HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007
G'DAY it's JAYPlease don't forget all you AUSSIES out there to buy "TAKE 5 MAGAZINE" on Wednesday 3rd January - I can't tell you yet the wonderful surprise I got - it will be revealed in the Take 5 Magazine on the 3rd January (and yes) Shannon Noll has something to do with it.
G'day everyone, I'm back and out of hospital and feeling a lot better. Thank you to all the people who were worried about me and sending lots of nice messages to cheer me up. Christmas did not turn out how we wanted and we had to wait to have Christmas when I got out of hospital, but that's ok. The pictures I put up today are belated Christmas ones taken after Christmas day (oh well). I started to get really sick the week before Christmas, I tried real hard not to be sick but I kept getting sicker. I did not want to be in hospital for Christmas and asked darsly mum to keep me home and take care of me - as she always does. I was vomiting continuously, I had very height temps of over 40 plus, severe headaches, sore stomach, sore throat, my entire body was aching. Darlsy took care of me at home until it got so bad I had to go to the hospital where I had lots of blood tests, X-Rays. Can you believe this - when the doctor finally came over to look at me he pulled up my shirt and he was shocked to see the big scars all over my body - he said OH my what are they from - I said to him I have Neuroblastoma, do you know what he said I could not believe it - he said WHAT (that word I hate) I said I have Neuroblastoma, and you know he did not know what it was. My darsly mum said to him - are you a doctor, he said yes, she then said and you don't' know what Neuroblastoma is - he said NO what is it. Darlsy then if you don't know what it is then you better not touch my son and get a doctor who knows what a serious illness is. Even the Nurse did not now what Neuroblastoma was and I had to explain it to the doctor and the nurse. Darlsy and I could not believe it but it is not the first time we have had to explain it to a doctor.Jay - sick in hospital
After many tests, they were scatching their heads (as they do) and the doctor came and said I have Glandular Fever and Tonsillitis, so they were going to treat me for that. Then he came back and changed his mind and said NO they were not sure if it was that. Then they came back again and said yes I do have Glandular Fever and Tonsillitis (wish they would make up their minds). As my airways were blocked and I could not breath I was given an infusion through an IV to un block my airways and was given other medication through the IV. With the doctors still scrathing their heads, once again they come back and said they are uncertain as to whether or not I have Glandular Fever and Tonsillitis (this changing of minds went on and on). More tests were done and we are still unsure as to what I have (we are very much in the dark) as to my what is causing me to be so sick. Of course the symptoms were treated, but the cause is still not known. This is very frustrating and this type of thing has been going on all year, they treat the symptoms but don't' find the cause. It would be nice to know why I am continuously getting very sick through out 2006 but still no one can pin point anything so I have to continuously get sicker each time. Darlsy said it is like going through the first diagnosis of cancer again, this is how it was when the doctors could not find a cause to my illness and always said OH he will get over it he has just a little cold or something and that little cold they said I had turned out to be Neuroblastoma, so it is very frustrating for darlsy and for me as to why I have been so sick continuously this year - HEY Docs do I have to be half dead again for you to find the cause of my severe headaches, continual vomiting, and many pains.
After being stuck in the hospital - I was starting to feel a little better and no matter what I always had a big smile on the dile (face). I got to watch a DVD on the Starlight Foundation Entertainment Unit which was cool whilst I was having medication put through my IV. As you can see PORKA was also there (my best mate) he goes every where with me and has gone through everything I have over the years. As much as I was still not feeling well, I just wanted to get out of the hospital and go home. Still not knowing if I had Glanduar Fever or Tonsillitis (which in the end they ruled out) we are still non the wiser about why I am so sick and I just wantd to go home. The doc came around and I said to him, I wanna get out of here and go home , he said you have to stay a bit longer, I said I don't want to stay a bit longer I want to go home. Darlsy sits in the corner and says nothing now because she knows I do most of the talking now to the doctors and telling them how I feel and what I want. The doctor looked over at darsly mum and darlsy said don't look at me -Jay can speak for himself and he is telling you he wants to go home. Anyway we had to stay longer and then eventually I was aloud to get out of their, still non the wiser as to what they treated me for. I got home where little Snowflake was waiting for me and I went straight to bed as I was still not 100% but I did not tell the doctor that (ha ha). Darlsy takes care of me great at home and she knows every thing to do and she doesn't poke me with needles all the time. Darsly is going to speak to my Oncology doctor after New Year about me being sick all the time and see what he has to say. Have to wait though because he is on holidays still. Anyway I am feeling better now and I am sorry I worried everyone, I always bounce back, sickness can't keep me down for long.
Some great memories for me in 2006 (the ultimate memory) was meeting SHANNON NOLL and having him as my buddy for the day in Sydney when I received the Young Brave Heart Award. The greatest achievement for me in 2006 was being awarded the Young Brave Heart of the Year Award and also knowing I was recognized for my efforts into not only battling Neuroblastoma but for my efforts into raising awareness of Neuroblastoma and raising money for Research to find a cure for Neuroblastoma.
Reflecting on 2006: - Well I can say it was not the best year I have ever had and darsly mum and I will be glad to say goodbye to 2006 and say hello to 2007 and just hope 2007 will bring good things our way and good health. Over the past year I have made many many wonderful friends who I hold close to my heart. Many of my friends I have never met because you all live so far away from Australia. My friends consist of my little sick friends, the parents of my sick friends, and just normal everyday people who have always supported me and have continually taken the time to check on me and make sure I am ok. To all of you out there, I wish I could write to each and everyone of you, and I wish I could mention everyone's names, but you all know who you all are and your support has meant so much to me and I hope you will all continue to support me in 2007. Being sick for Christmas really put a dampener of darsly and my plans for Christmas but the good thing is I am feeling a lot better and I am going to bounce into 2007. Throughout 2006 I was sick a lot and had many days off school, but still I managed to get top marks in every subject and also I graduated which was a big achievement for me. Also darsly mum had to have major spinal surgery and still to this day she is in so much pain, but she soldiers on and does so many things and she does them all for me and she does them in pain. Just walking for darsly is painful and yes she has been riding a bike (in lots of pain) she did do a run with me (in horrific pain) everything she does is in pain but she never complains because she does it all for me. To the people/persons out there (who know who they are) who have placed nasty things in my guestbook about my darlsy mum - all I can say to you is - get off your butts and get a life because as much pain as my darsly mum is in she can do anything and no she is not aloud to work because she has not been given a clearance from the surgeon to do so. My darsly mum is a Fitness Instructor and the reason she is able to do the things she does after such a major spinal surgery is because she is so fit (for the critic out there) you try having the surgery my darlsy had and try doing the things my darsly does now and I bet you could not do them and I bet you would not be able to work either. Anyone who criticize my darsly mum I will speak out about it because you have no idea what it is like for darsly and me.
PURPOSE: The purpose of my site is because I have had a hard life, this life involves also my darsly mum who has also had a hard life. We tell our life to the world to try and help others see that you can get through tough times and you can survive no matter what. My purpose is to get the awareness out there about Neuroblastoma, to have everyone know what Neuroblastoma is and to hopefully get just one person to donate to Neuroblastoma Research so a cure can be found to this horrible cancer so no other child has to suffer like me and hundreds of others. In 2007 I will continue to seel my T-Shirts and Wristbands for Neuroblastoma Research, I will continue to give hope to others who find it very tough and to let them know you Never Give Up because there is always hope. I will continue to cheer up my little friends who are doing it tough and if I can do that with a simple message then I know I have done a good thing. Lets all get together and do something great in 2007, something for someone else, it a wonderful thing to be able to help someone who is doing it tough and it gives you a great feeling. In 2007 each and everyday give your loved ones a hug, give a stranger a hug, tell you loved ones you love them everyday - it is such a simple thing to do and it costs nothing to do it and it is something you should treasure each and everyday because you don't know what tomorrow will bring. No one knows the future - all we know is when we wake up in the morning we have been given one more day on this earth and you should make the most of each and everyday and live it to the full. For me being given a second chance at life has been a life changing experience for me - please don't take each day for granted because you just never know.
MY FRIENDS: I have a list of friends I would like to wish a happy new year to, they are in no particular order and I am sorry if you don't see you name. I have so many friends I visit and just because you are not on the list doesn't mean I have forgotten about you.
Zoie - Yashar - Summer - Riley - Alex - Kassidy - Julianne - Kira - Karen - Morgan - Megan - Colette - Nic - Jenna - Jacob - Allison - Patty - Stacy - Zac - Jacob - Heather - Brenda - Sammy Joe - McKayla - Kahlilla - Madison - Justin - Preston - Grace - Brody - Joseph - Weston - Dalton - Justin - Olivia - Faith - Hanna - Kaitlyn - Gwendolyn - Camilia - Christamae - Tyler - Alex - Dylan - Phillip - Christopher - Lenzie - Hazen - Damien - Mia - Fraser - Lisa - MaKenzie - Cole (and so many many more I wish you all the Happiest New Year and my wish for you all is for you all to get better and have a healthy 2007)
My Angel Friends to the families of: Emily - Navada - Caleb - Kadin - Tyler - Skyler - Linda (I know this has not been a good year for you but you have all taken the time to always check on me and that means so very much to me.
"HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE"
PLEASE HAVE A SAFE AND HEALTHY 2007
KEEP A SMILE ON YOUR DILE (Face) ALWAYS
AND NEVER GIVE UP - GIVING UP IS NOT AN OPTION
SEE YOU ALL IN 2007
JAY - BRON - SNOWFLAKE
View my Guestbook



<< Home