JAY'S JOURNEY (NEUROBLASTOMA)

G'DAY MY NAME IS " JAY " I'M 13 YEARS OLD & LIVE IN AUSTRALIA WITH MY DARSLY MUM,DOG SNOWFLAKE & MY MATE PORKA. "I HAVE NEUROBLASTOMA - IT DOSNT HAVE ME" I WANT TO RAISE AWARENESS OF NEUROBLASTOMA SO WE CAN FIND A CURE SO NO OTHER CHILDREN LIKE ME HAVE TO SUFFER I HOPE I CAN INSPIRE EVERYONE TO HELP ME FIND A CURE & SPRED THE WORD ABOUT "NEUROBLASTOMA & ME". STRENGTH - COURAGE - DETERMINATION - HOPE & INSPIRATION CANCER IS NOT KILLING ME - IT IS PUSHING ME TO LIVE.

Monday, November 27, 2006

JAY - YOUNG BRAVEHEART AWARD 2006



JAY'S (Smile Mail)

P.O.Box 2075 Fountain Gate 3805

Melbourne - Victoria - Australia

******

G'DAY it's JAY

"YOUNG BRAVEHEART OF THE YEAR 2006"

WOW what a week I have had, and I know you have all been waiting to hear from me. It has been the best week of my entire life and to write it all down on my journal is going to take forever. As you probably all know by now I was awarded 'Young Braveheart of the year" an award which recognises me for Courage & Determination not only in fighting my illness but for also helping others with the same illness & for raising money to find a cure.

JAY & BRON (Darlsy mum)

First I would love to thank my wonderful Darsly mum - without her I would not be here today, she has been my strength and has fought when others would not - she did it all on her own - we both did it on our own, we stuck together through the good and the bad times and we came out of that tunnel winners, without my darsly mum I don't think I would be the person I am today. Thank you darsly mum "I love you so very much", things are tough for us but we have the gift of love that pulls us through each time. You are the best mum in the world, you have never left my side and you have always stuck up for what you believe is right and that was to keep me alive.

JAY & SHANNON NOLL

Tuesday 21st We arrived in Sydney after a very long wait in Melbourne to catch the plane. There was a delay of one half hours so we arrived in Sydney later that expected. We were met at the airport by a Limo driver and he took us to our Motel on Darling Harbour (wow how beautiful it was). We were tired but anxious to get out and see some sights seeing we had some free time. It was very hot in Sydney (and I mean hot). Darlsy mum and I walked along Darling Harbour looking at all the wonderful sights - so many people around and so much to see. The sights of Sydney were wonderful and of course we took lots of photos. At 6pm we had to meet down in the restaurant with the Marketing manager of Take 5 magazine to go over details of Wednesday Award ceremony and that is when I was told the best thing ever. I was told that SHANNON NOLL my all time hero - role model - idol was going to be my BUDDY for the enrire day. Shannon Noll is the one who sings the song on my website and I could not believe he was going to be my buddy for the day. Last week Shannon Signed my guestbook, we did not know if it was really him who did it but when I met Shannon he assured me that he did sign my guestbook and I was so happy. To know Shannon was going to be my buddy for the day it was very hard to sleep, I was just thinking of it so much and could not believe he wanted to spend the day with me.

Wednesday 22nd This is the big day, we had to be up early as there is a lot of media involved and we had to be in a certain place at the right time. We met down in the foyer of the motel and we walk along darling harbour to the Aquarium where the Ceremony will be taking place. We sat for a while and had a drink (it was a very hot day of 40 degrees). Then Mr. Ron Delizo came over (he is one of the judges of the award) who also has a beautiful brave little girl named Sophie Delizio who has endured so much pain in her little life (she is a burns victim and also lost her legs to two tragic accidents). Mr. Delizio was so nice and we chatted for a long time he also took one of my wrist bands and put it straight on his wrist and he wanted one for Sophie and her brother and of course that was not a problem, I have him 2 more bands. The famous Australia Cricket Captain arrived Steve Waugh who is presenting me with the award. I had met Steve when I was 5 and I showed him a photo of him and me together. Steve was very nice and we chatted about my illness and my T-Shirts and Wristbands. We then had to group together and do a taping of the TODAY show on Channel 9 which was showed the following day at 8.50am. It was strange doing that because we could not hear what the reporter in the studio was saying, Ron Delizio and Steve Waugh were the only ones miked up and we could only hear one half of the conversation. Ron showed my wristband on the TV and read out what it said. Then there were more media interviews SUNRISE channel 7 then Channel 10 and Newspapers wanting interviews. Then it was time to walk into the Aquarium where a big room was set up for the Awards ceremony. Rhonda the marketing manager was such a nice person and she held my hand and said quick hurry got some one special for you to meet and then as I walked into the room there was my hero SHANNON NOLL it was so exciting, he came up to me and said "G'DAY MATE" and we started chatting. He is such a nice guy and so very funny, telling jokes and pulling jokes on you all the time. There were so much media there and they were pushing for photo's so I had to stand with Shannon and gets lots of photo's taken. Shannon was teaching me about the media and telling me to just keep talking and smile lots (so cool). Shannon was my buddy for the entire day, he took me over to look at the fish as there was a huge glass wall behind us with sharks and fish swimming around and he was chatting to me like we had known each other for ever. The photo below is of Shannon Noll and me and Shannon is holding up my T-Shirt which I gave to him along with a wristband he put straight on his wrist (how cool is that)

JAY & SHANNON NOLL (With Jay's T-Shirt & Wristband)

Wednesday continued: Also at the awards Ceremony were other celebrities and they were TV funniest Home Video Host Toni Pearen and Lara Bingle and Michael O'Laughlin form the Sydney Swans and Bianca Dye from NOVA which is a radio station in Sydney.
After thousands of photo's we all had to sit down for the Awards Ceremony - Shannon was sitting next to me and darly mum next to Shannon (OH yea my darsly mum loves Shannon and made sure she got a big hug and kiss from him). During the presentation they showed photo's of me up on a screen and talked about what I had gone through and what I am doing to raise awareness of Neuroblastoma with my T-Shirts and Wristbands and was then presented with a beautiful Glass Trophy which reads : "Young BraveHeart presented to Jay Bull for regonition of true Courage and determination 2006" and I was asked a question which was "what has kept you going" and my answer was "Strength - courage - determination - inspiratation and hope", then I was asked what was my Strength and I answered my Strength is to Never give Up and to help others and I got lots of claps.
JAY - SHANNON NOLL - BRON (Darsly mum)


Now of course darsly mum wanted to get into the photo - that's ok - poor darsly she is never in any photo's because she is always taking the photo's but she said this time she is not missing out on a photo with Shannon Noll. After the ceremony was complete there were still lots of media interviews, we had to go out side the Aquarium out to the hot weather and have photo's taken, it was funny, there were lots of people outside and when they saw Shannon they were yelling -OH Shannon Noll - he was real cool and always signed an Autograph or had a a photo with someone. Then Shannon and I were interviewed by Channel 7 - that was cool, Shannon is always laughing and joking and he makes you feel not so nervous. Then we had to have photo's for the Take 5 Magazine which it is in and in a again this week. After all the media interviews we went back into the Aquarium and only Shannon myself and darsly mum and Shannon's agent were taken up ito parts of the Aquarium that know one gets to go and that is when Shannon started playing lots of jokes and nearly pushed me in the shark tank (only joking around), you never know when he is going to play a joke on you and scare you (so funny). We got to go up into the quarantine part and above the tanks so you look down and see all the fish. Shannon was so nice and was talking with me all the time and showing me lots of things. After an hour of being shown things know one else will see and spending it with Shannon (not just an hour but the day) it was time for Shannon to go and I was so sad to say goodbye. Shannon told my mum a secret and darsly mum is not aloud to tell me - Shannon has done something for me, something real special that is all darsly mum can tell me and I so much want to know what it is but Shannon and darsly are keeping this big secret from me. Shannon said he will keep in touch and said I am a great kid and he had lots of fun hanging out with me today. After a few more photo's Shannon had to go - I shook his hand and darsly mum gave him a big kiss and hug and we had to say goodbye.
Below are some links:
Also have tapes from Channel 9 and Channel 7

SOME SPECIAL PHOTO'S (SLIDE SHOW) OF MY BRAVEHEART AWARD IN SYDNEY

The slide show ABOVE are photo's taken of the Young BraveHeart Awards and of the celebrities and mostly of Shannon Noll and myself, I hope you enjoy watching the slide show as much as I enjoyed the wonderful day I had with Shannon and my darsly mum.

PHOTO'S OF OUR TIME IN SYDNEY 2006



We were invited by a friend to stay at their house, we were so lucky to be able to stay a few more days and have a look around Sydney. On Thursday we woke up to a beautiful view of sun - sand and water and quietness, a beautiful place we did not want to leave. Darlsy and I caught a ferry across the water to Crunella (not sure if that's how you spell it), and t was another very hot day. We walked around Crunella, had lunch, did more walking and sight seeing then we caught the Ferry back across the water to where we were staying. On the ferry there was this really nice man and lady, they had seen me on the TV and asked about my wrist band, just so happens darsly had some in her bag and he gave me $20 for the bands (so nice). The ferry stopped at the wharf and we got off and had to walk along the beach and up 72 steps to get to where we were staying. The rest of the day we just were so tired we both fell asleep on the couch.
Friday 24th Our wonderful friend took the day off work to take us to Sydney to Taronga Zoo, another very hot day. We walked around the zoo and saw lots of animals then we caught a ferry across the harbour to see the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Oprah House. WOW I have never been to Sydney before and it was so cool to see the bridge right in front of me. We got off the ferry and walked around to the Oprah House where they were setting up for last nights Australian Idol Final (which Damien the Irish Singer won) - our next Australian Idol is a beautiful Irish singer and you will love his music. Anyway, we walked around the Oprah House and then sat on the grass for a while. I could hear some music a voice which sounded familiar and it was Guy Sebastian singing (practicing) for the show so we walked around to have a listen. We were having such a great time, so much fun. We got some lunhc then took the ferry back to the zoo, went up on the gondola where you can see over the top of the zoo, then once at the top we went and saw the animals we had missed earlier then it was time to go - and we did not want to leave. The traffic was very heavy and we were a little late to the airport and we had to run to the terminal and I mean we had to sprint they were waiting for us and nearly closed the doors but I didn't mind because darsly and I did not really want to go home, but we made it and onto the plane we got. Thank you Ashley for allowing us to stay with you and for all the wonderful things you did whilst we were in Sydney (darsly said - it was very much appreciated). We arrived back in Melbourne and guess what - our luggage did not arrive with us - no it was not on the plane so we had to wait around the airport for a long time waiting for our luggage to arrive on another plane. Darsly was very tired and still had another hours drive from the airport to our home but we eventually made it home and we were both so tired we just left everything in the middle of the lounge and just crashed on the couch. We had a wonderful time in Sydney and I thank everyone who was involved with the BraveHeart Awards, there are just too many people to thank but RHONDA you rock, you are so cool and thank you for everything.
PHOTO'S OF CAMP QUALITY XMAS PARTY & OLYMPIC DREAM RUN 2006



The above slide show is of the CAMP QUALITY Christmas party just before we left for Sydney and also of the OLYMPIC DREAM run darsly and I ran. YES darsly and I completed the Olympic Dream run, as much pain as darsly was in with here back she still did it and we ran together all the way. It was a really hot day. The only disappointing thing was they did not give out the medals when we crossed the line like they usually do, we had to wait to get them in the mail and as soon as we do receive them we will take a photo to show you all.

Monday 20th I have another interview to do today, I will be able to tell you about that after it is over - it is for another TV show.

My Friends: I have missed you all so very much and now that I am back from Sydney I will be able to come visit you all. I do hope you have all been well and still have big smiles on your diles (Face). Remember to always right on know matter what, no matter what life throws at you, you can get through it with great strength and determination. I guess the award I got is no only for me - it is for all my wonderful brave - strong sick friends out there. I don't consider myself as being brave but I am happy to be regognised for the hard times I have had and for the work I do now to try help others in the same situation. You can achieve anything in life, as I have always said, some of us are dealt a bit of a harder life than others but with strength and a positive attitude you can come out a winner. All you kids out there you are all winners, you are all brave, you are all strong and my award is for all of you. I will come visit you all real soon.

Neuroblastoma: Please don't forget what this site is all about - it is about Raising Awareness of Neuroblastoma, letting people out there know that there are other cancers in this world which people have no idea about and unfortunately Neuroblastoma is one of those cancers and we need to get the word out there so we can find a cure for this horrible illness. T-Shirts and Wristbands are available, you need to put in an order and you can do that by putting a private message in my guestbook and I can get back to you with the details. The reason I do not put my email address up on the site is because of the nasty things which happened earlier in the year and I am a bit scared to put up my email address, so if you are interested in the T-Shirts and Wristbands and it is a legitimate enquiry then please place a private entry in the guestbook and I will get back to you as as soon as I can. Remember there are lots of children out there with Neuroblastoma and I am doing my best to help these kids continue to have a happy life by raising money to find a cure. It doesn't take much to save a child's life and more would be saved if people would give to Neuroblastoma research.

Just to let you know my web site can be seen better on INTERNET EXPLORER - if you use MOZILLA FIRE some of the photo's and writing dosn't come up at good. Thank you for taking the time to visit - please leave me a message in my guest book so I know you have visited.

JAY
www.jaysjourney.org
Sign my Guestbook

View my Guestbook