JAY'S JOURNEY (NEUROBLASTOMA)

G'DAY MY NAME IS " JAY " I'M 13 YEARS OLD & LIVE IN AUSTRALIA WITH MY DARSLY MUM,DOG SNOWFLAKE & MY MATE PORKA. "I HAVE NEUROBLASTOMA - IT DOSNT HAVE ME" I WANT TO RAISE AWARENESS OF NEUROBLASTOMA SO WE CAN FIND A CURE SO NO OTHER CHILDREN LIKE ME HAVE TO SUFFER I HOPE I CAN INSPIRE EVERYONE TO HELP ME FIND A CURE & SPRED THE WORD ABOUT "NEUROBLASTOMA & ME". STRENGTH - COURAGE - DETERMINATION - HOPE & INSPIRATION CANCER IS NOT KILLING ME - IT IS PUSHING ME TO LIVE.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

It's Camp Quality time 2006

G'DAY - it's JAY
______________

JAY'S (SMILE MAIL)

P.O. BOX 2075

FOUNTAIN GATE 3805

MELBOURNE - VICTORIA - AUSTRALIA

****************************
THE SURVIVOR MOVIE (Who I am - A true Survivor)

**************************************

Jay's little NB friend 'Christie" passed away 9am 19th September - this horrible illness NEUROBLASTOMA has taken yet another innocent child - please pay your respects to the family of

CHRISTI THOMAS (NB - ^ANGEL^)

"IT'S CAMP QUALITY TIME"
It's that time of year again when I get to go away for a week with CAMP QUALITY (laughter is the best medicine) and I am so excited. Camp Quality gives kids like me with cancer the chance to go away and have lots of fun - smile - and be happy and catch up on things we have missed out on by being in hospital - having treatments and tests. Cancer kids do miss out on a lot of things but with CAMP QUALITY they bring the laughter back. Camp Quality have been my life, they are just like a family to me, a family I don't have (I only have my darsly mum), I get to see all my friends from hospital - kids I have grown up with in the hospital. Each child is assigned a companion for life and my companion is JEFF, he is a great guy, he drives the coach, he is a coach driver as well as my Camp Quality companion. I will be heading off on the Camp on Sunday 17th September for one week, and I am going to miss darsly mum so much, and she is going to miss me as well. She said she is going to b very lonely without me and wont know what to do with herself. I do love to go away, but I do miss darsly so much when I am away. We are going to a big HORSE RANCH, so we will be riding horses and doing lots of great things. We get to ride the horses along the beach so that will be cool - can't wait to do that. When I get back I will be able to tell you all about the week I had with Camp Quality and hopefully will get some photo's. On this camp we have a photographer who films us all on camp and he makes it into a movie, so each year we get a Camp Quality Capers DVD with us all on it, it is so funny to watch. Darlsy can't come so she can't take any photo's, but I will take a camera with me and try take some pictures. So everyone I will see you all at the end of next week. I think darlsy may do an update for me, but if not I will do one when I get back from CAMP QUALITY - see ya MATES - SEE YA ALL NEXT WEEK.
*********************************************

THE WEEK THAT WAS

School is now over - yep Friday 15th September was the last day of term 3 and we get two weeks break then one term of school to go and then it will be Summer holidays. Not a bad week at school although I had pretty bad headaches and one headache was given to me because a kid kicked a ball into my head and I had to go to the sick bay for a while until my headache went away. We did not do much work seeing it was the last week of school - we just did lots of fun things, and I always do jobs for the Principal around the school and other teachers. I helped the Gardener on Thursday do all the gardens, mowing, weeding - that was fun. Steve Irwin's Memorial Service is on Wednesday at the Australia Zoo - and they only aloud 3,000 people - people queued up for tickets and there were some very disappointed people. The service will be beamed around the world from 9am Australian time next Wednesday 20th September (Australian time). On Tuesday 19th September PETER BROCK will be farewelled with a STATE funeral in Melbourne and on Friday 22nd September there will be a memorial service for Peter at Sandown Raceway where Peter lived his life as a V8 Supercar driver. STEVE IRWIN and PETER BROCKS SERVICES will be Live on TV.

MEDICAL FRONT

My headaches have still be giving me a lot of trouble, I try to not let them worry me, but they do hurt and also the pain in my legs, that is bad and hurts a lot. Darlsy is still talking with the doctors to see about another NEUROLOGIST appointment but looks like I still have to wait and that is until late next year - not much fun having to put up with so much pain and no able to see a specialist but that is just how it is here - it is the waiting game. Darlsy had to wait over 2 years to have her back operation - and we are not the only one's who have to wait, there are plenty of people on the waiting lists for many different health reasons. Darlsy said she is doing her best to get me in to see a specialist but not getting anywhere fast. My spot is still there on my spine - sitting there dormant on T-11 - T 12 (the time bomb which hopefully will not explode). Darlsy's back is very sore - painful and is still waiting on the next appointment with the Surgeon which should be in November.

***************

MY BEAUTIFUL QUILT MADE JUST FOR ME


Have a look at what I received in the mail this week - it is a beautiful quilt made lovingly by wonderful people at QUILTS 4 KIDS in AUSTRALIA. Each section is stitched by a different person and done to the theme I wanted which was cars and planes. It is so beautiful and it is big. I would like to thank all the people who took the time to care about me and stitch a square for my quilt, below are the names of all the people who lovingly stiched my quilt:

LINDE ADAMS (owner of quilts 4 kids Australia)

LINDE AMBROSE - Queensland Australia

ANNE SHACKELS - Melbourne Australia

BARBARA WOLFFE - Washington USA

CAROL - Etters USA

GAYLE SCOTT - Appleton Winconsin USA

HIDEKO - Brazil

KIM - Reidsville NC USA

MANDY - Tasmania

MARILYN - NSW Australia

PATRICIA DOUGAL - Belfast Ireland

RENE - Queensland Australia

ROBYN - Queensland Australia

SAM - Queensland Australia

SANDRA PETERSON - Miami Florida USA

TANIA - Victoria Australia

TRACY - Auckland New Zealand

Thank you so much to each of the people above who took the time to care about me and make me something so very special - I will treasure my quilt for the rest of my life THANK YOU.

***********************************

MY MATHS AWARD

Above is the award I got for doing the Maths Challenge. Each year at school there is an Australia Wide Maths Challenge - I participated in the Maths Challenge in July of this year and only just got the results and this is my award.

***************************************


JAY WITH TWO OF MY FAVORITE V8 SUPERCAR DRIVERS

I was so excited a few weeks ago to meet all my V8 Suercar drivers mates again and I just wanted to share each day some pictures of my favorite drivers - each journal I will put up a different one. The top photo is of me JAY and JAMES COURTNEY in the Jeldwen Shirt - he is such a great guy and so nice - he drives for the SBR team (Stone Brothers Racing). The photo below that is of me JAY and GRANT DENYA - Grant is so funny, and he is not ony a V8 Supercar Driver but also he drives Rally Cars and is also the Weather Man on our local Channel 7 and SUNRISE Progam in the mornings. Grant should be a comedian, dare him to do anything and he will do it.

***********************

ME

I just wanted to write a little something about me. My life really has never been like the average normal kid - but, I have never known any different because Cancer has been my life - and anyway - WHAT IS NORMAL. In a strange way Cancer has moulded me into the person I am today - who know's - if I did not have cancer, I may not be the person I am today. Life for everyone is full of challenges, but I can tell you, all us kids battling Cancer have been dealth the biggest challenge on earth. You can't let thngs in life beat you, no matter what it is, you must tackle it head on with Courage and Determination. I have been to hell and back (along with many others), I have been cut in half, my scars on my body tell the story of a fighter. My scars, I call them MY SHARK BITES - I suppose I gave them that name because it looks like a shark has bitten me in half. I have defied the odds thrown against me - 10% chance of survival - I'M HERE. They said I would never walk again (well HELLO - I do more that just walk - I SPRINT). All my little cancer battlers out there, I give you all my strength - courage - determination - and positive attitude to NEVER GIVE UP. My mission now is to keep on surviving and to let all you parents out there, don't give up on your kids ever, fight the fight because it can be won - not all doctors are right - we can defy the odds. I still have lots of sick down times, but I don't let it get to me - I believe in getting out there and enjoying life to the full no matter what. You can't give up - giving up is not an option. Your child may have what is called a terminal illness, that dosn't mean you stop living life - that is when you stand up and be strong - be positive and tell yourself you can do it you can beat it. So many times I was told I was going to die - well I say BLA to that - hey I am still here, I am still living, I am growing everyday, I may have a monster inside me - but is sure as hell aint gonna get me - I will get it before it gets me. So - what ever cancer you may be battling remember tackle it head on and NEVER GIVE UP - NEUROBLASTOMA is a hard one to beat and that is why I need help to get the AWARENESS out there about NEUROBLASTOMA and get people to donate to finding a cure so no more kids have to fight this monster.

MY FRIENDS

I have lots of sick friends out there, I can't mention every one all the time - but I wouldl like to mention a couple of friends each time I do a journal. Not all my friends have NEUROBLASTOMA, they have other illness and different cancer. I like to visit all friends no matter what they have, I like to cheer them up and let them know that having cancer is not always a bad thing and that you can beat it and also cheer up some kids who are a little down in the dumps, I try to put a smile on their diles (face) I hope I do. So please I have two friends I would love you all to meet and go visit and they are:

ALLISON CARONE

HEATHER OWENS

Please stop by and say hi to them and before you go don't forget to stop by my GUEST BOOK forst and lease me a message so I know you have visited me - I love to read your messages of support.

*******************************
SEE YA MATES

I will see you all when I get back from CAMP QUALITY in a weeks time - until then I send you all my strength - courage - determination - hope and inspiration to you all and please don't forget to live life to the full each day and tell someone you love them each and everyday and give someone a HUG everyday - Keep a SMILE ON DILE (face) and I send you lots of big big big big big KOALAHUGS

*****************************

Sign my Guestbook

View my Guestbook


web site hit counter