Shannon makes the beat go on for Jay

"G'Day It's JAY"
CLICK ON THE ARTICLE & YOU CAN READ IT
THE SURVIVOR MOVIE (Who I am - A true Survivor)
****

G'day everyone, yep I'm back, silly computer was playing up so sorry about the long wait. I am here now. The top article appeared in the Berwick News (our local paper) on 15th March, which is a follow up the to article below. Sorry if you are unable to read the print but I can't get it any bigger. Click on the ARTICLE and you will be able to read it - maybe that will help in seeing it better. The article is about Shannon Noll again, the second article they have done on me and Shannon. Shannon is such a big support to me as you all know if you read back on previous journal entries you will find out just how special Shannon is to me and how he inspires me to keep going and the biggest way I do that for Shannon is to keep beating on my drums - the drums that Shannon gave to me. All the kids at school still do not believe me that Shannon is my mate, even when the article was in the paper one of them didn't believe that I have a drum kit and that Shannon gave them to me but it will be proved real soon that Shannon is my best mate as he will come visit my school (that should show all the bullies) . Drum lessons: they are on hold as we can't afford the drum lessons, it was hard for darlsy to tell me I can't have drum lessons anymore, but I do understand, we have been doing it tough so the drums lessons will just have to wait. I will still continue to play my drums at home and try to teach myself more things on the drums so Shannon will be proud.
What have I been up to? Well not that much really but I did get to go to the Australian Formula One Grand Prix which was held in Melbourne last weekend. If you look at the top of my journal you will see a banner CANTEEN they are another cancer support group I am with and they invited me to go to the Grand Prix. Darsly drove me into the Canteen office which is across the road from the Royal Childrens hospital where I go to have lots of things done to me. There were only a hand full of kids invited and I was one of the lucky ones. I did not have a formula one shirt so I wore my V8 Supercar shirt, the Craig Lowndes one. We arrived at the Canteen office at 7am in the morning and we were given a VIP medallion to the Formula One which included a Pit walk to see all the formula one cars and the drivers (How cool is that) I have never been up close to a Formula one car before. My favorite Formula one driver is Fernando Alonso .
The Grand Prix - It was great - Thank you CANTEEN for taking me, along with another organisiations you really know how to brighten the life of a child with cancer and you sure did that for me. My favourite Drive Fernando Alonso he came second on race day. +010.jpg)
My Darsly mum - I wanted to write something about my great MUM - she is my darsly mum and I would not be here today if it were not for her. I call here Darsly, because she is just that, darsly meaning (darling mum). I know it was not my fault that I got cancer, but sometimes I say to my darsly mum (sorry) for making life so difficult and darsly say's back to me, don't be silly, you have not made my life difficult you have just made it more of a challenge and we always get through those challenges and we always will. I am sure it is the same for other cancer parents, they are just put into the background and never recognised for the love - support - time - devotion - strength they put into kids like me. I believe that all parents of cancer kids should be given a special award, well I believe my darsly mum should, she has given up so much, she has given up so much just to keep me alive and got no recognition for it. I can say thank you but that is not enough, I have been given a second chance at life all because of my darlsy mum and she has done it all on her own which makes her even more special. Even through keeping me alive she was also trying to keep her father and mother alive (but they passed away) and then just last year darsly had to have major Spinal Surgery, but she kept on going, I have never known such a positive, strong person before. Even though times are tough for us, my darsly mum always has a smile and always pushes ahead no matter what. My darsly mum is my inspiration in life, she is my strength, my courage, my determinaton to keep fighting my illness and also to fight to help get the awarness out there about Neuroblastoma and to help other families and let them know you can beat this illness. I love you darsly mum.
"YOU KNOW"
You know your the parent of a kid with cancer when....
Kids with hair look strange to you
You can sleep anywhere & anything that reclines more than 15 degrees looks comfy.
You don't realize the sharps container is on the kitchen table until half way through dinner.
You enjoy the trip to the hospital at 3am because there aren't any cars on the freeway .
You hear a truck backing up & think it's the IV alarm beeping.
Med students ask to borrow your notes.
You wrap presents & packages with surgical tape.
Waiting for an hour doesn't seem a long time anymore compared to the wait at the first doctors appointment.
You have syringes in our cutlery rack in the dishwasher.
Every little thing can make you cry but this list has you rolling on the floor.
****
My friend NAVADA: Please click Angel Navada my wonderful brave little Neuroblastoma friend who lost her battle with NB in 2006. It is the 1st Anniversary of Navada going to heaven on Easter Sunday, so please could every one out there visit Navada's site and leave a message of support to her wonderful mum Lori. Very soon angel Navada will be getting a little sister, a little sister she will never get to know, but I am sure Lori will let the new little baby know all about her big sister Navada and how very brave and special she was. I miss you Navada and will never forget you.
"JAY"

+15th+March+07+001.jpg)


<< Home