JAY - V'8s & my friend Karen
""It is my DARSLY MUMS BIRTHDAY""
29TH SEPTEMBER
G'day everyone - The past week was a great on because the V8 SUPERCARS were in town, and you all know how much I love the V8'S and all my driving mates. My V8 mates gave me VIP passes to Sandown (which is only 10 minutes down the road from where we live. I was not going to miss seeing all my mates and the cars especially when it is so close to home. I don't get to go to many of the races because they are held all over Australia, so when it is on your back door step you jump at the chance to go. I also got to hang out with my great mate KAREN who I know you all visit on her caringbridge page. The day before the V8'S I was not feeling very well and I thought I might not be able to go, but I got better had a great time with my darsly mum. This is my best mate Craig Lowndes (he ended up Winning the race). Craig is a great guy and always has lots of time for me and for my darsly mum. This time darsly wanted to be in the photos. Darsly said that we have so many photos of Craig and the other drivers with Jay and darsly is never in them, so this time she wanted to be in the photos so the Media Manager Cole he took the one's with Darsly in them.
"JAY - James Courtney - DARLSY MUM" This is my V8 Mate James Courtney - he is also a great guy who always has lots of time for me and invites me to look at the car in the garage. James is going to be on the show "Dancing with the Stars" so he is going from V8 Supercar driver to becoming a dancer. He said he has been training 5 days a week with his dancing partner and is feeling really fit (but a little sore) because he is using the muscles in a different way. James said he is enjoying dancing. I gave James one of my wrist bands and he put it on straight away (my wrist band is the same color as James car) I think that's cool. "JAY - Russell Ingall 
My mate Russell Ingall was there as well and stopped for a chat - as busy as the guys are getting ready for the race, they always made time for me and have a chat.
This is me (JAY) Darlsy mum and MAX WILSON - he drives the WOW car. Me and darsly mum we look very tall don't we - it's just that MAX is very small and it was funny because when I compared the photo from last year, I was only up to MAX'S shoulder and now I am taller than him. Max said "everyone is taller than me". Max use to be a formula 1 driver and you have to be little to get into those cars. MAX is a great guy, funny too.
This is me and GREG MURPHY, who also remembered me and had time to have a chat. Greg is great, he does a lot for Camp Quality.
I became the Channel 7 Reporter (I have the microphone in my hand). This guy is the best sports reporters (especially when it comes to V8 Supercars). This is Mark Beretta and he saw me and stopped for a chat and told me to hold the microphone so it looked like I was doing something important. Again Darsly mum was not going to miss out so she got in the photo as well.
You saw MAX WILSON before - well this is the "WOW" truck which carries MAX'S V8 Supercars around and all the gear they need. Not only does it carry cars but also has a kitchen, and lots of other really cool stuff inside. The trucks are huge.
JAY - DARSLY MUM & MY BEST MATE KAREN
I would like to tell you about KAREN and set a few things straight. Karen is my mate, she lives in Australia not far from me and we see each other when we can. It is hard from Karen, she is in a wheelchair she has Cerebral Palsy and lots of other problems, but these problems do not stop her from doing the things she loves, and Karen loves the V8 Supercars. What I have to set straight is that there are lots of people out there who have not been that nice to Karen and they don't believe her when she tells them that JAY is my best mate. People have been saying that Karen makes it up that she knows me and I am here to say HEY - KAREN is my best mate, we do know each other, we spent what time we can together and we spent lots of time together at the V8 SUPERCARS and Karen had the best time. So for those un-believers out there - you better start believing because Karen and I are mates and always will be and I will not stand for anyone putting my mate down.
It was great to see Karen with a big smile on the dile - we got a front row position in the Grand Stand for Karen so she could sit in her wheel chair. Last year we had to carry Karen up 5 flights of stairs which was a hard task, so darsly mum and I made sure we got the front seat in the stands so Karen could just sit in her wheel chair next to us. (cool hey). Karen looks nice and snuggled up that is because it was very windy on this day and a little cold so we snuggled her up in her blanket to keep here warm.
The race had just finished - we all had a great time, and I am just about to take Karen for a spin around the track (LOL).
Off we go - Hold on Karen, down the ramp we went. Karen didn't mind, she held on tight and I spun her around, and in and out of obstacles, I was pretending she was a V8 Supercar (lol), she was having fun and enjoyed me pushing her around even though I was going very fast I was being very careful. 
The following day after the V8's I got a day off school because "CAPTAIN JOHN" a pilot with Qantas (the one who took me in the flight simulator) he rang and asked if I wanted to see around the Airport and go on an International plane while it was sitting on the tarmac. WELL of course I was not going to say no to this invite. This Qantas plane in the picture, I was going to go on that one, but John was held up in a meeting and just as he ran down to International this plane was boarding, so I did not get to go on it. But that's OK, John has arranged a time for me on the second week of the school holidays. I had never been in International before (never been over seas before) and you don't get to go in International unless you are going on a flight. It was great and I got to see things others would not see.
"JAY flying Qantas plane"
After seeing the International planes, Captain John took me to Domestic and took me onto a Qantas plane waiting at the terminal. It had not boarded yet and John took me down the tunnel and onto the plane and showed me all around it and I got to sit at the controls.
It was time to get off the plane because it was about to board - this is the doorway of the Qantas flight which was about to fly to Sydney. Captain John showed me around other parts of the Airport which only staff are allowed. Darlsy and I had to get a special PASS made up. I got to see behind the scenes where all the luggage goes and other places I can't talk about, places you would never know were there. It was so cool, we spent 3 hours at the Airport and Captain John is so cool and said I can come to the Airport anytime.
APPOINTMENTS: I have to go and see my Oncology doctor PETER on the 8th October to discuss lots of things regarding my scan result which stated I have Consistent Stable Disease on the Spine at T10-T11-T12. Not sure what we are going to do about it - maybe nothing, maybe I just have to let it sit there like a ticking time bomb and hope that it doesn't explode. So until I see him I can't really tell you any news there.
SCHOOL HOLIDAYS: It is school holidays here again in Melbourne & most of Australia for the next 2 weeks. I am going away on a special trip (can't tell you what it is), I will tell all when I get back in a week or so, with lots of pictures and stories to tell. So until I get back, take care everyone, live life to the full, treasure every moment you have and I will see you all when I get back.
REMEMBER: Life is a journey and we all tackle our journeys in different ways, some people have it easy and not get any illnesses others like me and lots of my friends we have to struggle a bit harder. But not matter how hard our journey is, you tackle it head on and you stay positive and strong, you make the most of everyday you have, you live life to the full and you NEVER GIVE UP.
"JAY"
View my Guestbook





<< Home