JAY'S JOURNEY (NEUROBLASTOMA)

G'DAY MY NAME IS " JAY " I'M 13 YEARS OLD & LIVE IN AUSTRALIA WITH MY DARSLY MUM,DOG SNOWFLAKE & MY MATE PORKA. "I HAVE NEUROBLASTOMA - IT DOSNT HAVE ME" I WANT TO RAISE AWARENESS OF NEUROBLASTOMA SO WE CAN FIND A CURE SO NO OTHER CHILDREN LIKE ME HAVE TO SUFFER I HOPE I CAN INSPIRE EVERYONE TO HELP ME FIND A CURE & SPRED THE WORD ABOUT "NEUROBLASTOMA & ME". STRENGTH - COURAGE - DETERMINATION - HOPE & INSPIRATION CANCER IS NOT KILLING ME - IT IS PUSHING ME TO LIVE.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

It's tough but Shannon keeps me going

***
JAY'S (Smile Mail)
P.O. Box 2075
Fountain Gate 3805
Melbourne - Victoria - Australia
***

Please everyone in AUSTRALIA - Bone marrow donors are urgently needed - if it were not for Bone Marrow Donation I would not be here today - so please know that when you donate to the bone marrow registry you are saving the life of a child liKe me.
***

G'DAY it's JAY
The Survivor Movie(Who I am a True Survivor)


G'day all my friends - it's been a week or so since I have done an up date, sorry about that but being school holidays still here in Australia and being the last week we have had a few things happening and also trying to get all my school things ready for the start of New School Year down under. See the photo above that is my new school uniform (starting Secondary school year 7 in on Wednesday 31st January) and I cant' wait to go back to school.
The weather here has been very hot and this week we got a little bit of relief with a couple of cooler days.
Friday 26th was Australia Day here, where we celebrate everything Australian and what it means to us and I am a very proud Australian and I know we live in the best Country in the world - I am proud to call Australia Home.
During the holidays I have not done a lot of things but have managed to put in a few good things in between tackling my headaches and leg pain and being sick. It doesn't get me down for too long and I get out and try to make the most of everyday.
People say to me how can you go out and ride a bike, run, go to beach and always have a smile when you don't feel well. I answer that by saying I do all that because I CAN, just because you have an illness doesn't mean you stop living your life - I have a saying: -
***
"YOU DON'T HAVE TO ACHIEVE EXTRAORDINARY THINGS"
"GETTING THROUGH THE DAY IS AN AMAZING FEAT IN IT'S SELF"
***
I believe you can get through anything in life no matter what the challenge and that is what I do every day of my life because I have been given a second chance at life even though it is tough I do my best each day to get through that day and I am very proud I can do that and if that is Riding my bike, running, rollerblading, playing with my friends, swimming then I will do it and I wont let anyone tell me I can't because I CAN. Also my darsly mum has the same determination and strength I have in life, there was someone out there who criticized my Darsly mum and said well if you have had spinal surgery then why can you ride a bike and do other things. Well I say to that person that my darsly mum also does things because she can and she also does them whilst in a lot of pain and she does them for me. If you are going to sit back and let an injury an illness bring you down, then it will, if you have a positive attitude and you are strong and determined then you can achieve anything. Most people who have had a major spinal surgery like my amazing darsly mum would probably be sitting back feeling sorry for them selves, we don't believe in doing that, we get out and we push beyond the boundaries and I am proud of my darsly mum, she is so determined - she is doing things that the average person would not be doing and she is walking, something the surgeons said is amazing in itself. We are very close darsly and me and we help each other through all the tough times we have, we have a positive outlook on life and we love to defy everything doctors say we can't do - we like to prove we can do it. I also on many days have a lot of pain, but I push through it and I don't let it bring me down. The tough times me and darsly go through are not seen by others but they are there, but with the love we have and the determination we both have we always get on with it with a smile each and everyday. To those out there who are sitting back feeling sorry for yourself, just remember it doesn't have to be that way - if a doctor says you can't do something then you get out there and you prove them wrong because it can be done no matter what.
**Cancer is my secret** because none close friends have have come close to death and it makes you look at the world in a different light and if you ever get a second chance in life you have to go all the way and make the most of it.
***
When I am sick I don't want to die & I don't want to lose at anything
Dying and losing are the same thing
IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN TO ME
***
Visit Shannon Noll & you can hear all his wonderful songs
My mate Shannon, he keeps me going - when I am sick I listen to his music and I think of the time he spent with me and the wonderful gift he gave me and he makes me feel so much better. Each time I play my drums I think of what a wonderful person Shannon is. There definitely are not many celebrities out there like Shannon.
I know it is hard for people to understand why meeting someone like Shannon means so much to me - the only way I can answer that is to say - if you have ever had to fight for your life, if you have ever been close to dying, if you have ever fought so hard agains cancer then you would understand why a person like Shannon means so much to me. Shannon is my HERO who I have followed from day one on Australian Idol, from that day Shannon never changed, he was always a down to earth person (with all the fame he has now) he is still that wonderful down to earth person and if it was not for his music I don't know how I would have got through some very tough times and then getting to meet him that was the highlight of my life and I know I will always have a friend in Shannon. For a kid with cancer like me, getting to meet your hero means a lot (I got to meet mine) but a lot of kids don't get that opportunity. So for those of you out there who don't have cancer and have not experienced it at all in your life - please know us kids go through a lot and we deserve just a bit of excitement in our life because we may never get that opportunity again. Shannon you are my best mate & my HERO.

Me (Jay & Darlsy mum)
During the holidays between headaches and sickness I got to have some great fun with my darsly mum. Yep - me joking around again. Darlsy and I were having a day at the beach and I stuck a Milky way chocolate bar in my mouth (darsly did not know) and got someone to take a photo of us - HA HA got you again darsly - poor darsly, she wanted a nice photo and I did this to the photo (pretty cool though he) and funny. So if you are wondering what is in my mouth - don't fear - it is CHOCOLATE
ME (JAY & DARSLY MUM) going on a bike ride

On Australia Day the sun was shining so Darlsy and I went for a bike ride along the track near where we live. (Darlsy mum had just a little break because her back was hurting a bit so I took a photo). The bike track where we live goes for kilometers so it is a great ride and darsly and I had lots of fun.

Me (JAY and my wonderful dog Snowflake)

My dog Snowflake is the world to me and I don't know what I will do without her. She is tiny and cute and the best medicine in the world. She plays with me lots of games - she is like having a brother (as I don't have any brothers or sisters) I play lots of games with Snowflake.
Who are these two CLOWNS
It's me (JAY & my mate Keegan)


We had just been on a day out with "CAMP QUALITY" - we went to IMAX theatre to see OPEN SEASON in 3D. It was great and so funny. We also got to go to the Museum. We got these silly clown hats so being the clowns we are we put them on (Hope it makes you laugh a bit) . I don't take life to seriously, I like to joke around and laugh and have fun - that is what life is all about and you should all try it some say because LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE.

My WRISTBANDS/T-SHIRTS Thank you so much to all the people in AUSTRALIA who are buying my wristbands it means a lot to me because raising money for NEUROBLASTOMA research and finding a cure means everything to me. Having to battle NEUROBLASTOMA is a nightmare and we can only stop this cancer if we can find a cure so no more children have to suffer. To explain to those out there what it is like to battle this monster - well I the way I describe it is it is like having a little PAC MAN inside you eating away at you very fast and very aggressively and this little Pac Man needs to be stopped because it is killing too many innocent lives. My way of helping is to sell my wristbands and T - Shirts. I am running low on stock and will be ordering more (as it costs me and my darsly) to have more made we do that with our own money (even though it is difficult) we want to get the awareness out there and sell as many as we can - so the more orders we get the more we can raise and we are one step closer to finding a cure and one step closer to saving a life like mine.

For those of you in Australia only

Wristbands - $5.00 each plus $5.oo postage

Adult T - Shirts - $30.oo each plus $5.00 postage

Kids T - Shirts - $25.oo each plus $5.00 postage

Payment by Money Order - made out to JAY BULL (T-Shirt/Wristband)

P.O. BOX 2075 Fountain Gate 3805 - Melbourne - Victoria - Australia

All money raised by me selling my T-Shirts and Wristbands and me also doing Try Athlons - goes to NEUROBLASTOMA RESEARCH to find a cure so no more children like me have to suffer.

Thank you to all my supporters - I love you all - please know that your support means a lot to me and it gets me through those bad days when I don't feel so good. You see the smiling happy person and I always try to be like that each day - but you don't see the behind the scenes and I am sure that only parents with kids with cancer know what I am talking about. Not every day is a good day, but I try to make it good no matter what - please you all do the same. NEVER GIVE UP - GIVING UP IS NOT AN OPTION and keep a SMILE ON THE DILE (face) every day.

I have some great things to tell you all during the week - and I am looking forward telling you all about my first day at Secondary School. This weekend 3rd January I am running in the TRY ATHLON so I will be telling you all about that and some other great things.

Please don't for get to go visit my Guest Book and leave me a message, I love to receive nice messages it really makes my day and it is nice to know you visited.

**JAY**

Sign my Guestbook

View my Guestbook