A sick Christmas for JAY
JAY'S (Smile Mail)
Given IV infusion(Steroid - Dexamethasone)(Metronidazole)
JAY - as a sweet little baby boy (with Santa)
G'DAY to all JAY'S friends and supporters - it is Jays darsly mum writing today as Jay has been very sick the past 3 days and is unable to do his journal. Looks like a sick Christmas for us, but I suppose it is just something we have gotten use to and is part of our life.
JAY - Has had very high temps of over 40 plus, vomiting and has nothing left in his stomach to vomit up anymore. His headaches have been severe and ongoing for the past 3 weeks, and the past 3 days have been knocking him right out. Something I did not think I would ever hear from Jays mouth yesterday as he was laying on the cold bathroom tiles vomiting - he put his head up and looked at me and said "I am sick of being sick" - that broke my heart as I know how strong he is, and how very determined but the road for him has been long and I suppose I can really understand where he is coming from in saying that. To be honest, I am sick of seeing him continuously sick, it truly breaks my heart. So please everyone, say a little prayer for Jay to get better, spending it in hospital is something I am trying very hard to avoid. Taking care of him at home is the best medicine and that is where he wants to be. Today I shall monitor him closely & if he becomes worse it will be off to the hospital. It is Christmas eve here in Australia, hopefully with Santa coming tonight it might cheer Jay up and get him better.
For those of you in Australia - don't forget to buy TAKE 5 magazine on 3rd January 2007 and you will see something very special on JAY
JAY - As he is today - the sweet, special very handsome young man
The photo above was taken at this weeks School Christmas Concert on the bare grass of the school oval. Yes we are in a big drought here in Australia and we are surrounded by bush fires so there is no green grass anywhere to be seen, it is all bare, crunchy, Aussie land. JAY'S mate ( Christopher Gabardi)
As you all know - Jay is a big fan of Medical Emergency which is a live TV show about medical traumas which occur at the Alfred Hospital in Melbourne and Jay got to hang out with the crew a few weeks ago when we were there - well Christopher Gabardi who is an Actor here in Australia and stars on Jays other favorite show All Saints (a medical show) and who is the Voice Over of Medical Emergency delighted Jay with some wonderful gifts and wrote him the most wonderful letter which I was going to scan and put up on the sight but his writing is very small and hard to read so I put up the photo which he has written on for Jay stating - Dear Jay, keep up your amazing work! Your a true champion. Best wishes Christopher Bardi. The letter he wrote stated he was truly amazed at Jays website and will be checking on Jay each and everyday - he has also been invited to spend more time with the crew at the Alfred, so all this put a big smile on his face and I thank you Christopher for cheering Jay up at a time which he is not very well.
JAY (in Red) with his school mates at the Christmas Concert
The kids all got to let their hair down - end of year - end of Primary School and the wonderful School Christmas Concert (of course outdoors - this is Australia it is HOT here).
The very last day at Primary School, the kids had a special assembly to say farewell to all the year 6 students (includes JAY) . This photo is of Jay and his mate Keegan and his sister (so cute) . The kids have worked really hard through out the year, it has been difficult for Jay having so many days away from school due to illness, but he is such a resilient kid and I am so very proud of him getting TOP marks on his end of year report - it could not get any better he is one very smart boy - top marks for every subjects.
A big smile - and relief it is all over for the year -
Just thinking and reflecting on the year that was and is looking forward to starting year 7 at Secondary School in 2007.
I am sorry this is only a very quick - short journal today, but I am sure you all understand. I know I am not as good as the journal things as Jay is but I just wanted to let you all know we appreciated your support and we are so much looking forward to hopefully a better happier 2007.
If you have not visited Jays site before please make sure you read his previous journals and don't forget to drop by the guest book and leave Jay a message, he loves to read them and I am sure at this time they will really lift him up and hopefully make him feel better.
MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone and we will see you all in 2007 - please have a safe - healthy - happy Christmas and know that we are thinking of you all.
*BRON & JAY & SNOWFLAKE*
View my Guestbook


<< Home