
JAY'S (mailbag)
P.O. Box 2075
Fountain Gate 3805
Melbourne-Victoria-Australia
***
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SPECIAL BOY"
24th May 2007 - Happy 12th Birthday my special boy - each birthday is such a milestone, each birthday is more and more special - you are my strength and my inspiration and you deserve all great things that come your way. For those who know you and have met you they know exactly what an inspirational young man you are - and you light up a room when ever you are in it, you have an infectious smile and you just love life and you do live it to the full each and everyday. I would be lost without you my special boy because you have made my life so much better because you are a part of it. I know you had the best brithday whilst we were away and you had so much fun which you deserved. I am very - very proud of you and love you so very much.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
lots of love
Darsly mum
G'day it's JAY
"LIFE IS A DARING ADVENTURE - OR NOTHING"
'My 12th Birthday is on 24th May'
G'day all my wonderful friends and supporters out there, sorry again it has been a few weeks since doing a journal, but I can't do one every week and sometimes it is nice to just wait and have a few things to talk about. First I will say I am so excited because I go to Queensland on Tuesday 22nd May , I will be away until the 28th May and looking forward to having a wonderful time and telling you all about it when I arrive back home. This trip will also include The Tour De Cure launch on the 28th from Brisbane to Sydney (the first leg of their ride) . Also included on my trip away will be an interview with the "New Idea Magazine" , so I will let you all know as to which issue that will be in, New Idea is a weekly magazine. I have never been to Queensland before and looking forward to doing all the wonderful things which have been planned for me over the week. Me and darsly mum leave on the 9am Qantas flight on Tuesday morning (so I will see you all when I get back late night on the 28th). Whilst I am away I will also be celebrating my 12th Birthday on the 24th May , a real special day for me and for my darsly mum (it is a milestone) well for me it is - for someone who fights, battles, survives Neuroblastoma, all birthdays are a big achievement and I am very proud of myself to be able to say I am 12.
Tour De Cure Gang
ABOVE is one of the articles the New Idea Magazine have done on the guys in the Tour De Cure , these guys and girls are giving up their time to raise lots of money for a Cure to Cancer, so those of you in Australia, if you see all these guys passing your town please make sure you make a donation - or go to their website which is www.tourdecure.com.au and make a donation or sponsor a rider. I am so proud to be part of the Tour De Cure team and can't wait to send them off from Brisbane on the 28th May. PILOT "JAY"
On Mothers day, my wonderful Darsly mum didn't think of herself, again she thought of me and knowing how much I love PLANES and how much I want to be a pilot she took me to one of our local Airports - Moorabbin Airport to see some planes. We went there just thinking we would just look through the fence and watch the planes take off and land but darsly drove through the gates and stopped out side one of the offices and she said to me, come on we will go in and ask what you have to be to get your pilot licence. The man we spoke to was really nice and he sat down with me a explained everything to me about the courses I need to do, and the subjects I need to study at school. Of course I can't start learning until I am 15 years of age, but it is only 3 years to wait and I am so excited and can't wait to be a pilot. My aim is to be a pilot for Qantas, but I know that will take alot of study, and a lot of years before I can fly an international plane (I will be in my 30s I think). The man then said, would you like to come and look at the plane I fly (of course I said yes). He took me and darsly out on to the Airfield and to the PIPER plane he flies and he let me sit in the pilot seat and he explained all the controls. I do know alot about planes, I read a lot of plane books and I have flight simulator on the computer but it was nice to be able to see the controls for real (it was so cool).
JAY in the Piper
It was a beautiful sunny day & I was having the best day ever (I just love planes). I am already tall enough, I can reach all the foot pedals and can see over the steering wheel but I have to wait another 3 years (grrrrrr). I did not want to get out of the plane. As I was sitting in the plane, there were lots of planes taking off and landing, they were all practicing their take offs and landings it was so cool to watch.
Jay (an old Australian Airline)
At Moorabbin Airport there is an old Airplane Museum and darsly asked if I wanted to go and have a look at all the old planes - of course I wanted to so off we went. WOW all these old planes, darsly said now now don't say they are too old, the one I am standing next to the OLD Ansett plane, darsly mum said she had been on that (I laughed), it was so old inside. Ansett Airlines no longer exists in Australia, they went out of action a long time ago, and the old planes they don't use go to the museum (So I guess my darsly mum is a museum piece)(lol)
JAY - Outside the museum


Above is me Jay standing outside the Airplane Museum & also standing next to one of the Old Australian Military planes - it was so nice of darsly mum to give up here Mothers day to take me.
JAY - (All aboard)
I got to go inside the big Ansett Plane - darlsy mum came in with me and she felt sick, it did feel funny even though we were not flying - it felt really strange and I even began to feel a bit sick. Darsly said, I don't know how we ever went up in these rust bucket planes (lol). There were no seats in the plane, they had been taken out and they had a glass barrier covering all the controls.
Darsly mum (at her mums grave)
On Mothers day we also visited my NANA'S GRAVE, which is my darsly mum's - mother, and we also visited again on the 16th May because it was Nana's birthday, she would have been 77. It was the best day, and so many people were visiting loves one's. Nana is buried at Bunnarong Memorial Park, it is a really beautiful place to visit. We cleaned up Nana's grave and put some flowers there and then we went home.
My darsly mum went to see the Surgeon about here back, the news was not that good. Darsly mum will have to have more surgery on her spine. The bone graft is not heeling, the surgeon wants to see her in 3 months and if the bone graft is still not heeling then he has to do another bone graft. Also all the bolts and screws in her back are causing alot of pain because my darsly mum is only tiny and doesn't have much fat on her and all the titanium in her back is rubbing against nerve and bone, so he is going to have to take out all the bolts and screws. We will know more in three months (around 16th August) but we do know she will have to have more surgery no matter what and she is not looking forward to it at all because she knows how painful the surgery is.
This is just a short journal for you today, when I get back from QUEENSLAND, I will have lots of things to tell you about. Whilst up there in Queensland I will also be doing lots to get the awareness out there about NEUROBLASTOMA and also selling lots of my wristbands whilst up there (proceeds all going to Neuroblastoma Research).
To all my friends & everyone out there who are ill right now - please remember a positive attitude and lots of strength does get you through he hard times and a big smile on the dile always. LIFE no matter what is a daring adventure, it is a challenge and it was never meant to be easy, even though some do get it a bit easier than others, but being the tough one's we are, we must always be strong and believe we will achieve, we will conquer all the hard times thrown at us. Even though we have be diagnosed with cancer - we must not let that word scare us, it is just a word and we are better than that word and we can beat it. Cancer doesn't always means your life is over, unfortunately alot of people give up the day they here that word - YOU NEVER GIVE UP - you take it on board and you fight the fight with a positive attitude. I will go now, and I will see you all when I arrive home - please take care all my wonderful friends and always keep SMILING.
"JAY"
www.jaysjourney.org
Sign my Guestbook
View my Guestbook
<< Home