JAY'S JOURNEY (NEUROBLASTOMA)

G'DAY MY NAME IS " JAY " I'M 13 YEARS OLD & LIVE IN AUSTRALIA WITH MY DARSLY MUM,DOG SNOWFLAKE & MY MATE PORKA. "I HAVE NEUROBLASTOMA - IT DOSNT HAVE ME" I WANT TO RAISE AWARENESS OF NEUROBLASTOMA SO WE CAN FIND A CURE SO NO OTHER CHILDREN LIKE ME HAVE TO SUFFER I HOPE I CAN INSPIRE EVERYONE TO HELP ME FIND A CURE & SPRED THE WORD ABOUT "NEUROBLASTOMA & ME". STRENGTH - COURAGE - DETERMINATION - HOPE & INSPIRATION CANCER IS NOT KILLING ME - IT IS PUSHING ME TO LIVE.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

My morning with Channel 9 (Today Show)

JAY'S MAIL BAG
P.O. Box 2075
Fountain Gate 3805
Melbourne-Victoria-Australia

""My 12th Birthday is 24th May 2007""

The Survivor Movie(Who I am a True Survivor)

G'DAY it's JAY

G'DAY everyone - It is now School holidays here in Melbourne (yep) they came around really quickly and Easter is not far away. I have 2 weeks off school and go back on 16th April. Just before I broke up from school I received 3 Merit Awards - and that was 3 Merit Awards in one day which is really hard to get. I also got a great certificate because I achieved standing up on a Surf Board when I went on my school camp to Lorne with School a couple of weeks ago (how cool). The camp was great and down at one of our famous surf beaches Lorne in Victoria, we went for a week and we surfed everyday (I think I am a natural born surfer) I really enjoyed it.
Channel 9 Today Show
Steve Jacobs - Jay - Cameron Williams

WOW - I was on the TODAY SHOW on Friday 30th April. Steve Jacobs is the weather reporter on the show and is so very funny and a wonderful guy to hang out with (a laugh a minute) and Cameron Williams is the Sports reporter. They were at Federation Square filming all week because the FINA WORLD SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS were in Melbourne and I got to be on the show from 7am to 9am - and so did darsly mum.

The TODAY SHOW (Channel 9)
Darlsy mum - Steve Jacobs - Jay - Cameron Williams
We caught the train into the city very early in the morning - it was a beautiful morning a little cold but we soon warmed up. When we got to Federation Square we chatted to Steve & Cameron and then they had to do a live cross so we sat and watched.

Darlsy mum - Steve Jacobs - Jay

The gave us some cool caps with the TODAY SHOW on it and Steve & Cameron signed my cap for me. During a break from filming Steve sat down with me and chatted for ages, and he showed me how the weather is done and how he gets all the weather information and then the next live cross we were on - we were on every live cross after up until 9am, it was so much fun to do.
TODAY SHOWS - Steve Jacobs & Sound recordist
Steve also showed me all the equipment - the camera man and the sound recordist guys were really cool. We had so much fun with the TODAY show and Steve invited me back in a few weeks time as they will be in Melbourne again. Steve lives in Melbourne but he has such a cool job he travels all around the country and the world (what a great job).
JAY at FINA WORLD SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS MELBOURNE

After we had finished the live crosses with the TODAY SHOW Darlsy and I then went to the FINA WORLD SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne. We were lucky enough to be given free tickets to the event (other wise we would not have been able to go). It was strange seeing the Melbourne Tennis Centre turned into a world championship pool - it is one of those pools which can be taken anywhere.
JAY at Fina World Swimming Championships

We got to watch some of the top swimmers in the world. I have never been to the swimming before and I really enjoyed it.
JAY & Fina Mascot Penny

While at the Swimming I got a cap to add to my collection of caps - it has the 2007 Melbourne Fina World Championships on it and also the Mascot for the Champs is the little Penguin Penny.
JAY - and drum Teacher ANDY

I got to see ANDY my drum teacher the other day. Lately I have not been able to have lessons because we can't afford it - but Andy did a lesson for me which was cool. Here I am on the Electronic Drum Kit I learn on with Andy. The Electronic kits is cool because it is not as loud as a real drum kit.
JAY - a little sick
My Health: I was not feeling very well, I had really bad headaches and nose bleeds and to top it off I got bitten by a spider. I am not sure what type of spider it was but darsly mu had to rush me to the doctors because my leg swelled up really quickly and it was hurting bad and I was sweating and shaking. I was riding my bike and I felt a pain in my leg, I flicked off my leg what ever it was, I was so scared and I rode my bike home really quickly. I got home and I was shaking and scared, darsly came running outside because I was screaming something bit me. Darlsy asked if I saw what it was, I said I don't know it had big legs. Darlsy took me down to the doctors straight away and they said it was some sort of spider and I was given medication. When I got home I had to lay down I did not feel very well, I also had bad headache. I'm ok, it wont bring me down. The bite on my leg is still there but I am ok. I sometimes think to myself - what's next? what is the next challenge I will be given and will it always be like this all my life having to fight everything thrown against me - and then I think well, things could be worse, I am not the only one having to fight, there are thousands of you out there and I am just one of those thousands. Neuroblastoma: - It ain't every gonna get me, it is never going to bring me down, I am tougher than it is and i want to pass on my toughness, my strength to all the little ones out there who are battling the same illness - of course it is tough but you always must have a positive mind and have that strength to get through it all. DREAM - BELIEVE - ACHIEVE you will win the fight against this horrible illeness. Although I have a spot which sits on my spinal cord at T11- T12, I believe it will never get me and it will never bring me down (I wont let it) and I just get on with the life I have and try not to think about what might be. I live for the future and although I cant' totally forget my past - I try not to think about what was. My journey I hope will help others, I hope will inspire others to never give up hope, to never give up the will to fight. The word Cancer doesn't scare me - it is just a word - a word that actually spells CAN, so all my little buddies out there, don't ever think you can't achieve something, don't ever think you can't win against Cancer because you CAN. I have to go to my Oncology doctor soon for lots of tests - I will let you all know when that will be. And don't forget Darsly mum, she is still in a lot of pain from here Spinal surgery & she goes to have another CT Scan on 26th April, hopefully the scan will be a better result than the last one. Still my darsly is in lots of pain, she never complains and does so much for me even though it is hard for her.
"LIFE IS MY REWARD"
The medals on my chest are broviacs for meds
Helmets wont' stay on cause no hair is on my head
My weapons of destruction I take very day
I fight the battle within me while I struggle to play
I fight with honor and courage
No marine could do as well
I am a child living in this hell
So bring on the medals the purple hearts of wars
The gold cross the silver star to place upon my scars
For I am a child with Cancer
No one has fought so hard
But every day I struggle on
My LIFE is my REWARD
**************

Please click onto Jay's Inspirational Journey the people at Georgies Fund (finding a cure for Neuroblastoma) did an article on me and added it to their website - so please go and have a look - but before you go don't forget to SIGN my guest book.

"JAY"

Please sign my guest book so I know you have visited
I love to read nice messages - it makes me feel good

Sign my Guestbook

View my Guestbook