JAY'S JOURNEY (NEUROBLASTOMA)

G'DAY MY NAME IS " JAY " I'M 13 YEARS OLD & LIVE IN AUSTRALIA WITH MY DARSLY MUM,DOG SNOWFLAKE & MY MATE PORKA. "I HAVE NEUROBLASTOMA - IT DOSNT HAVE ME" I WANT TO RAISE AWARENESS OF NEUROBLASTOMA SO WE CAN FIND A CURE SO NO OTHER CHILDREN LIKE ME HAVE TO SUFFER I HOPE I CAN INSPIRE EVERYONE TO HELP ME FIND A CURE & SPRED THE WORD ABOUT "NEUROBLASTOMA & ME". STRENGTH - COURAGE - DETERMINATION - HOPE & INSPIRATION CANCER IS NOT KILLING ME - IT IS PUSHING ME TO LIVE.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Jay - Surviving

JAY'S (Smile mail) sent to
P.O. Box 2075
Fountain Gate 3805
Melbourne - Victoria - Australia

Newsflash: For those who live in my area, I will be in the BERWICK NEWS PAPER again this week Wednesday 28th Feb or Thursday 1st March - can't remember what day it comes out. Don't worry I will share it with everyone and paste it up on my site.

G'day all my special friends and supporters. Sorry for the long delay in doing an update for you. It has been so very hot here in Melbourne and being on the computer is that last thing on my mind at the moment. Not only the days have been hot but also the nights and without Airconditioning in the house (WO) it is like living in an oven, so I have stayed away from the computer. I have also had lots of nose bleeds and headaches, so that is another reason as to why I have not been around, but trying to not let them bring me down and getting on with life and living each day to the full and having fun with a smile on my dile. The photo's I have put up this time are of our fun day at LUNA PARK in Melbourne put on by CHALLENGE supporting kids with CANCER they are another cancer support group I am with which helps to make us cancer kids lives a bit more enjoyable. We got to go to Luna Park and have as much fun as we wanted to, and go on as many rides as we wanted as many times as we wanted to. It was a fun day which was on Sunday 25th Feb and I took my mate Keegan with me. It was great because I got to meet up with some of my other Cancer buddies, and they were doing great.

My mate Luke: Before I go onto the rest of my journal, I have a little mate named Luke - he has Neuroblastoma and will be having his tumor removed on Tuesday 27th Feb, so could you all please think of Luke on this very difficult day for not only him but also his parents. I met up with Luke on the weekend at Luna Park, he was having so much fun just like me, and this is where I tell people, do not ever perceive others such as myself and say OH you don't look sick, us sick kids can still have lots of fun, and there you go, look at Luke, he was running around, had a big smile on the dile, was laughing and two days later has to have a tumor removed. So all of those who sit home feeling sorry for yourselves, please get up and live life, doesn't matter what you have, how sick you are, you can still enjoy life and live it to the max. So lets get behind Luke, cheer him on TUESDAY 27th is LUKE DAY - we should be all pulling him through this surgery, and giving him lots of preys for him to pull through and for the doctors to come out and say YEP we got it all and no more Neuroblastoma. GO LUKE - you can do it mate.

My mate Shannon: My mate Shannon Noll, really is a true fair dinkum mate and always checks up on me - he is always thinking of me and talking about me. The Australian Girls Cricket team are now on my side because of Shannon and are my number on supporters (thanks girls) I will be emailing you soon. Shannons wonderful mum rang the other night, she is so funny, just like Shannon and was passing on messages from Shannon to me. Shannon is away and he is still concerned about me and makes sure his mum checks up on me while he is away. She told me and darsly mum lots of stories about Shannon when he was little and told us all about what he is doing at the moment (some things are a secret) can't tell. We spoke to his mum for about an hour and she said as soon as Shannon gets home he will call and have a bit long chat, so I cant' wait for that.

My darsly mum & me JAY at Luna Park

It was a beautiful Hot day and I was so excited to be going to Luna Park. It is not that far from where we live in Melbourne and is situated at St.Kilda Beach, a beautiful part of Melbourne. Luna Park is an amusement park, with lots of rides, roller coaster and the new attraction called PRISON BREAK and that was scary. Darsly mum is a big chicken, she doesn't go on anything, the only thing she goes on is the Merry Go Round (LOL). She is scared of heights and she gets vertigo, so she can't go on them anyway, so she sits back and watches me have fun and takes all the photo's.
Jay & Keegan at entrance of Luna Park

The above photo is the entrance to Luna Park, the big mouth and that is me on the right and my friend Keegan on the left. Everyone say's we look like brothers. Everywhere we go, someone always says to us "ARE YOU BROTHERS", I say No we are just good mates.

Jay (feeling a little sick)

Another Hot day here in Melbourne, the heat gets to me a bit (no it's not the rides), I get very hot and start to feel dizzy and get headaches and it makes me feel very sick. I was trying not to feel sick, but I had to sit down (I threw up) and had a really bad headache. Don't worry I will be ok - I am use to the headaches.

Look at me (JAY & Keegan) on roller coaster
That's us, right at the front - what a good shot darlsy mum - just as we were coming over the hill. So cool on the roller coaster. When we are right up the top we can see all over Melbourne, it's a great sight to see.
JAY (on pirate ship)
Now this is fun, I like the pirate ship, and Keegan and I went on it about 6 times. It is a pirate ship which swings back and forward and it goes up really high - it is like a big swing.
Jay & Keegan (on roller coaster)
YEP we are up the front on the roller coaster, the best place to be because you see everything first. Check out the lady behind - she was funny and I have another photo of her putting bunny ears up behind our heads.
Jay & Keegan (Ice cream time)
Its hot work going on all these rides, so of course we needed an Ice cream, it sure did make me feel a bit better as well.
Jay & Keegan (on Ferris Wheel)

We had a great view on the Roller Coaster, well the Ferris Wheel was even higher and we stopped at the top and could see for miles and miles all over Melbourne. We had the best time at Luna Park, I was so glad I could take my friend Keegan with me because usually I have to do everything on my own as I don't have any brothers or sisters, so it was nice to share the things I can do with my friend Keegan seeing darsly mum is such a sooky la la when it comes to going on all the rides. (LOL). We had a really big day and it was time to go home and we were all exhausted by the time we got home (it was an early night for us).

My Health: As I said earlier, the past few weeks I have had a lot of trouble with headaches and nose bleeds. Yes they are very annoying, frustrating, but I try very hard not to let them bring me down for too long. People don't see the behind the scenes, I always like to portray the always happy, smiling, energetic side of me, but behind the scenes it is tough some days, not only for me but also for my darlsy mum who has devoted her life in keeping me alive. When I get sick, it hurts darsly inside, I know that, I try very hard not to get sick, but it doesn't always happen that way. You all see the wonderful side, because I want to show people that illness cannot stop you from living your life, it cannot stop you from having fun, it cannot stop you from living your dreams, it cannot stop you from smiling. Even on bad days, I smile, but please remember I don't always have great days, none of us cancer kids have great days everyday, but when we do, we like to make the most of it and show that cancer cannot bring us down. For those who have never lived the cancer life - please don't judge me by looking at me and saying the words OH you don't look sick (something I really hate), none of us kids look sick, we are just normal every day kids, we love to run, play, smile and have fun just like the next kid, but we do have an illness - it doesn't show on the outside - we are sick on the inside and believe me we have many really tough hard days in our life. As I said, those people out there who have not traveled the cancer journey have no idea as to what it is like behind the scenes, the day in the life of a cancer child is tough, is rough, it has many hurdles, it is just like being on a roller coaster, we have great up days, and then we have bad down days, and we don't know when it is going to happen. I have lived many days cooped up in a hospital but I can still have fun in hospital, so many things to do and the doctors are great and make sure we always keep a smile on our diles.So if any of you out there are having a bad day, those who don't have cancer, please don't wine about your bad day, think about the kids like me who really do have something to wine about (BUT WE DON'T) we get on with out life, we fight hard to stay alive each and everyday, there are always worse off than you. I consider myself the luckiest boy in the world because I have been given a second chance at life - so of course I am going to make the most of it, even though I still have many tough days to get through. I still have a spot which sits on my Spinal cord at T-11 - T12 - I could easily get very sick very quickly, I don't know if this will happen, but I don't waste my days thinking about what might be. I have like what I call a time bomb sitting inside me (in-operable), a time bomb waiting to explode, or a time bomb which will sit there dormant and not annoy me every again. I hope it will never annoy me again, but I just don't know. There are no guarantees about anything, doctors can't give guarantees', but I sure as hell don't believe in those percentages they give out to us kids (I have defied all of those percentages) and don't believe in them at all.

LIFE IS MY REWARD

The medals on our chests Are broviacs for meds Helmets won't stay on Cause no hair is on our heads.
Our weapons of destruction We take every day We fight the battle within us While we struggle on to play.
We fight with honor and courage No Marine could do as well We are only children Living in this hell.
So bring on the medals The purple hearts of wars The gold cross, the silver star To place upon our scars.
For we are the children of cancer No one has fought so hard But every day we struggle on Our LIFE is our REWARD!

NEUROBLASTOMA: It is a horrible cancer, it is an aggressive cancer, it is what I describe as a little PAC MAC nibbling it's way through my body, and many other kids like me, but hey kids, it ain't gonna get you because you are not going to let it get you. This cancer has no cure, I want to find a cure, we can only do that by people donating to Neuroblastoma research, whether it be over seas or here in Australia, all the kids around the world need help to stay alive, and I want everyone to take the time to donate - it doesn't have to be a big amount, every bit counts towards a cure, and by doing so you will know in your heart you have contributed to saving the life of a cancer child just like me.

My Friends: I have not forgotten any of you, I think of you all each and everyday. This week I am making the time to come visit as many of you as possible. I hope you are all doing ok, and you all remember YOU NEVER GIVE UP - GIVING UP IS NOT AN OPTION - BELIEVE IN YOUR DREAMS and Keep a SMILE ON THE DILE (face) always.

My Web Site: Something new is on the way - another big secret of mine you will all just have to wait and see. But it is coming soon - when you all log on to my site one day soon you will all get a big surprise. Please dont forget to stop by my guest book and leave me a message, I love to recieve wonderful messages, they always cheer me up lots.

****JAY****

***JAY'S JOURNEY***

Sign my Guestbook

View my Guestbook