last round of wishing all the drivers good luck especially RUSSELL INGAL and JAMES COURTNEY and then went and sat in the grand stand with KAREN and darsly. It was a fantastic race all the way through, unfortunately Russell nor James won the race but the FORD BOYS came through and won over Holden. The Cat car won which is JASON BRIGHT and they only won by .15 seconds, it was so close but we won GO FORD. We had an exhausting weekend, and darslys back really has taken a lot and she is in a lot of pain and is glad the weekend is over. I hope you all enjoy looking through the SLIDE SHOW of all the V8 SUPERCAR DRIVERS I got to hang out with on the weekend and also a big thank you to my mate COLE who always is nice to think of me and make me welcome at the V8 SUPERCARS.



AT THE "ALFRED HOSPITAL" 31st AUGUST 2006
*************************************************
It was time for DARSLY MUM to go to the "ALFRED HOSPITAL" in Melbourne to have her CT SCAN and see her surgeon MR. HUNT. We drove into the hospital which did not take that long and we went up to the 2nd Floor where Darlsy gave the receptionist the form and Darlsy said - I have to have CT SCAN before I see Mr. Hunt. The receptionist, said NO you are having an X-RAY, darsly said NO - I am having a CT SCAN, the receptionist started get agro and said you are booked in for an X-RAY, darsly said to here 'You can't see nerves and muscle on an X-RAY', the form Mr. Hunt gave stated a CT SCAN. The receptionist then said - I was the one who book the X-Ray, and darsly said, well you are wrong aren't you, the form stated a CT SCAN, the receptionist went away to prove to darsly that the form said X-RAY, she came back with the form and yep darsly was right, it stated CT.SCAN, and darsly has been waiting for this scan for 5 weeks and the stupid receptionist booked her in for an X-RAY. Well, darsly blew her top, and demanded to see the CLERK of bookings - which she did and she said to the Clerk, I am not leaving this hospital until I have my CT SCAN, which I have been waiting for - for over 5 weeks now, and your incopetent receptionist booked me in for an X-RAY where the form clearly states CT SCAN. Well they were all running around like bow flies and then the Clerk came back to darsly and said, ok we have been able to get you in for the CT SCAN, no apology was given my the Clerk or the receptionist. Darlsy then had only 10 minutes to have the scan then see Mr. HUNT. After the Scan was done, we went back up the the receptionist who was very sarcastic, she said, "OH see it was done wasn't it" darsly said that is not the point, the point is you made a mistake and will not admit it. Well the receptionist got more rude so we just walked away. Finally got to see Mr. Hunt, he brought up the CT SCAN on the computer and explained it to Darlsy. He said it is looking good and healing well but still have the problem of the numbness which could be caused by inflammation, or from the graft site. He showed us where the bone graft was taken from and darlsy has a big hole in her hip and she said is that why my left hip is so sore and numb. Mr. Hunt said, it could be what is causing the numbness, but not sure and he said he has never come across this numbness before. He said that darsly might have to ave injections into the nerves to get the inflammation down and then she has to come back at the end of NOVEMBER to have more SCANS. Darlsy asked when she was aloud to go back to work - and Mr. Hunt said "OH" you can't go back to work for atleast another 4 MONTHS, so that is not until JANUARY 2007. Darlsy was not happy about that, because we have been struggling a lot and it is hard for darsly not having an income to pay bills, and pay for school things for me for next year. See the PHOTO'S below - that is me JAY standing outside the ALFRED HOSPITAL and the drawing is the next drawing I did for the TRAUMA department at the ALFRED. I went down to visit all my friends at the TRAUMA EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT and they loved that I did them another drawing. They have all my drawings hanging up in the EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT and everyone comments on my drawings. The helicopter was not there today, so I did not get to see it, maybe next time. We had to go, because we had to get home for my big function tonight with the V8 SUPERCAR DRIVERS.


MY "STETHOSCOPE OF THE FUTURE"
*******************************************
My 'STETHOSCOPE OF THE FUTURE' is finished, my project which has taken 2 months to complete. I took it to school yesterday (4th Sept) and the teachers were in amazement and I had to go and present it around the class rooms. I have to on Tuesday 5th do my bi presentation in front of all the judges, but have already been told my work on this project is OUTSTANDING and the best presented project, with a lot of time - effort - thought and research gone into it. I will let you all know what happens after my project has gone before the judges.
***********************************
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO SIGN MY GUEST BOOK - LOTS OF PEOPLE VISIT BUT THEY LEAVE BEFORE SIGNING - I LOVE TO READ YOUR MESSAGES AND KNOW THAT YOU HAVE STOPPED BY.

************



***************************************

web site hit counter