JAY'S JOURNEY (NEUROBLASTOMA)

G'DAY MY NAME IS " JAY " I'M 13 YEARS OLD & LIVE IN AUSTRALIA WITH MY DARSLY MUM,DOG SNOWFLAKE & MY MATE PORKA. "I HAVE NEUROBLASTOMA - IT DOSNT HAVE ME" I WANT TO RAISE AWARENESS OF NEUROBLASTOMA SO WE CAN FIND A CURE SO NO OTHER CHILDREN LIKE ME HAVE TO SUFFER I HOPE I CAN INSPIRE EVERYONE TO HELP ME FIND A CURE & SPRED THE WORD ABOUT "NEUROBLASTOMA & ME". STRENGTH - COURAGE - DETERMINATION - HOPE & INSPIRATION CANCER IS NOT KILLING ME - IT IS PUSHING ME TO LIVE.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Living Life (because I can)

"JAY'S"
(Mail bag)
P.O. BOX 2075 FOUNTAIN GATE 3805
MELBOURNE - VICTORIA - AUSTRALIA
Australian Bone Marrow Donor Registry

G'day It's JAY
G'DAY everyone - sorry again for the delay in doing a journal but I have lots of homework I have to get done for school and that comes first. Well it is SPRING here in Melbourne Australia now so that means lovely sunny days, all the flowers are out (no more winter cold) yipppppe, so we have been making the most of the sunny weather and getting out and about in Melbourne, so my journal this time is giving you all a tour of Melbourne (so maybe all you over seas people) will come visit me here in Australia. You would love it, Melbourne is the most beautiful city in Australia and always lots to do. (I would say that - I live here) but it is I love Melbourne. The above photo is of me sitting on the St Kilda Pier in Melbourne. At the end of the pier is a kiosk where you can get a drink. It was a beautiful weekend, the sun was shining so darsly and I went for a walk along the pier, along the beach, looked at the St.Kilda esplanade Market where people have little stalls and they sell things they have made such as paintings, jewellery and lots of cool stuff and then we went to ::Luna Park:: and had some fun rides and then walked along Acland Street where thousands of people hang out because there are lots of Restaurant's, cake shops, bars, ice-cream places, clothes shops, everything - it is a busy street, and darsly and I had ICE CREAM and then went to the chocolate shop YUM.
Above is one the the boat tours you can go on (from ST.KILDA pier) this one was the Penguin Tour. PLEASE NOTE the great AUSTRALIAN flag flying high. In the background is the NOVOTEL a beautiful Hotel you can stay at. Don't forget to click all the UNDERLINED words I have marked, if you click Novotel you will see some great images of ST.KILDA.
Now look carefully - ABOVE - I am sitting at the end of St.Kilda Pier, in the back ground is the city of MELBOURNE the tallest building you can see on the left side of my head is the EUREKA tower the tallest building in the Southern Hemisphere (I will be telling you all about this building further down the page). It was such a wonderful sunny day, it was great to be able to get out for the weekend, because I have not been feeling the best, had a lot of headaches and nose bleeds, so it was great to get out, get some fresh air and live life to the full.
Well - I'm getting eaten up by the big Luna Park Mouth. What a fun place to go, lots of rides, lots to eat and great to go to when the weather is great as well.

I bet you are all wondering who this "lovely young lady is" I am with in the photo?? well that is the lovely " Gian Rooney " who is one of our Olympic Swimmers and a really nice person. And I suppose you are wondering what I am doing with her (just hanging out)(LOL). Gian is the ambassador for the " Welcome to the Health Games - Victoria Health Games, Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre " which is sponsored by LEXUS who have chosen the wonderful CAMP QUALITY (laughter is the best medicine) as their charity to raise money for. The Health Games is all about FUN, the games are silly games such as an Egg and spoon race, that is why Gian and I have an EGG in our hands, we had an Egg and spoon race in Melbourne City Lexus where the media day was to launch the games. Lexus of course are very expensive cars and I got to sit in once.

This is Gian and me sitting in the Lexus Convertible - I guess you could say it was a used car buy the time we had all jumped in it (LOL).

The media was at the launch, there were Lot's of photo's taken, it was on the national 9 news and also in the paper. The man standing next to me is the boss man of LEXUS, the others are workers who will be participating in the Health Games. If you can get a team together then you can enter, so just click on the Welcome to the Health Games at the top of the page and you can find out all about the day which will be raising money for Camp Quality.

EUREKA TOWER - MELBOURNE
EUREKA TOWER: Was created to reach for the sky- Nothing you have ever experienced will prepare you for the awe inspiring view of MELBOURNE from the Southern Hemisphere's highest viewing platform. The viewing platform ( Eureka Skydeck 88 ) is on the 88th floor and Melbourne's new must see attraction. Skydeck 88 has the world's only EDGE experience - a glass cube which projects 3 metres out from the building 88 levels above the ground - with YOU in it.
Me "JAY" on the EDGE

WOW - Unreal, this is THE EDGE I am standing in (as you can see the bit I am standing on is GLASS) and all you can see is 88 floors to the bottom. The edge is a part of the building - you get into it and then it pushes out 3 metres over the edge of the building (scary) but so cool. When you first get in all the box I am standing in is totally frosted over - you can't see anything until it is pushed out over the edge and the frosting goes away and you are helpless hovering 88 floors above. Darlsy mum was too Chicken to get in it (she gets vertigo) but I did get her to come up to the 88th floor and she watched me go over the edge. WOW what a view - what an experience. All these people I am in this photo with (I don't know any of them - was just stuck in there with them).Click on to About EUREKA TOWER it will tell you all about Eureka Tower and how the top is made from 24 Carrot Gold Plated (which takes up the last 8 floors of the Tower and that Eureka Tower is the WORLDS tallest Residential Tower.
Is this cool of what - this is on the 88th Floor of Eureka Tower - in the background is our greatest ever sporting venue the MCG - this is where the Commonwealth Games was held and where the AFL Grand Final is held and in front of the MCG is ROD LAVER ARENA that is where the Australian Open Tennis is held in January each year and lots of concerts and other things are held there as well.
Another view of the MCG and the water below is the Yarra River which winds it's way through Melbourne.
Another great View of the rest of the buildings in Melbourne - on the left near my head is Federation Square.
On the right side of my head you will see the DOCKLANDS and another sporting venue TELSTRA DOME where they play AFL footy and Rugby and that is the home of Channel 7 - way out in the background somewhere is the MELBOURNE Airport.

NEW QUAY - DOCKLANDS


NewQuay Dockland is where all the wealthy people live - great to visit and see how the other half live (lol). The big boat in the background (not sure who's it is) but the name on the side of it said "TEXAS" - so if you know who owns a boat called Texas let me know (cool boat). Those big stick things sticking up that is actually a bridge (yes it is) and here it is below at night time and when you go over that bridge it is the best view of Melbourne. The bridge is called the BOLTE BRIDGE . The BOLTE Bridge - Gate Way to Melbourne from the Melbourne Airport - we go over it alot because I like to go to the Airport to watch the planes land.
That is TELSTRA DOME in the background - the sporting venue I mentioned before & the buildings of Melbourne. This was the most beautiful day in Melbourne. Along the Docklands here NewQuay Dockland are hundreds of trendy Restaurant's and residential buildings (which you need a lot of money - if you want to live in one).

Darsly and I had a great day in Melbourne, we walked for miles all along NewQuay Dockland , walked over to TELSTRA DOME and then walked all the way to EUREKA TOWER - climbed the tower and then we walked all the way back to New Quay - it was a fun day but we were exhausted after.
This is the ROYAL CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL in Melbourne - they are up grading it all (about time) because it is old - so hopefully they will do what the sign Say's "Building a New Hospital for Victoria's Children". There had been alot of work done on the hospital already, but still a lot of work to be completed. I go here sometimes when I have to have certain tests done - but my main hospital is wonderful MONASH MEDICAL CENTRE in Clayton - not as far to drive and the kids cancer centre at Monash has all been upgraded as well. Our kids need to come first and all this work on the Royal Children's Hospital should have been done long ago in stead of the Government putting money into unnecessary things all the time (KIDS ARE THE FUTURE) and there are a lot of sick kids out there - they deserve to have the best facilities and to be treated well - so this total upgrade of the Royal Children's Hospital is very welcome but has been too long coming.
We have a show here called Home and Away which I like to watch and I am standing outside Channel 7 (at Telstra Dome) where they do some filming of it in the studio - but most of it is filmed out doors on location. I hope you have all enjoyed my tour of MELBOURNE - I had a great time with Darsly mum, Melbourne is a great place to live and over the summer time which is not that far away, I will be down the beach alot and having fun being a kid and living life to the full and darsly will be taking all the photo's (lol)..
The reason I did a journal about getting out and about was to show I suppose that Living with Cancer doesn't have to be doom and gloom and to let others know that us cancer kids can get out, can do anything, can LIVE LIFE to the full even though we have to endure a few hurdles along the way. The day we are diagnosed with Cancer, doesn't have to mean it is the end of the world - for some reason people hear that word Cancer and they panic (we are sick yes) but we are a live and each day we are alive should be spent living it to the full and treasuring every moment, whether it be with photo's like my darlsy mum does, or other ways'. There are day's and many of them where I don't feel the best, but I don't let it defeat me - on the day we went into the Melbourne to climb the Eureka Tower, by head was pounding, I had the worst headache and I felt very sick, but I was determined I was not going to let it stop me from doing what I wanted to do and that was to get to the top of the TOWER and to go out on the EDGE (that was the ultimate moment for me) standing on the Edge and forgetting about my headache and the pain I had in my legs (that all seemed to disappear) when I achieved another magic moment in my life. I suppose what I am saying - like I have said many times before Pain is Temporary - but Quitting is forever - and quitting is something I never do. I have many things in my life I want to achieve, none of us know how long we have on this earth, so why wait to do things - get out there and achieve them now, keep smiling, enjoy life and NEVER GIVE UP. You know that saying "WINNING ISN'T EVERYTHING" well I look at that and ask who ever made up that saying has never had to battle Cancer, because in my opinion when you battle Cancer "WINNING IS EVERYTHING" and I suppose only those who battle cancer would understand what I mean.

MY HEALTH: I am doing ok guys, I have my persistant headaches and nosebleeds and leg pain, and as stated in my last journal the scan results showed "Consistant Stable Disease on the Spine" - (a time bomb basically). My appointment with my Oncology doctor is on 8th Ocotober and darsly and I have lots of questions. Darsly has been writing to lots of other Specialists here and overseas to get some opinions, so as when we go to see my Oncology doctor we can compare opinions on what to do - but until then I just have to wait (waiting is something you just get use to when you are in the medical system here).

What's coming up: Well, there are lot's of things coming up over the next few weeks, I will give you a hint. School holidiays start here in Melbourne on 22nd September & I will be going on a very special camp with CAMP QUALITY and I will tell you all about that when I get back. But before then, this weekend from 14th Sept I am doing something that I look forward to every year and it is to do with Fast Cars - I am sure you can figure that out. And on Monday 17th Sept I am doing something even more exciting and that is to do with Planes - so I will leave you all in suspence until I get to do my next journal which I am not sure when that will be because I have lot's of Homework I need to get done. But don't worry guys - I will do another journal as soon as I can.

Thank you - To all my supporters out there - even though I don't know you all, I feel like I do know you all. Your wonderful messages, and emails to me make me feel really special. But I don't feel special, all I want to be able to do is to get the Awareness out there about NEUROBLASTOMA, do as much as I can to raise money for research, to cheer up all my little friends who battle NB and to let parents know that you can beat it - I have been given that second chance at life, and I make the most of it, and if that is Cheering up just one child, then that keeps a smile on my dile (face) because I know I have contributed in a very small way in putting a smile on a childs face. And to the parents, don't waste your days' fighting and arguing whether it be with doctors or family memebers, spend your time concentrating on the great times with your children (especially the sick ones') each day is a moment to be treasured, why waste in fighting, argueing - life is short, we are not here for a long time - we are here for a short time and us cancer kids don't want to see out parents stressed and fighting with doctors and stuff, we want to see you all happy (BECAUSE WE ARE) even though we are the sick one's. Please don't forget to ask about my WRISTBANDS and thank you to all the people in America who are walking around with my bands on - it makes me feel really good that you care.


"JAY"


Sign my Guestbook

View my Guestbook