JAY'S JOURNEY (NEUROBLASTOMA)

G'DAY MY NAME IS " JAY " I'M 13 YEARS OLD & LIVE IN AUSTRALIA WITH MY DARSLY MUM,DOG SNOWFLAKE & MY MATE PORKA. "I HAVE NEUROBLASTOMA - IT DOSNT HAVE ME" I WANT TO RAISE AWARENESS OF NEUROBLASTOMA SO WE CAN FIND A CURE SO NO OTHER CHILDREN LIKE ME HAVE TO SUFFER I HOPE I CAN INSPIRE EVERYONE TO HELP ME FIND A CURE & SPRED THE WORD ABOUT "NEUROBLASTOMA & ME". STRENGTH - COURAGE - DETERMINATION - HOPE & INSPIRATION CANCER IS NOT KILLING ME - IT IS PUSHING ME TO LIVE.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Never Give up - I did it for Shannon

JAY'S (Smile Mail)
P.O.Box 2075
Fountain Gate 3805
Melbourne - Victoria - Australia
***

***
My mate Shannon Noll

G'DAY it's JAY

The Survivor Movie(Who I am a True Survivor)


G'day all my friends - well again sorry for a late update, it is just getting a bit harder to up date continually because I am now back at school and have lots of homework, but I will attempt to update each week.

I am still so excited about SHANNON NOLL calling me on the phone - I was not expecting it, but Darlsy mum knew that Shannon was going to call. What a wonderful person he is to think of me and care about me all the time and to take the time to call me just made my heart race (and also Darlsy mums) because she said he is such a great looking guy and has a great personality to go with it (LOL). Shannon was in Melbourne the other day, he had to fly down because he has a sick relative - he needed to go see before he flew over to America, and as soon as Shannon got back to Sydney the first thing he did was call me. The day before Shannon rang, Shannons beautiful mum rang to say hello and check up on me. Darsly spoke to her for a long time and Mrs. Noll said we can call her any time at all to talk about anything and just chat because now Shannon is in America she said she needs someone to talk to because she worries about Shannon going over seas. The entire NOLL family are wonderful and I am so glad to be able to say they are my very good friends. So all you Americans out there look out for SHANNON NOLL he is in your country right now (but you can't keep him) he is Australian and we need him here.

On the weekend I participated in the Weet-Bix Kids TRY ATHLON - the same one I did last year - and I am so proud of myself for completing it again. It was a very hot day in Melbourne on Sunday 4th Feb, but I was not going to let the heat get to me. Darlsy and I drove to St.Kilda where the Try Athlon was held, we got there early to get the bike checked in and checked over to make sure it was ok to ride and also get my number on my arm.

Shannon Noll (my mate) (my Idol) got me through the Try Athlon and I did it for Shannon. I know he is proud of me and I say his song DON'T GIVE UP all the way - there is no way I was going to give up - because my saying is always Giving up is not an Option.

JAY - I did it for you Shannon

I KNOW HOW HARD IT CAN GET - YOU GOTTA LIFT

I KNOW THAT I AM HERE TODAY - ALIVE TODAY BECAUSE I NEVER GIVE UP

The above photo was after I had completed the TRY ATHLON - I was tired and hot but I got over that line. I had to Swim - Bike - Run further than last year because I went up in age group, but that was ok - it was easy.



Above is after I had completed the Try Athlon standing on the podium with my medal

It was tiring, I had lots of sweat dripping off me - a banana and a drink soon put back the energy.


PAIN is TEMPORARY - QUITTING is FOREVER

Above - look at me go - I am nearly over the finish line, sprinting with every bit of energy left that I can find in my body to get across the line.


GIVING UP IS NOT AN OPTION

Above - Just finished the SWIM section and running up from the beach to the BIKE change over, it was an easy swim and was excited to get to the bike.


Above - This was just before the start of the SWIM - I was just lining up as we had to be briefed on the race - the organizers letting us know of all the safety aspects and letting us know that there are life guards in the water incase we get into trouble (but it did not happen to me) I got through the entire race no problems at all.

Above - Very proud of my achievement with a big SMILE ON THE DILE holding my certificate of Congratulations.

Above - We were on the way to treat ourselves to McDonald's when we saw the SILVER man just out side the fun park LUNA PARK - we were trying to make him laugh - he didn't move - my darlsy was joking around and doing here best to make him atleast smile and she did, and all of a sudden he moved and handed me an Academy award so darsly took a photo (cool hey)

Above - My very first day at Secondary school with my mates (left Luke)(middle Keegan)(right its me Jay). The first day was a hard day because I got bullied. But darlsy mum soon went to the school and fixed it and guess what (Shannon said that if they bully again he would come down and make sure it doesn't happen again). My first week of school was great, I have great teachers and it is very different from Primary School. The second week all the homework started coming home but I find it to be easy and getting it all done. It is the end of the week and a weekend coming up, not sure what we are doing this weekend but I will let you all know on my next journal.

To my friends - Please remember that you can do anything. I did the TRY ATHLON for Shannon - I wanted him to be very proud of me. I SWAM because I can - I RODE because I can - I RAN because I can and to show that no matter what you go through in life, no matter how tough things can be, if you put your mind, body and soul to it, you can achieve anything you want in life. I am so tired of some people out there saying gee how can you do a TRY ATHLON - well I say WHY NOT, just because you have an illness doesn't mean you have to sit around and feel sorry for yourself - you make the most of life. Being diagnosed with cancer doesn't always mean it's the end - you have to fight - you have to be positive - you have to be strong and you must NEVER GIVE UP - and you must never let anyone tell you that you can't do something. Being wrapped in cotton wool is not the way to go - you show Cancer who is the boss, you don't let it take control, you control Cancer and you can win. Do all the things you did before, sometimes they might seem a bit harder but you can still do them. Without Belief we would be left with overwhelming doom each and everyday - and it will beat you if you let it and if you don't believe. I know why people fear Cancer (because it is a slow and inevitable death, it is the very definition of cynicism and loss of Spirit.

"SO I BELIEVED & I NEVER GIVE UP"

"THOSE OF US WHO ARE TRULY BRAVE"

"SHALL NEVER LIVE IN FEAR"

Thank you to all the people who have sent me smile mail and some Valentine gifts , I appreciate them very much and have all my wonderful letters put in a special book because they are from my very special friends.

Please make sure you visit my Guest Book and leave me a message because I love to know you have visited and love to read the wonderful messages they really make me SMILE.



**JAY**

WWW.JAYSJOURNEY.ORG

Sign my Guestbook

View my Guestbook