Jay - busy week ahead
Hi to all my wonderful friends out there, you are all amazing people and you keep me smiling every single day and I appreciate all your support very much. Without Support it is very difficult sometimes - so please know that I appreciate you all and thank you so very much for being there for me. I have not been around for a week or so - sorry about that, but just so much going on and my schooling is very important and have had lots of homework to get done.
REMINDER
This SATURDAY 18th November is MCHAPPY DAY for every burger you buy at McDonald's on Saturday the money goes to Ronald McDonald House Charities (McHappy day) , Ronald McDonald house is a major part of us Cancer kids lives. The make is so much better for the lives of the kids and for the families. Staying in Hospital for long periods of time is not easy, Ronald McDonald House is a home away from home whilst us kids have treatment. If there was no Ronald McDonald house to stay at then it would mean families would have to stay in Motels or drive all the way home or just sleep on the floor in the hospital (something is not a nice thing to do). Ronald McDonald house gives families a place, and happy environment to stay during difficult times, so if you can buy a burger this weekend you will know you have contributed to making the lives of cancers kids and their families a lot better. And it is not only for cancer kids, it is for any sick child and their families who have to stay in hospital for long stays.
Saturday 18th November is the CAMP QUALITY Christmas party which I am so looking forward to. We are going to the Melbourne Aquarium and will have lots of fun with our Camp Quality Companions and friends. Each year CAMP QUALITY (laughter is the best medicine) have a great Christmas party at different locations and this is the first year it has been in the City of Melbourne at the Aquarium.
THE SURVIVOR MOVIE (Who I am - A true Survivor)
******
What do I have to tell you today ? - Well lots and lots - but I will try to make it short, as I have said before once I start to write I can't stop (LOL) so I will try to make this a little shorter than usual. First I will tell you that I am not aloud to tell you about my special AWARD is that funny or what - it is a big secret until the 22nd November and I will get into big trouble if I say what it is. Believe me I want so much to tell you all but we have been told by the media people who are part of this AWARD that we have to be quiet about it just incase other media get hold of it (So sorry guys - I have to shut my mouth). All I can say is the Award will be presented to me on Wednesday 22nd November. Darlsy and I fly to Sydney on Tuesday 22nd and we will be gone for a week and will not get back until Friday 24th so I will not be able to say anything until I get back from Sydney (don't you hate sectets - I do - I just want to tell everyone) so I hope you can all wait until I get back from Sydney - well all in Australia will know what it is by Wednesday but all of you from America you will have to wait. Some things I did last week on Sunday 12th November - I was part of a MOVIE - yea true - there was a Movie being made in MELBOURNE and they needed lots of extras - the film is called "Chak De! India", starring Shah Rukh Khan. The filming was at the State Hockey Centre and the match was between Germany vs India (this was a true real hockey match, so us extras had to do lots of screaming, shouting, we were invited to be part of the movie to represent Camp Quality and because we were part of it the film producers will be donating money to Camp Quality - so the more Camp Quality people who participated the more money they donated. The day was so much fun.
MY HEALTH & DARSLY MUMS - I have been getting a lot of blood noses again - just this morning 17th Nov I woke up and my nose was bleeding, had to stand in the shower for ages before it finally stopped - very annoying first thing in the morning. My headaches, well I have been getting some treatment (very similar to a chiropractor) but a specialist one. Not sure yet if it is working will have to have some more treatments and another scan to see if the results have changed at all. The scan I had done had many spots of severe nerve pressure so they are working on those problems at the moment. Another issue has come up - I have a raised dark lump on the back of my neck - darsly mum is worried and of course very concerned and has made an appointment to see the doctor and then get referred on to a specialist in that field and I will let you all know what is going on when we know. Please don't worry about me, I will be ok, it does hurt a bit whatever it is. Darsly got a shock when she saw it, it brought back memories of the lump that the doctors would not look at (and that turned out to be Neuroblastoma) so of course darsly mum is straight into action and getting it looked at. Now darlsy mum - She has an appointment at the Alfred hospital on the 7th December to have another scan on her spine. As you know she had spinal surgery 4 months ago and she has been doing lots of things the doctors have said not to - I suppose that is where I got my determination from - darsly is determined to not let anything bring her down and just defies what the doctors tell her and does it anyway and I am like that too (that is a great trait to have) proves you can do anything. So when she has the scan done we will know the results straight away and hopefully it will be looking a lot better than the last scan.
Last year the Olympic Dream Run darsly and I completed

OLYMPIC DREAM 2006 is on again - Yes a year has passed since darsly and I completed the Olympic Dream Run and it is on again this Sunday 19th November. I am so excited to be able to run another Olympic Dream Run and Darsly she is going to attempt it aswell. You all know that my darsly mum had spinal surgery only 4 months ago so this is going to be a great achievement for darsly to complete this one. She is determined to do this, she said she might go a bit slower than last year but she is going to run with me all the way and I will help her all the way. So, you just wait and see we will have another medal around our neck because I will finish the race and know once again I have done this race for a great course and that is I raise money for NEUROBLASTOMA research.
The year is nearly over, it has gone so very quickly and I graduate from Primary School on 12th December. It has been wonderful going to my school Maramba and I made it to year 6, and those doctors said I would never make it (well look at me now) I not only made it but I am a high achiever and very smart at school and I get to go to Secondary school in 2007 - another huge achievement seeing I was told that would never happen. Gee I love to defy all those doctors - it is such a buzz to be able to go up to them all and say I DID IT. I have achieved a lot in my short life but this would have to be the ultimate. Battling cancer, being told you wont make it but then defying it all and Graduating and going to Secondary School - well I am so very proud of myself. BELIEVE AND YOU WILL ACHIEVE, I did that, so all you kids out there, remember you can do anything you set your mind to, don't ever be told you can't achieve something - get out there and do it - defy all those people who say you can't. With all I have been through I believe I have more to achieve and I believe I can do it.
Shannon Noll (My idol - my role model) HEY - did any one notice who signed my Guest Book - it was Shannon Noll my Idol, my role model and the best singer in Australia. The music on my site is sung by Shannon Noll, he is a wonderful person and a real Aussie (down to earth fairdinkum) so if you get the chance just click on his name and listen to some great Music.
ABOUT NEUROBLASTOMA & TREATMENTS
Today I am giving you some interesting/valuable links about Neuroblastma, I do like to write my own little bits about Neuroblastoma but this time if you click onto the below links they could help in some little way. Helping is what I love to do, if it saves one child's like then it makes me happy. And getting the Awareness out there about NEUROBLASTOMA is my PASSION.
About 3F8 Monoclonal Antibody Therapy
Neuroblastoma info
New approaches to Neuroblastoma
Neuroblastoma Society
Care for kids with Neuroblastoma
Neuroblastoma survival rates as you look at this chart you will see Neuroblastoma has the worst survival rate. So come on everyone lets get together and make a difference, get this survival rate up higher. No children should have to go through battling Neuroblastoma, no child should have to suffer in this day and age. Lets find a CURE now, please donate to NEUROBLASTOMA research PLEASE - and please Australian Government get off your bums and give money towards saving a child's life instead of giving a BILLION dollars to make our broadband system faster - give that Billion dollars to saving a Neuroblastoma child's life. We have a big Election coming up here in Australia (Come on Health Ministers) get your act together instead of thinking of yourselves all the time and making promises you never keep - kids are dying and you are letting it happen.
MY SCHEDULE
18th November : McHappy day - Camp Quality Christmas Party
19th November : Olympic Dream Run
20th November : Melbourne Aquatic Centre media interviews with Giaan Rooney
21st November : Fly to Sydney for my AWARD
22nd November : AWARDS CEREMONY
23rd November : Checking out Sydney
24th November: Still checking out Sydney
24th November : Fly home to Melbourne late
To all my little sick friends, keep up the great fight, I know it's not easy but you have to stay strong and positive always - BELIEVE and you will ACHIEVE. I will see you all when I get back from Sydney - I will try to do another journal before I leave and then one when I get back or I might just add my weekend activities to this on. Keep smiling always and NEVER GIVE UP.
JAY
View my Guestbook



<< Home